Escapist News Network: Lost Leaders

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I like where this is going. Now if they would just stop copying the Colbert Report's "adjective" gag...

LOL. For whatever reason, I rather enjoyed this episode.

Awesome video and reference, his voice isn't deep enough to do it properly though.

Still, I am impressed.

Yay! Matt is making an apearance! I'm awaiting for Jer and Morgan!

For the record, Matt's hair was awesome in this one.

Diablini:

Errrr ... I was already in the first episode ;).

loved it!!!!

How long until the opening theme is downloadable?

Fun stuff! Did not expect to like this as much as I do. But I do!

Really good, the bit with Microsoft and Sony was rather cool. Normally the longer sections are the least enjoyable for me but this weeks was just right

That Baldur's Gate reference caught me completely off guard.
The show was very entertaining, by the way.

The rocket ship made of money bit was great as was Gram talking about his drug trip as the credits rolled. Awesome job once again guys!

I would bitterly curse the narrator each and every time he uttered those words - but even bringing back memories of the most annoying part of Baldur's Gate is appreciated, ha ha!

Quite a funny episode overall.

Jer_LRR:

Diablini:

Errrr ... I was already in the first episode ;).

Wow. Do I have ADD? Sorry if I didn't notice. Also:

Oh my god it's Jer!

DaxStrife:
"You must gather your party before venturing forth." SCREW YOU, GRAHAM! That line was the bane of my existence!

I hear that phrase in my sleep now, and in my dreams I keep seeing my party being unable to venture worth, because the mage decided to go wandering around by himself. Ggraahh!!

...Great episode! I now can has a new favorite show.

This proves it, Every show gets better if it has a Baldur's Gate reference.
I suggest making it mandatory for every show to include one.

More top awesome!

Great writing and delivery.

Do I really need the party though? I've been doing everything solo thus far.

I loved it.

I can now enjoy my Wednesdays with a double shot of ZP and ENN. Excellent job, keep it up!

You must gather your party before venturing forth
LOL

soon the sony's video game department will be a non-profit humantarion department LOL

we will be giving away ps3 for free
"something we're not able to do"

"a rocketship made of money"

Regarding the Video for ENN airing right after ENN:

It's called a post-roll ad, and it's running after all The Escapist's video right now.
ENN happens to be a video, so it gets run afterwards.

Sure it's redundant, but that's how the ad system works. It's all or none.

Also, it's not us doing it. So... yeah :|

The voice on the background... What other series do I know it from?

Thijsterhaar:
The voice on the background... What other series do I know it from?

Wait, he sounds like on of the unskippable guys :O
The anchorman is also from unskippable, or not?

why exactly do they always play an add for Enn after the episode. clearly, we've already heard of it...

"you were buying drugs, weren't you?"

"no, well thats why i saw the skeletons"

hilarious

yes the authors are the same
they also did loading ready run

You were buying drugs weren't you?
No I...that's why I saw the skeletons.

HA! That was great.

I was kinda hoping that this ENN thing would be a real news outlet but they're just making crap up most of the time to make it funny.

That ... was goofy i must say, if your going to do a silly Sony/Microsoft business strategy sketch make it silly and plausible

Blanks:
That ... was goofy i must say, if your going to do a silly Sony/Microsoft business strategy sketch make it silly and plausible

Why?
We think it's funnier if it's wildly implausible.
Can you imagine Microsoft buying PS3s, just to make Sony lose money? That's funny.

Wolcik:
At one moment I was thinking "Why Graham is having more matarial than Kathleen" and the next scene her mic is not working XD

It's not like this is live, that was scripted. I've watched 2 of these and tried to like them. But the before and after commentary is better than the "infotainment news" reports and Graham gets to do all the interviews and talking while Kathleen twiddles her thumbs. I guess I thought this would be a more serious segment and that the male and female gamer viewpoints were going to be equally represented. So, I just don't feel informed or entertained. Love the intro segment though! Back to Yahtzee and Rebecca Muses Musings for me!

GrahamS:

Blanks:

Why?
We think it's funnier if it's wildly implausible.
Can you imagine Microsoft buying PS3s, just to make Sony lose money? That's funny.

First off, you surprised me by replying ...that's too awesome

I definitely misworded my point (happens alot) after watching it again the fact that everyone is pretty serious, it's so casual and made the companies look like there run by idiots (which i guess was the point) which i suppose can be thought as funny but i just didn't think it delivered
I'm not above such humor but maybe portraying Microsoft as really evil with a devilish smirk and maniacal laughter ... and possibly a mustache and a top hat.

but then again that could have not have worked either

Gyrefalcon:
Graham gets to do all the interviews and talking while Kathleen twiddles her thumbs.

I'd like to respond to this, because I think it's really unfair.

In this particular episode, we really did have a recording issue and lost most of Kathleen's material. With no time to fix it, the best we could do was that joke about her mic failing (which was her idea, and she has plans to turn it around next week). Up to now it's been 50/50.

As for me doing "all the interviews", we've done one in total, which happened to be me.
We're only three episodes in and you're making some hefty judgements about who we are and how we operate. Have we somehow drawn a line that says only I will ever conduct interviews?

Gyrefalcon:
I guess I thought this would be a more serious segment

Oh. Well there's your problem.
We're not here to inform you, people are capable of finding their own news.
Our only purpose with ENN is to make people laugh, and if you're criticizing us on our journalistic integrity, you're doing it wrong.

Gyrefalcon:
But the before and after commentary is better than the "infotainment news" reports and Graham gets to do all the interviews and talking while Kathleen twiddles her thumbs.

Graham and Kathleen will typically have equal amounts to say--it's not our intention to have Graham hog the spotlight, or to under-represent the female perspective. There legitimately were some technical hiccups in this episode that forced it to deviate from format a little bit; it should be back to normal next week :).

Blanks:
First off, you surprised me by replying ...that's too awesome

Happy to do so, I like engaging the audience!

I see what you're saying. We're operating on a slightly different wavelength of comedy though. We want to present this as if they are real news stories, with the people acting as much like it's actually happening, as possible.

The (granted, really dry) comedy comes from the idea that a rep from Microsoft would be so casual about buying PS3s as a real business model. He talks about it like it's perfectly feasible, which is nuts, so that's the unexpectedness of the comedy.

The style I guess is: Silly comedy, played straight.
Rather than played silly, which can miss way more than you might think.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64545)