Unforgotten Realms: Episode 46: Stylish and Delicious

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

-down on my knees- WHYYYYYYYYYY WHYYYYYYYYYY

Killed, skinned and eated.. Poor pig.

Edit: Forgot to read most of the posts. Good luck to you and hopefully enough fans will be able to support your hobby (and our entertainment).

nyuuuuuu you can't leave Unforgotten Realms hanging in balance! D: has The Escapist fired you or something??? what happened???

SirSchmoopy:

You must not be able to read through the lines.

I have bills I need to be able to pay off. If enough fans are interested in buying the DVD (and compared to the views this series gets it's less then 5% of those fans that would be required to buy a DVD) I will have to get another job. If I get another job this goes back to being a hobby for me and when it's a hobby then I'm not inclined to do episodes faster then at the rate of "In my spare time.

Assuming I can aqquire the funds from the fans to continue the show, you can expect me to release episodes as enough as I have so on Escapist. I have no reason to NOT make episodes because if I did, people would forget about the show completely. Even at this very moment I am working on episodes on and off while getting my site and the DVD up and running so that when I am confident that there is enough support from the fans to take the risk of not picking up another job and continuing on this full time then nothing will change except for the fact you would visit urealms.com to see new episodes.

Why didn't I come out and directly say this before? Because I thought I did. I thought it was very clear what I was trying to get across on the front page of urealms.com, the fans are now in charge of supporting the show and if that happens, were set. A bunch of you come here and act like I'm selling out or trying to rip people off but I have been doing this as a "Career" even before the Escapist. Before the Escapist this business model WAS the model I was using for driving the show. Sell enough DVDs, we keep making more.

This isn't buy enough of season one. This is a trend. Every 6 to 8 months, i'll have the last seasons DVD and I'll be pushing to sell it. You want a subscription method? This is it but you get a DVD as well. Either way even if I don't sell a DVD I plan on finishing this season of Unforgotten Realms since I have the scripts all done and most of the audio recorded. Some of you are making me out to be an evil money grubbing animator and trust me, if I was an evil money grubbing animator, you would know it. I would tell you and laugh at you all while I scourge Mc duck myself in a room full of canuck five dollar bills but unfortunately I'm not, I'm a guy who has rent and food bills to cover and am in a very fickle and volatile internet business. Don't say you are going to support the show then immediately say "But not if this or that happens" because you totally missed the point.

With that said I'd like to strongly urge any of you with a voice or opinion to take it to the urealms.com/forums. This will be my last post here on the Escapist as I can't keep coming back here to correct all the misinformation forever! If your looking for a response to a question, take it to our forums to make a post, PM me or even email me at rob@wittywizard.com.

I know most of the anger in this thread comes from the fact some of you are sadden that the show is in bad shape right now. I apologize but it was not up to me to decide to course of action, it was what needed to happen in ORDER for it to continue. I'm not here asking you to understand the reasoning why the show is gone, I'm here asking you to see how the show can continue.

Thanks.

That sounds a lot better; in fact, it sounds like the series has a very good chance of surviving. I would have bought a DVD anyways and knowing that the money goes towards the production of new episodes(and is not spent on alcohol or anything) just encourages me even more to do so.

when i get money (im in highschool, it takes a while to get a job) ill try to buy MULTIPLE COPIES of the dvd, i love this show more than 4 year olds love to scream into a headset mics,and ill be damned if this show ends

They'd better not take away my avatar! >:(

Eh, see you later, Rob. I didn't enjoy all of UR, but what was good was definitely very good. I wish you well.

Let's all buy DVD's! Viva la vida URealms.

