Unskippable: Viking

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I pulled a 0_0 face when I recognised the narrator XD

I thought at first it was Patrick Stewart. And why not, he does so much stuff.

Also...Gods have a real knack for enslaving humans and making it sound like it was their choice all along.

Wow, they can't even get vikings right. And that isn't a rare Norwegian elephant, that's a rare Swedish spikebear!
Hilarious as always.

You guys sound different. Did you get new hardware?

I loved this game, but after watching this, it made me realize how cheesy the story is.

"Couldn't you have done that before all my friends died?"

Very true.

Dahemo:

How very dare you! That is Brian Blessed, he of the booming tones, king of the Hawkmen, inspector of cannons and of course, ardent rambler. For shame...

i wouldn't like to go rambling with him near any tall cliff faces

he's a little like stephen fry, except louder and less learned. and has a beard. and it bigger
not really like him at all
still they're both just spiffing

Maybe I didn't get some of the jokes but this one was just "Meh" to me but maybe that's because I haven't played the game and therefore have no connection to it.

Thomas-101:
"Hey, leave my mom out of this" *Cramps up with laughter*
Fantastic work yet again.

I loved that line too.

And the whole "Line?" bit at the end was great.

Best in awhile. Keep it up!

Rare norwegian elephant ftw!

I bene trying for ages to watch this but my broswer was being dumb. Finnaly got it working! Bit short but fun, loves the "Im on a boat" quote.

The begining was kinda boring but became great after the game scene started.

I see 2 best parts today:
"HA! This IS a videogame. You own me 5 dollars."
"Damnit!"

and

"Hadouken!"

"Hey! Leave my mom out of this!"

:)

Oh and I hate games like these. That are kind of about mythology but not quite. Like someone read a book, stopped halfway and decided to make a movie out of it.

Kind of like Marvel has done since the 60s -.-

...Hadouken!
Well done guys :)

Though, from that intro, I really didn't get the idea behind the game... Oh well.

JRCB:
"Just stand there and look muscle-y."

Once again, awesome job. Happy Thanksgiving!

Abedeus:
Two zings in a row?

Restraining order for embracing hope and adamantium being stronger than hope? ;d

Good one.

I liked those the best too XD

"so my options are save my family and my homeland... and the world or die?"

funny as always but as i watched i started to feel opening are geting old... they need to do some endings...

Strange how almost everytime they do a game about Vikings the plot is the same like in Rune

That is, if anyone still remembers that game.

You brought the raisins and brown sugar to my boring old oatmeal guys, keep it up!

An awesome episode like always! Keep up your good work! :)

The Infamous Scamola:
What?! How dare you insinuate that the great Brian Blessed is trying to imitate Ian McKellen.

I bite mine thumb at ye, sirs.

BRIAN BLESSED!!

"umm...line"

LOL, great episode guys. Never heard of this game before. but the "buns" on that goddess chick were nuts.

The Infamous Scamola:
What?! How dare you insinuate that the great Brian Blessed is trying to imitate Ian McKellen.

Ninja'd. Also a good Unskippable episode

yellag:
you can't mock a game with Brian Blessed narrating it :D

You can mock a game with Brian Blessed narrating it, you just can't mock Brian Blessed!

you know, for awhile I thought the narrator was actually Graham reading the subtitles with a silly old-english-like accent xD

then I realized the game was intended to be that way, and, well, it's just hard to take a game seriously when the narrator is trying to sound all "epic"

good one guys--but I still think Ace Combat 6 was the funniest one you did :D

Hey, that's my favorite game - Viking: Battle for Asgard) BTW this cutscene makes much more sence if you know that Freya (goddess) is a bitch. But you can't be aware because it's the opening. So cutscene makes no sense. Still - a very enjoyable game.

"This turn of events fills me with a profound sense of indifference."

I noticed this while I played through the game as well. Got many laughs out of me for pointing it out.

Woah. Guys, guys...
Brian Blessed is awesome, we're not disparaging that. But he sounds like he's doing an impression during the intro, sorry.

Thomas-101:
"Hey, leave my mom out of this" *Cramps up with laughter*
Fantastic work yet again.

This. Epic Episode!

You guys are just getting better and better. This was great!

Gordons Alive!

Something is wrong. This is the only episode of Unskippable that hasn't made me laugh atleast once.........

My main grudge with this game when I first saw the cover art the fact that the main character did not have a massive beard nor cool messy and/or long braided hair and yet,the game was called "Viking"
"VIKING"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now after seeing the intro,the guy gets chosen by Freya godess of love and sexuality among other stuff,no Thor,Odin,Balder or any other fighting/war inclined deity.

It's like getting into the UFC being backed by Discovery kids and having decals of Barney in your shorts...

Patroclus:
then I realized the game was intended to be that way, and, well, it's just hard to take a game seriously when the narrator is trying to sound all "epic"

No no, that's just how BRIAN BLESSED talks.
And it is awesome.

Wait,

wait, wait wait,

wait.

What's step 2?

The Infamous Scamola:

I KNOW. I'm not even done watching yet. I've paused it at that comment to check here if anyone else spotted that atrocity!

Poor show, gents

"Hadouken!!"

Made me laugh, good going.

Now for the really important part! YAY, they mentioned Norway! Woohooo!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here