Doomsday Arcade: Episode 19

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Defo have more out-takes next time.

It is simply mind-boggling that you can create videos to this standard every two weeks. I sulute you guys.

And please have Lord British return - that guy is awesome!

I need the dice lord montage music. Also Dice lord is the coolest thing ever.

Lund, Shanks... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

It can't be.

But he pressed the magic elevator button so things will reset... I hope...

lawl

I hope the Dice Lord makes another appearance. That guy was almost certainly too good to be a one-shot character.

I hope this isn't the end, please let there be a Phoenix Down or at the very least a respawn point laying around.

Archemetis:

I'm having difficulty thinking of a video game way for them to come back from being shot in the face...
Next week's gonna be interesting, me'thinks.

my guess is the prince of Persia way, either a rewind button thing, or the age old "no-no that never happened" like in chose your own adventure books

SAVING ROLL SAVING ROLL GOD LET BE A SAVING ROLL!

that was beyond epic

My first post ever ;). My favourite-episode of Doomsday Arcade so far^^.

ME LOVES THE DICELORD!!!!

Realy nice episode :]
The Dicelord character is very interesting ^^
Hope u bring him back in later episodes :D
(Btw u got the second best opening song on the Escapist ^^)

who were the rpg guys the only one i recognised was shepard? ><

Stinky244:
What game references were in this episode. There was Arthas from WoW, Shepard from Mass Effect but didnt know who the two other guys were. Also the music and the whole feel of the episode. Of what games was that based on?

Lord British is something you can just google.
The guy asking about a ring was in the first town of Morrowind doing just that.

I've just realised that during the emotions montage when it gets to mario it keeps flashing a pictuer of a peach. xD

jericu:

I liked the bit with the NMH music at the end.

You mean the elevator? If by NMH you mean No More Heroes, specifically
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb17xrWLaVE <- this music, it's similar but not the same.

Actually, the melody from the elevator was played in the background during part of the emotions montage. And the melody has similarities with the Doomsday Arcade theme as well. I don't think any of this is an accident, but I think it's awesome that they have a melodic motif to tie things together. :D

Best. episode. yet.
I was SO expecting the Dicelord to be something like Jester from Devil May Cry 3, and I was right.
Great job guys!

this is an amasing episode , grats your story got really epic and i did not even notice until now (call me a nub)

the dicelord is just amasing and i hope he comme back at some point....and i feel he is really the one pulling the strings "he controls it for see"
awesome episode btw!

avelmen1889:

Archemetis:

I'm having difficulty thinking of a video game way for them to come back from being shot in the face...
Next week's gonna be interesting, me'thinks.

my guess is the prince of Persia way, either a rewind button thing, or the age old "no-no that never happened" like in chose your own adventure books

i really hope that they do it the prince of persia way, but i doubt it since they don't have any sands of time

my guess is they'll use deus ex machina

btw, probably getting old but, AWESOME EPISODE!!!! AWESOME DICE LORD!!!! AWESOME OHMS LAW!!!

Because Michael Shanks must never die

ohay look what i made

the dice lord is the shiz

Didn't see that one coming....

LegsyWegsy:
ohay look what i made

That is pretty awesome, what program you use for that?

The dice lord manged to get enough character across in his short sitting that he could be used as a full blown villain in many settings. His controlling the odds and being controlled by the odds give a kind of two face/riddler feel.

HT_Black:
Wow...The only thought in my head was that this must be what it's like when Rorshach plays DM at the Watchmen's weekly D&D session...

How exactly can one continue after the ending of this, if I may ask? It's rather...final.

Well.... any death-match game has a re-spawn timer. Or one of the wizards was realy a good guy and revives them or something.

uh huh...

well im confused as hell and i didn't think Mass Effect would come into this

the dicelord was freaking awsome "No no no no no, THAT would be telling" with the sideways mouth lol

Timelord91:

LegsyWegsy:
ohay look what i made

That is pretty awesome, what program you use for that?

Flash of course

Wait... if this series ends now (which I highly doubt and do not want in the slightest), then that'll be TWO awesome Escapist shows being cancelled.

What will I watch then :O

Super Confused :(
Dont kill them off, We havn't saw enough video Game Char's :((
And Also This Program ROCKS

Are we actually supposed to recognise the characters when the Dice Lord says "you may recognise some familiar faces2? I didn't recognise any of them (apart from the actors, that is).

Also this is my fourth viewing, I LOVE this episode!

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. Dicelord is the most awesome character I've seen in ages. Bloody freaky. Wow. I'm a sheep again. Btw anyone who reads this? Who do you think is playing him?

freaking awesome, whoever does the special effects for this is the greatest. Although the costumes could be better like at least give the dicelord a hood, it was blatant he wrapped a t-shirt around his head, as well as commander shepard - just an tiny N7 decal on a black shirt

I have two guesses for what happens next...

1 - Grim Fandango style afterlife which they have to escape from (the clearly increased budget at work!)

2 - Toad is actually part of the resistance and revives them at the Resistance HQ or inside Mario's base.

Archemetis:

Umm regenerating health bars perhaps? Works in just about every shooter made these days....

Edit: Also, LegsyWegsy that Dicelord animation is excellent, nice job!

made me have the .... Wha? face on but it was good

LORD BRITISH IS GOING TO SPACE!

I'll SEND YOU A LETTER FROM JUPITA!!!

LOL that was the FUNNIEST thing i've seen all week, and i don't even know what that joke is referring to, can someone explain it to me please?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here