NOOOO!! It barely lasted 2 seasons! :'(

btw, can u pay for the dvds with cash? cuz i donts gots no credit cards :(

aww... well I can see why it was pulled from the escapist but I had hopes for it getting good again.

nate30030:
NOOOO!! It barely lasted 2 seasons! :'(

btw, can u pay for the dvds with cash? cuz i donts gots no credit cards :(

I use these prepaid gift cards I pick up in a store - it's more expensive (a few bucks canadian to activate over top of what you are paying i.e. $28 for a $25 card) but at least it is an alternative, particularly if paypal doesn't recognize your bank account.

on topic, I plan on supporting Rob's venture. My gaming group relies on UR to lighten the mood after a harsh session of me repeatedly TPKing them.

i have almost no reason to ever return to the escapist now =[ details on the dvd soone! il miss you schmoopy

DevelopedMilk:
i have almost no reason to ever return to the escapist now =[ details on the dvd soone! il miss you schmoopy

Same but I got a fic here and I have nowhere to go.

Thanks for the additional info SirSchmoopy, I think I now better understand the situation. If buying a dvd will really help you out that much, then I will purchase one when it comes out.

you got me there :)

To be honest the series started out well...
.. the last season seemed like lazy work and had more intro/outro then actual video time.
The story just went down hill and it doesn't surprise me they're dumping this series. If the author had put more thought and time/effort into his later work this might not have happened.

Please in the name of all thats good keep UR going rob, ive been watching it since the classics :(

So when you say this week is all an illusion you mean that you ARE going to continue the series right? I hope so. Even tho my brain is trying to make me believe what i WANT. AND EVERYONE ELSE!

IWCAS:
So when you say this week is all an illusion you mean that you ARE going to continue the series right? I hope so. Even tho my brain is trying to make me believe what i WANT. AND EVERYONE ELSE!

I think the name is just a reference to the "person vanishes because they are supposedly an optical illusion" joke. Also, Rob said in post 249 of this thread that he wouldn't be posting here anymore.

Peacey:

Balthassar:
Wow, can't believe the series is over... forever...

Wow, wow, wow, wow. It's only forever if we don't buy the DVD. And even then it's probably not completely gone.

I can be melodramatic if I want. I'll probably buy the DVD anyway.

for those who havent already seen this Sir Schmoopy posted this on his forum (urealms.com):

I am still in the fine details of pounding out what will be on the DVD but so far here is the currently what the DVD Consists of.

* 2 DVD in a single double side CD Case.
* Episodes 1 to 12 or rather the entire season of Unforgotten Realms
* Episode 1 to 12 commentary, two hours of me simply rambling, pausing the DVD doing Madden style pictures and comments telling you all the special little stories and events that happend during the making of the first season.
* A Roamin never before seen the Paladin cartoon. (This one is still in the works, it's either a semi long 10 to 15 minute cartoon or three smaller ones broken up)
* Lore and History video. For those of you to completely geek out over, I have a presentation that covers all the inner workings of the places visted in season one and talk about more indept about some things I just leave to the imagination but have written down on paper. Learn about my version of "Kobolds" a bit more. See a detailled map of the world where Sir Schmoopy and co visited. Learn the back stories of all your favorite characters. This might even be broken up into a couple pieces.
* The Making of UR. You get to see me in a day in a life from the writing process I typically do, to the audio recording and animation (Oh noes I finally give away some of the REAL tools I secretly use) all in a entertaining package. (This feature is planned to be worked on and is still in the "Want to do it but will see" category.
* Unforgotten Quest History. Long have I kept the secret of the Unforgotten Realms game hush hush, teasing the fans until it gets to a more complete state. Because of this the game has been created and remade over a dozen times and theres a lot to show off and talk about. (The Preorder copies and copies that help revive the show may or may not come with a special Key for the future Beta WINK)

Tempest Fennac:

IWCAS:

I think the name is just a reference to the "person vanishes because they are supposedly an optical illusion" joke. Also, Rob said in post 249 of this thread that he wouldn't be posting here anymore.

[sigh] yeah i know. I very sad so i don't know what to do with my computer anymore.

Shadowsin375:
for those who havent already seen this Sir Schmoopy posted this on his forum (urealms.com):

I am still in the fine details of pounding out what will be on the DVD but so far here is the currently what the DVD Consists of.

