Review: Heroes Over Europe

Review: Heroes Over Europe

It's entertaining, but hardly a heroic effort.

Read Full Article

Hey Funk how about Valkyrie combat, think that outstrips WWII combat?

Thanks for the review. The game looks like everything we've seen before, but it's been a while since we've had a good arcade flyer out there.

Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader was the best arcade flyer ever made, but its been 8 YEARS since then. Surely we can do better.

Undead Dragon King:
Thanks for the review. The game looks like everything we've seen before, but it's been a while since we've had a good arcade flyer out there.

Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader was the best arcade flyer ever made, but its been 8 YEARS since then. Surely we can do better.

Then you haven't played Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge.

So now they can finish making Sin City, right?

Oh, never mind, they're not doing that anymore -- I forgot.

CantFaketheFunk:
John Funk thinks WW2-era air combat was so much cooler than what we have today.

Back in those days there was chivalry in the air.
I read somehere that in the era of Biplanes, sorties would be called off by both belligerent aces if one was running out of fuel or had his guns jam.

Those cutscenes look excessively familiar.
Commandos everyone?

This looks like fun though, I might have to look into it.

English Criticism, Mr. Funk! How does something happen rarely but occasionally? Hm?!

I find this looks very much like Blazing Angels. There are obvious differences.

I'll see if I can get it on the wii, then I'll trade in my Blazing Angels for this.

I love playing that Heros simulation game in the arcades, its worth every 2! But this HOE looks abit.. meh. It wont feel right without playing it on a Sim'd cockpit with a coinslot on the dashboard.

hmmmm...Good enough review. Definitly looks like it's based on the Blazing Angels engine. But still looks kinda standard.

As far as good WW2 flight games go, Il-2 Sturmovik for the Xbox/ps3 is really good.

hazakura:
hmmmm...Good enough review. Definitly looks like it's based on the Blazing Angels engine. But still looks kinda standard.

It's actually based on the Heroes of the Pacific engine, and is the sequel to that 2005 game.

Not quite IL-2 Sturmovik, huh?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here