Doomsday Arcade: Episode 19

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

An amazing episode. Not the funniest, but the best edited, acted and well. The best episode!
Quick request, could you pop the song played in the background of the montage of emotions into a mp3 up for download? Would be amazingly sweet. Once again, the best episode. Mad props. Cheers!

EDIT: Spelling and adding a missed word >.>

Firstly, Lord British and the Dicelord are awesome.

Secondly,

WHAT THE FOOK JUST HAPPENED?

Fantastic Mouth Effects. Brilliant character, awesome storyline and telling.

i havent bothered to read the other comments as strait away i just want to say. FUCKING EPIC. so brilliant! everything worked so well with eachother. thankyou for this gift you have bestowed upon us

Best. Cliffhanger. Ever.

Dicelord rules!!!!

Boom, headshot!

BEST EPISODE YET!!! This show just keeps getting better. The dice lord is my favorite kind of character as well, and he was executed masterfully.

As for how the Michaels might be brought back:
They were just in the presence of a being with powers like that of a DM or GM, he could. simply have been showing one string of events to them by his discretion as a warning to guide them where he wanted them to go. Kind of like giving a PC an in game prophecy.

Vicente de Lisboa:
Funny thing is, when this series started, it was by far the weakest on the Escapist. Now, for some reason, all the good ideas have come to the surface, and it's quite possibly the best series around.

Good job, I say!

Let's not push it, buddy :P
The show is great, but it's not Apocalypse Lane amazing. I find it funny; I came here for Yahtzee, and now, I'm enjoying Apocalypse Lane and Doomsday Arcade more than Zero Punctuation.

Holy crap, the effects on the Dice Lord were friggin' awesome!

this guy is weird
the dice lord

JimmyBassatti:

Vicente de Lisboa:
Funny thing is, when this series started, it was by far the weakest on the Escapist. Now, for some reason, all the good ideas have come to the surface, and it's quite possibly the best series around.

Good job, I say!

The show is great, but it's not Apocalypse Lane amazing. I find it funny; I came here for Yahtzee, and now, I'm enjoying Apocalypse Lane and Doomsday Arcade more than Zero Punctuation.

I'd say it is the best thing around, better than apocolypse. Doomsday is just so well executed and so imaginitive

Ok now go and watch the first episode.
I'll wait.

How much have the effects, acting, narrative and overall professionalism improved over the series?

This is easily my favourite series here on the Escapist.
Lund and Shanks dead though?
I wont let it happen, I'm not going to be satisfied until a Doomsday Arcade 2 hour a piece trilogy in full HD is released on Blu-Ray. Once I have said blu rays, I will allow them to kill Lund and Shanks.

That was SO EPIC.

It's like the other 18 episodes where just warm up for this. =D Effects where brilliant. Music was perfect. Awesome everything for the emotions part. Less jokes but the ones that DID appear where spot on. Especially "Lord British is going to space!". Oh and the ending. So perfect, I was half expecting Toad to be the one to do it but the way it was all presented I had a moment of doubt and then it was all BAM.

I can half entertain the idea of the series somehow continuing with Lund and Shanks dead, although it wouldn't be the same. Plus the Dice Lords pointed comments about betrayal (and the increased animosity between the two characters) suggest they are going to come back at some point so one of them can stab the other in the back.

Anyway, great work. Stuff like this makes me want my own Doomsday Arcade DVD.

weirdoproductions:

JimmyBassatti:

Vicente de Lisboa:

Good job, I say!

I'd say it is the best thing around, better than apocolypse. Doomsday is just so well executed and so imaginitive

Apocalypse Lane is easier to get into, and it's not entirely gamer jokes, something I like, as I get tired of it constantly in the stuff here. I mean, come on guys, we can do other stuff than vijma games, even if this IS a gaming site :D

that was an incredibly well-done episode, nicely done!

JimmyBassatti:

weirdoproductions:

JimmyBassatti:

Vicente de Lisboa:

Good job, I say!

Apocalypse Lane is easier to get into, and it's not entirely gamer jokes, something I like, as I get tired of it constantly in the stuff here. I mean, come on guys, we can do other stuff than vijma games, even if this IS a gaming site :D

It does have non-gaming jokes, but the demographic for the show is gamers (not so much for Apocalypse Lane). I mean, it's called DOOMSDAY ARCADE for f**ks sake. And being a gamer, I frankly enjoy Doomsday Arcade the most on this site, with Unskippable at a close second.

Great episode. Will they respawn?

JimmyBassatti:

weirdoproductions:

JimmyBassatti:

Vicente de Lisboa:

Good job, I say!

I know there are lots of gaming jokes but i am a very casual gamer. i dont have mass amounts of knowledge, yet i still enjoy it for how well its done and the other jokes. also you can get the jist of most jokes. whilst apocolypse seems lacking, i dont majorly laugh at it, i dont look at it and think "wow, what amazing animation" but its your opinion.

tellmeimaninja:

JimmyBassatti:

weirdoproductions:

JimmyBassatti:

Vicente de Lisboa:

Good job, I say!

It does have non-gaming jokes, but the demographic for the show is gamers (not so much for Apocalypse Lane). I mean, it's called DOOMSDAY ARCADE for f**ks sake. And being a gamer, I frankly enjoy Doomsday Arcade the most on this site, with Unskippable at a close second.

Still, I like Apocalypse Lane because it's nice to have something to watch when you don't want a million jokes or references to Tim Langdell :D

I love it!!! "Did you hit the button?" "yes" "shit" They cant be dead!!!!

THEY CANT KILL THE MICHEALZ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BladeOfAkriloth:
Christ don't tell me you're ACTUALLY gonna kill em... you can't end the show at it's most awesomesauce-filled portion....

Relax I'm sure they'll re spawn or something

great episodes, loads of laughs, awesome cliffhanger the dicelord was awesome gj

anyone else notice the Schindlers lift thing at 6:44? I thought that was quite ingenious

While you've departed a lot from the first few episodes which were gigglefests, I consider this your best episode yet. Dice has such an awesome character and I love the facial effects you've got on him.

And of course, that outtake was hilarious.

Episode 20 is going to be fucking awesome.

And damn, the effects in the Dice-Lord scene was amazing.

Shanks?

Shanks!

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS!!!

Great effects with the Dicelord face! And emotion montage was excellent.

Physics pun before the elevator was particularly pained-groan-worthy. :-)

This series was going stale but now its back to how awesome it was.
I loved lord Britishand the dice lord is the best character ever.

Dam i wonder how they get out of that.

"You have died. Return to last save point? Y/N"

What a tweest!

I love the acting of the dicelord. It has to be one of the best in the series yet.

o_o Good ending for the episode. I realy expected a joining of forces there not that. I'm suprised there was no FFVII Nod in there, unless I just missed it.

Dammit, cliffhanger. Also, the dice lord is awesome. Wacky but scary, funny but powerful. Great great great.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here