Unskippable: Viking

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Damn it thanks to you guys i now have to add a rare norwegian elephant to things i want but cant have.
And i know its been said already many times but BRIAN BLESSED DOES NOT IMITATE ANYONE
(sorry for the caps but for the last part there i think i was channeling his voice)

Just like to point out the narrator isn't trying to be Ian Mackellin, he's Brian Blessed a true Brit who just happens to sound like that.

What the Hel (keeping with the theme) guys! How could you not recognise Brian Blessed! He's a legend in his own right, the loudest man on the planet who climbs Everest for fun!

That Prince of Persia reference about the fertile ground is arguably the best thing I have ever heard on this series...just thought I'd mention that.

"No no, it's Hel with one L. H E single hockey stick." I haven't heard that expression in years. Well, the more well-known "double hockey stick" one, but still.

Nice work with what you had, considering half of this opening wasn't really all that animated. I wonder if they really did run out of money for it or something.

Some funny stuff here. I particularly liked the (new) Prince of Persia reference, the "profound sense of indifference" and the "line? Line? Etc." bit at the end.

I originally thought that Patrick Stewart was narrating this. Then about midway through I thought it was Ian McKellan. Then I finally guessed it was BRIAN FUCKMOTHERING BLESSED and I facepalmed.

Shows how well I can pick out a famous British voice. =p

Loop Stricken:

The Infamous Scamola:
What?! How dare you insinuate that the great Brian Blessed is trying to imitate Ian McKellen.

I bite mine thumb at ye, sirs.

BRIAN BLESSED!!

There is no text LARGE ENOUGH or BOLD ENOUGH to properly convey the LOUDNESS with which BRIAN BLESSED'S NAME MUST BE SPOKEN!!!

ObnoxiousPotatoe:
You guys sound different. Did you get new hardware?

I had to check my sounds settings to see if any effects were enabled because they did sound different

Sounds like they changed their setup

The Infamous Scamola:
What?! How dare you insinuate that the great Brian Blessed is trying to imitate Ian McKellen.

Indeed! How can they not recognise the awesome voice of Brian Blessed!

"Hawkmen Dive!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnTHypbLlkE

I liked the reference to "I'm on a boat", but it would've been better if you had actually sung.
"Step 1: Take off your pants"
"Why is that always step 1?"
Also, Haudouken FTW

Ah that was a good one guys, so many good jokes in this one.

BBQ Platypus:

There is no text LARGE ENOUGH or BOLD ENOUGH to properly convey the LOUDNESS with which BRIAN BLESSED'S NAME MUST BE SPOKEN!!!

For all your Brian Blessed needs. Use with caution.

Loop Stricken:

Patroclus:
then I realized the game was intended to be that way, and, well, it's just hard to take a game seriously when the narrator is trying to sound all "epic"

No no, that's just how BRIAN BLESSED talks.
And it is awesome.

?__?
I'm probably going to regret saying this, but I'm gonna have to wiki brian blessed. I honestly don't know who he is.

lovely stuff, have you guys cloned yourselves? cause your putting out quite a bite of product, all of very high qualities!

Fondly,
( user somewhat miffed that he has yet to be on probation, and wonders if his self belief in personal bad assed ness is somewhat off the mark )

Nice Prince of Persia reference :D

"Step One: Take off your pants.
Why is that always step one?"

Haha. And of course "Hadouken!" That made me giggle. Good job guys. :D

"Hadouken"

"I'm on a boat"
"don't you ever forget"
LOL

"she just cleanse the fertile ground"

Reference to 2008 Prince of Persia game. I love that game

Apone:

The Infamous Scamola:

Indeed! How can they not recognise the awesome voice of Brian Blessed!

"Hawkmen Dive!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnTHypbLlkE

I was wondering what that FamilyGuy joke with the Hawkmen was from.

Didn't you know? Taking off your pants is always step one!

Good job guys, but you've made better. Looking forward to the next installment though.

paulgruberman:

BBQ Platypus:

For all your Brian Blessed needs. Use with caution.

That's better, but STILL NOT LOUD ENOUGH!!! Only BRIAN BLESSED can properly convey the essence of BRIAN BLESSED!!!

whaleswiththumbs:
The Rare Norwegian Elephant, never heard of it. TO GOOGLE!

Hunted to extinction for their prized decorative tusks no doubt :(

"This event fills me with a profound indifference."

Hahahaha, that one's going down in the books.

Probably should have invested in facial animations...

Trust me, I won't ever forget that I'm on a boat. With my nautical-themed Bermuda Afghan. And T-Pain.

You know what? If I ever meet Brian Blessed, I'll apologize to him, all right?

With all the "darkness" references in the cinematic, I wondered if there would be a "and this was the xth time I died" reference, but it never came.

Good episode though :)

Big mistake guys..here off the coast of Europe we take our national treasures seriously and no matter what creed, colour or donomination at least one thing unites us all....
We love Brian Blessed!!! (though in a platonic, have a pint down the pub way for the most part), i wonder what Yahtzee thinks of this outrage???

DeathWyrmNexus:

Stabby Joe:

Waffledragon33:
great job guys

Can I assume you have a stop watch that can stop time?

Anyway I really enjoyed this game, one of the few that had decent large scale battles. Think Dynasty Warriors but better, for one up to four enemies alone could kill you so it was more realistic! These graphic novel cut scenes are good enough but giving the subject matter (large scale Norse mythology battles) there could have been some truly epic cinematics on display!

"So what your saying is before this, all vikings were peaceful and not remotely war like?" Good point haha!

I might have to check it out then, since I am a fan of Koei's overly repetitive flogging of the franchise.

And this was funny, not hilarious but I'm tired so perhaps the flaw is myself rather than the video.

That's the thing though, most of the time you're actually doing missions around islands, infiltrating fortresses and slowly regaining control of each island. Each island has a couple of giant fortresses that when besieged make up the VERY large scale battles, being the obvious highlight.

Haha Brian Blessed!

Stabby Joe:

DeathWyrmNexus:

Stabby Joe:

Waffledragon33:
great job guys

Can I assume you have a stop watch that can stop time?

Anyway I really enjoyed this game, one of the few that had decent large scale battles. Think Dynasty Warriors but better, for one up to four enemies alone could kill you so it was more realistic! These graphic novel cut scenes are good enough but giving the subject matter (large scale Norse mythology battles) there could have been some truly epic cinematics on display!

"So what your saying is before this, all vikings were peaceful and not remotely war like?" Good point haha!

I might have to check it out then, since I am a fan of Koei's overly repetitive flogging of the franchise.

And this was funny, not hilarious but I'm tired so perhaps the flaw is myself rather than the video.

That's the thing though, most of the time you're actually doing missions around islands, infiltrating fortresses and slowly regaining control of each island. Each island has a couple of giant fortresses that when besieged make up the VERY large scale battles, being the obvious highlight.

Hmmm, I was rather fond of the DW games that had the fortress aspect that you had to overcome so this just intrigues me more. However, I might be posting a thread about fixing game series.

Oh man, the Hadouken bit had me laughing quite a bit.

"I once tried to embrace hope, but now its put a restraining order on me."

Definitely a line I'm going to throw back at all those optimistic people infesting the world.

Great episode!

10/10 for Lonely Island reference.

The Infamous Scamola:

damn strait, these stupid americans not knowing who Brian Blessed is, tis disgraceful! you turkish pigs! he sounds nothin like Ian McKellen

hehe Haduken!

I thought the best line had to be the mother joke at the beginning. Done well, they never get old.

I cnat decide if the voiceover reminds me of Ian mackellan or Patrick Steward

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or