* 2 DVD in a single double side CD Case.
* Episodes 1 to 12 or rather the entire season of Unforgotten Realms
* Episode 1 to 12 commentary, two hours of me simply rambling, pausing the DVD doing Madden style pictures and comments telling you all the special little stories and events that happend during the making of the first season.
* A Roamin never before seen the Paladin cartoon. (This one is still in the works, it's either a semi long 10 to 15 minute cartoon or three smaller ones broken up)
* Lore and History video. For those of you to completely geek out over, I have a presentation that covers all the inner workings of the places visted in season one and talk about more indept about some things I just leave to the imagination but have written down on paper. Learn about my version of "Kobolds" a bit more. See a detailled map of the world where Sir Schmoopy and co visited. Learn the back stories of all your favorite characters. This might even be broken up into a couple pieces.
* The Making of UR. You get to see me in a day in a life from the writing process I typically do, to the audio recording and animation (Oh noes I finally give away some of the REAL tools I secretly use) all in a entertaining package. (This feature is planned to be worked on and is still in the "Want to do it but will see" category.
* Unforgotten Quest History. Long have I kept the secret of the Unforgotten Realms game hush hush, teasing the fans until it gets to a more complete state. Because of this the game has been created and remade over a dozen times and theres a lot to show off and talk about. (The Preorder copies and copies that help revive the show may or may not come with a special Key for the future Beta WINK)

that sounds pretty cool

goodbye unofrgottten realms, i watched every episode from the first one! i remember when you came to the site. it was nice having you here, good luck in all your ventures. hopefully youll get enough money from the dvds to keep making the show. ill check your site on occasion to keep in touch! bye and thanks!

Enough about the last episode on the escapist! We have a mystery of the stairs to find out. How are they supposed to get out of the basement now?

Hmm this'l probabbly go unanswered so long after the vid went up but here goes what Is going on with gaary's lips while he's wearing pig helmet he has 2 sets one inside and one outside

I made an account just because of Unforgotten realms here.

outcast_within:
http://urealms.com/dvdroad/dvdroad.html
we are so doomed

I keep getting a "Cannot be Displayed" message when I try to view that page (it initially comes up for half a second before vanishing). What does it say exactly?

EDIT: I can view it using Opera (I just saw Rob's Explorer comment on the home page).

Tempest Fennac:

outcast_within:
http://urealms.com/dvdroad/dvdroad.html
we are so doomed

I keep getting a "Cannot be Displayed" message when I try to view that page (it initially comes up for half a second before vanishing). What does it say exactly?

EDIT: I can view it using Opera (I just saw Rob's Explorer comment on the home page).

It shows a gameboard with around 50 steps with the end showing enough sales of the 30$ dvd. Currently i think they stand at step number 3. This is a couple of weeks after the show ended at the escapist and the topic was "hot"
Now people are slowly forgetting about a small charming movie snack called urealms and already moved on. I highly doubt he will even reach his halfway point without changing some parameters.

I really think this businessplan for this kind of product doesn't make any sense.

outcast_within:

I really think this businessplan for this kind of product doesn't make any sense.

You mean because of it relying on people who may not be big enough fans to buy the DVD, right?

Tempest Fennac:

outcast_within:

You mean because of it relying on people who may not be big enough fans to buy the DVD, right?

This show wasn't pure genius. It was a funny short every other week or so.
It got a lot of viewers because it featured on a site which had other funny stuff. The product: a funny, not briljant budget short film that released whenever for free on a site you already visited for other reasons.
To extract that show from the main portal, causing it to lose a whole lot of exposure is already not very positive for the number of viewers of the show. But also to rely the continuance of the show on people forking up money for something they previously got for free and on the convenience of this portal.
It's just not very logical.

Poor Eluamous!

Nooooo! Not the end! This series rocked! So dang funny! Now I have no reason to return to this site anymore. Are you going to release all the episodes on DVD? I'd love to get the episodes to watch over and over again, get to download them or something.

i really hope you keep making the series, i cant help but watch the series over and over again while me and my friends play WoW, DnD, or even ping pong.

love the show, just pre ordered 3 copies of the season 1 dvd!!!!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here