MovieBob in Zombieland

MovieBob in Zombieland

Moviebob attends a Zombieland press event, and Woody Harrelson talks about scary movies, Cheers and "The Cameo."

Read Full Article

WOOO! First article! Nice job, Im diggin' it!

It makes me miss being back in Boston.

Keep up the good work!

Very nice article to read. Not only do you make some good videos but your writing is great at telling a story as if I was reading a journal entry.

I do have to ask so are you doing all this freelance work as your career now with The Escapist and Screwattack? If so congratulations Bob.

Pretty interesting article, although i'd hazard to think what would have resulted had you asked your socio-psychological question, I'm pretty confident it wouldn't have been one of their stock responses anyway.

very enjoyable. i am always up for a fun zombie movie :D will try to go and see! thanks movie bob

It does feel weird, doesn't it, knowing that you're normally a middle class guy and suddenly you find yourself in a situation where everything around you is more expensive than your monthly bills. Hotels, private flights on private jets, oases, resorts...thank goodness the venue/group/business is paying, otherwise you'd find yourself several miles away in a normal hotel that you've had to save up for a month for just to make sure nothing got out of order for the weekend. Very unsettling, knowing you don't belong--but damn fun to be there even when you don't.

Very nice article, reads like a novel extract while still being amusing. I'll be crossing my fingers for someone around here forcing you to do more of these!

BehattedWanderer:
It does feel weird, doesn't it, knowing that you're normally a middle class guy and suddenly you find yourself in a situation where everything around you is more expensive than your monthly bills.

Once I was caught meeting a friend at a 5 star hotel (marble floors and gold stair-rails...) and someone asked me if I was a rock musician as I looked so out of place. Had I been quick enough at the time and not said no...

Sounds like a cool experience.

Seems like you appreciate how much other people would want to be in your place, which is good.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Once I was caught meeting a friend at a 5 star hotel (marble floors and gold stair-rails...) and someone asked me if I was a rock musician as I looked so out of place. Had I been quick enough at the time and not said no...

I feel your pain, man. I had chance to ride in a private jet, and this really cute girl stopped me and asked if I was wealthy, and here was me, saying "Oh, no I couldn't afford even a ticket for this, it's a thing for work...". It's a shame, really. The stories we could tell people we never know and more than likely never meet again--sounds like a nice hotel, though.

i really really honestly enjoy your writhing i hope this will be a regular column like the new "xtra punctuation" thing... well the human point of view at the experience of being in the press conference was like being there so when i read the part of "its now my turn" i felt exited and happy for you... anyway congrats and i hope you can get more opportunities like this to build the field reporter XP.

Edit: also the art and the colors of the column is amazing

Good article Bob. I'm loving these after video columns.

Moviebob getting more work? Awesome. Awesome to the max.

Sounds like Woody and I have smmilar views on the undead.

Between this article and MovieBobs review I've been convinced to go see this movie.

BehattedWanderer:

The_root_of_all_evil:

I feel your pain, man. I had chance to ride in a private jet, and this really cute girl stopped me and asked if I was wealthy, and here was me, saying "Oh, no I couldn't afford even a ticket for this, it's a thing for work...". It's a shame, really. The stories we could tell people we never know and more than likely never meet again--sounds like a nice hotel, though.

Arrrg, do not speak of pain and the opposite sex in the same sentence please, it does not rest well with me at this moment.

KingPiccolOwned:

BehattedWanderer:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Arrrg, do not speak of pain and the opposite sex in the same sentence please, it does not rest well with me at this moment.

What? Pain and women?

Mullahgrrl:

KingPiccolOwned:

BehattedWanderer:

The_root_of_all_evil:

What? Pain and women?

Actually never mind that, I am better now.

You were in Boston eh? I went there for my summer holidays, it was pretty damn good.

Please tell me you took the time out to go on a duck tour...

You got to go to a press meet? You should write more about the additional things that happen before and after you see a movie your going to review (all movie related of course). Very nice article, please keep writing them for at least some if not all of your future reviews.

It's harder to be a critiq when you see people you complain about. It's easy to say someone can't act, but not in the face of that certain Fox XD

Heh, indeed, I'm reading Charlie Brooker's latest book, and he says how he tried to avoid being seen by a 'celebrity' he'd been scathing about in his column, but the guy comes over and says 'hi Charlie', and He gets all embarrassed and explains how he didn't mean what he wrote, and then finds out the didn't know, and just wanted to say he'd enjoyed something else Charlie had done. *God please open the ground to swallow me time*

On the topic of Zombieland however, I was already sold by the trailer, but Moviebob sold me a carrycase and the extended warranty too. The icing on the cake was seeing a review in the Daily Mail when visiting my parents which slammed as an awful generic tedious zombie flick with no redeeming features, which is pretty much a guarantee that it will be huge fun.

Their reviewer is like a third rate Oscar judge, fawning over anything 'worthy' and any movie that shows a hint of being enjoyable or fun gets smug derision poured over it from a great height.

I should probably say I really enjoy Bob's reviews too here, as I seem to have slipped off topic just a little.

Hope you get to visit more press meets and write about them!

Nice write-up. But seriously, you need to pick an avatar.

Now I'm not trying to tell you it should be a pic of Dick Tracy.

http://www.michaelmurray.ca/blog/A.%20Warhol,%20Dick%20Tracy.jpg

But your avatar should be a pic of Dick Tracy.

Catering made out of carnival food and Twinkies?! That's simply amazing.

Great article M-Bob.

Sounds like you had a fun time. The catering bit left me smiling for a long time.

Fun telling of what appears to be a fun first big time interview. I appreciate your style and sense of humor Bob.

I had a similar experience the first time I stayed overnight in New York City. The room itself wasn't anything amazing, but the next day at breakfast people were actually serving me, in suits and stuff. The only time I felt more uncomfortable was at the wedding of a girl I liked.

You've got a very interesting writing style, don't you, Bob? I like it. And yeah, I can identify exactly with the surrealness about how normal film stars are. It's a little unsettling.

I was in LA last summer with my church choir, and we had just finished singing for a big food court kind of place. We were sitting down to eat when suddenly this elderly man comes over and says that we sounded great, and can he eat with us? We say sure, and he sits and starts asking about how are we liking choir, how long does it take us to learn a song, and so on. And then, about ten minutes into this conversation, it hits me:

The man at our table is Dick van Dyke.

Burt from Mary Poppins is sitting at our table, talking to us about choir practices. No fanfares, no announcements, no crowd of fans following him around, just this great actor, all by himself.

Fortunately I was able to hold it together for the rest of the meal, then he said good-bye and walked away.

The sheer normality of the man was overwhelming. He hadn't been vain, arrogant, anything. But it was so cool.

Loved the article. Are you from the Boston area or did you fly in for this? I live right outside Boston and love it.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here