Escapist News Network: Lost Leaders

Pages PREV 1 2 3

.. Thank you Paul, that was.. a story.

Classic

I also am concerned that the alley has a pit trap.

EDIT: I loved the PS3 joke, and we have all these PS3 that we can...*turns head*.. (cut)

I knew i loved ENN for a reason

Hid-Eh-Oh!

Oh THAT'S where I recognize those two from, Unskippable!

Sorry, but everyone knows it is standard practice for alleys behind news studios to have pit traps. The blood Skeletons was a nice addition though.

The Sony and MS buying out each others consoles was great. Maybe Nintendo should just use the rocket ship made of money to buy every xbox and ps3 in existence and eliminate any competition they ever had.

Oh, and I would play Stealth 10 for the John Madden play-by-play.

It's just something about satiric(?) news that is just so lovable.

Hehe "What? This was in the alley behind the studio!"

A wild Matt appears! Knew it wouldn't take long.

So wait, does this mean every member of LoadingReadyRun has officially been in an ENN episode? Nice.

Also, pit traps... Totally standard. You didn't know?

Mr.Squishy:
I'll join the rest of the people and say great Baldur's Gate reference, and generally funny shit

Completely agree that was amazing and the part about nintendo using black magic was just plain awesome.

Interesting, but it doesn't really do anything for me. I'll stick with Hard News, thanks.

This series just keeps on improving, great work

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Warning: Baldur.exe has stopped working and must be shut down.

Seriously, that was my ONLY complaint about that game.

GrahamS:

Blanks:
First off, you surprised me by replying ...that's too awesome

Happy to do so, I like engaging the audience!

I see what you're saying. We're operating on a slightly different wavelength of comedy though. We want to present this as if they are real news stories, with the people acting as much like it's actually happening, as possible.

The (granted, really dry) comedy comes from the idea that a rep from Microsoft would be so casual about buying PS3s as a real business model. He talks about it like it's perfectly feasible, which is nuts, so that's the unexpectedness of the comedy.

The style I guess is: Silly comedy, played straight.
Rather than played silly, which can miss way more than you might think.

Which why this series is so awesome, but I wouldn't put it passed Mircosoft doing it.

"you must gather your party before venturing forth...the hilarious part about this video... i just finished KOTOR before i watched this...

Just to weigh in on the whole "female perspective" for gaming... as a girl, I can say my perspective is, "I like games. But I like making fun of them too."

I don't really write with any sort of agenda in mind. The creative process is more centered on how secretly obscene I can make my jokes.
So I guess I do have an agenda. That agenda is to try and get a reference to pooping into every story.

This is important; do not forget.

I loved Baldur's Gate II, and I now feel great nostalgia.
I am now a fan of LoadingReadyRun, Unskippable, and Escapist News Network, but I can't seem to figure out what they have in common...

Hillarious as always, do escapist do awards for best new videos?
The Rocket ship made of money was beautiful satire, oh and High-5 on the Baldurs gate ref.

Calatar:

This is important; do not forget.

I loved Baldur's Gate II, and I now feel great nostalgia.
I am now a fan of LoadingReadyRun, Unskippable, and Escapist News Network, but I can't seem to figure out what they have in common...

Ooooh nostalgia attack! I'm sad now :(

very good jokes, and gosh you all's hair has never looked more lifelike!

Fondly,

These are great, it's like getting two LRR sketches a week, with one focused on gaming news. Keep it up!

PS- Blood Skeletons are annoying.

First time I've watched one of these episodes - pretty good. Liked the humour in it whilst yet being informative. Sweet.

lol sonys going bankrupt
(I don't want to go in to there back alie)

GrahamS:

Gyrefalcon:
Graham gets to do all the interviews and talking while Kathleen twiddles her thumbs.

I'd like to respond to this, because I think it's really unfair.

In this particular episode, we really did have a recording issue and lost most of Kathleen's material. With no time to fix it, the best we could do was that joke about her mic failing (which was her idea, and she has plans to turn it around next week). Up to now it's been 50/50.

As for me doing "all the interviews", we've done one in total, which happened to be me.
We're only three episodes in and you're making some hefty judgements about who we are and how we operate. Have we somehow drawn a line that says only I will ever conduct interviews?

Gyrefalcon:
I guess I thought this would be a more serious segment

Oh. Well there's your problem.
We're not here to inform you, people are capable of finding their own news.
Our only purpose with ENN is to make people laugh, and if you're criticizing us on our journalistic integrity, you're doing it wrong.

I apologize, I did indeed assume that the mic failure had to be scripted. And I acknowledge that doing a comedy skit with the segment is perfectly valid. It's just not what I expected based off of the ad that is currently played for this piece. I thought it would be news with a humorous twist, which is indeed my mistake and my disappointment does not mean the segment is bad, it's just different than expected.

But I must confess, I DO come to the Escapist for news on the gaming industry. I have found more honest views here than in most gaming magazines or other gaming sites. That this segment isn't meant to be terribly informative is fine. It just looked like it would be.

You guys are hilarious, not to mention logarithmic and vestigial. I'm a big fan.

Interesting, Very interesting! So Blood Skeletons, what did you end up doing?

-M

I love the "random fourth adjective" thing in the opening. Plus, as Unskippable shows, the ReadyEnterRun guys always do great comedy.

By the way. Sony has nearly twice as much money (total assets) as Microsoft, so it would have to lose two thirds of the cost on each console it sells for Microsoft's strategy to make sense. ^_^

Fantastic! Loved all the stabs at Modern Warfare and the console wars. Space ship made of money, haha classic. Gotta love it, even though her mic broke half way through!

Most excellent, love the deadpan humor, very well executed.

Anybody who's played Baldur's Gate and can make videos this funny is no man/lady/group of people, they/her/him are a god.

Thank you for the shout out to BG.

Everything is made better with Baldur's Gate. This is fact.

I loved the turn-around in the next episode. Without that I would have felt a little bad about watching this show. Also, congrats on getting two shows on the Escapist!

HUBILUB:
Don't really enjoy this show that much. Not sure why, I just don't.

You sir, are insane. :]

Loved the episode.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook