Unskippable: Viking

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

this was funny no dout about it but I have never herd of that game

ITS fucking Brian Blessed, next time don't fuck it up

Disco110:
damn strait, these stupid americans not knowing who Brian Blessed is

We're Canadian, and we know who he is, we just chose not to make that joke.
Clearly it would have been the obvious joke, since everyone is shitting themselves over it.

DeathWyrmNexus:

Stabby Joe:

DeathWyrmNexus:

Stabby Joe:

Waffledragon33:
great job guys

Can I assume you have a stop watch that can stop time?

Anyway I really enjoyed this game, one of the few that had decent large scale battles. Think Dynasty Warriors but better, for one up to four enemies alone could kill you so it was more realistic! These graphic novel cut scenes are good enough but giving the subject matter (large scale Norse mythology battles) there could have been some truly epic cinematics on display!

"So what your saying is before this, all vikings were peaceful and not remotely war like?" Good point haha!

I might have to check it out then, since I am a fan of Koei's overly repetitive flogging of the franchise.

And this was funny, not hilarious but I'm tired so perhaps the flaw is myself rather than the video.

That's the thing though, most of the time you're actually doing missions around islands, infiltrating fortresses and slowly regaining control of each island. Each island has a couple of giant fortresses that when besieged make up the VERY large scale battles, being the obvious highlight.

Hmmm, I was rather fond of the DW games that had the fortress aspect that you had to overcome so this just intrigues me more. However, I might be posting a thread about fixing game series.

Basically when you start to a battle you have to seek and destroy enemy shamans, warlords or giants to advance to the next phase of battle like scaling walls, breaking through gates or storming the courtyard etc. The only connection to DW is theres a lot of enemies really.

Yeah, I may be one of these stupid Americans mentioned above. But at least I have enough of a grasp on the language of English to realize that this person has spelled straight wrong.

I had to go look up Brian Blessed. And realized that he's from one of my favorite shows, Black Adder; I just didn't know his name.

Plus, I hate how I'm always lumped in with the entirety of my country as being stupid for not knowing much of pop culture outside of my country. Hell, I don't even have a telly and am completely lost as to my own country's pop culture. But at least I try to find out when I don't know something. I don't just blow you up because I don't get your ways.

GrahamS:

Disco110:
damn strait, these stupid americans not knowing who Brian Blessed is

We're Canadian, and we know who he is, we just chose not to make that joke.
Clearly it would have been the obvious joke, since everyone is shitting themselves over it.

Brian Blessed is serious business. I don't think anywhere near as many people would have minded if you'd made a joke at Ian McKellen's expense.

Oh, and if you do apologise to Brian, do it from a distance. I dread to think of the damage his voice could do up front.

It sounds a lot like Brian Blessed... XD

IM BRIAN BLESSED HEHEHE

'Hadouken!'

That totally caught me off guard. Was not expecting that at all, and I laughed quite a bit.

Well Done, guys, well done.

The One....The ONLY.....Brian Blessed!!

Do people honestly laugh at these videos?

Somethingfake:

yellag:
you can't mock a game with Brian Blessed narrating it :D

You can mock a game with Brian Blessed narrating it, you just can't mock Brian Blessed!

Touche...

not the best episode :(

Ah the old hadouken joke...

But still no "and that was the [insert relevant number]th time I died"? D:

Ah well, epic however.

quite a nice game, I suggest a rental for those who like the run around in 3rd person and command units around you hack and slash.

Also when will Americans stop portraying Hel as a realm of evil? all Hel is is the death realm for those who didn┤t die in combat, so stop trying to connected it with the Christian Hell

I've always wondered why Tor gets his name spelled with an H in english. :/

GrahamS:
You know what? If I ever meet Brian Blessed, I'll apologize to him, all right?

Sorry, forgot to say how awesome this episode was. And that not being from England you might not instantly know who BB was.

He's like a mad funny uncle to everyone over here. You all know him, and he makes you laugh and slightly uncomfortable at the same time.

I swear that's Brian Blessed (:P) doing the voice over at he beginning under Graham and Paul's gigglegasmic snippits.

Also I think the developers forgot to animate the characters face >D that or early Botox was not a success.

That and nobody made one nice buns joke. I'm so dissapointed :( ;)

You know, why IS that always step one?

There should be a study.

Jesus Christ. It's incredible how much crap you guys throw at people for either not knowing who Brian Blessed or Stephen Fry is.

Edit: Not that I'm defending Graham and Paul, I'm just annoyed that the comments for this one somehow became four pages consisting of little else than people shouting BRIAN BLESSED, and either acting offended or genuinely being offended at a joke.

SultanP:
I'm just annoyed that the comments for this one somehow became four pages consisting of little else than people shouting BRIAN BLESSED, and either acting offended or genuinely being offended at a joke.

That's why I was getting so snippy earlier in the thread.
I know you weren't defending us, but thanks all the same for saying what I was also thinking.

To them, I put forward the argument that regardless of who the narrator is (and how rad that person may be), he still sounds like Ian McKellan during that section of voiceover.

And furthermore, Brian Blessed is known for (as has been made abundantly clear in this thread) his Booming Voice of the Ages[TM], which, and I can't stress this enough, he is not using while narrating this scene.
So... why are you all so offended again?

The first gag kept me laughing enough for the entire video, not to mention all the others.

You know, I can easily excuse not joking about Brian Blessed, but why the fuck is it always the forces of Hel? Seriously, they're a neutral party in the whole Ăsir/Vanir/J÷tnar political mess.

Kuliani:
"Apparently we're on a boat."
"Don't you ever forget."

El Oh El :)

Classic.

YourAverageJoe:
You know, I can easily excuse not joking about Brian Blessed, but why the fuck is it always the forces of Hel? Seriously, they're a neutral party in the whole Ăsir/Vanir/J÷tnar political mess.

Same reason that it's always Nazis: it's easier than researching and explaining mythology that's less well-known, or coming up with brand new ideas. Game developers have a tendency to give the bad guys, their organisations and their countries obviously evil names, even if it doesn't make sense in the context of the game. In this case they probably just said "Clearly, the bad guys have to come from Hel; that's why it's called Hel, right?" and ignored the actual mythology.

I was wondering; what's the line about "meeting them at the ??? gates, where their numbers would mean nothing" a reference to?

Damn!. The mystery behind my username is uncovered!

OT: Nicely done guys, got several laughs out of me.

Nerf Ninja:

The Infamous Scamola:
What?! How dare you insinuate that the great Brian Blessed is trying to imitate Ian McKellen.

I bite mine thumb at ye, sirs.

I was just about to say that exact thing! apart from the thumb biting bit, that's just weird.

Add me to that, I'm very near speechless (not the thumb biting though)
Edit - people may be miffed cos Brian Blessed is 15 kinds of 'more awesome', than Ian McKellan ;-) and one of England's most beloved actors.
I guess it would be like saying that Elvis Presley was impersonating Cliff Richards :P
Just an educated guess there of course.

Us Norwegians secretly breed animals to have horns like that, (even the owls) and release them into the wild to improve our hunting. Also, that guy wasn't near muscle-y enough for a Norwegian. And Skalir isn't even a name!

Also, Freya's hair is supposed to be red.

First time I watched this was before I'd played Prince of Persia. Having since played it and now re-watching this video, the "she just cleansed the fertile ground" quip sent me reeling. Awesome. XD

That was truly hilarious! "You could of done that before all of my friends died!" Haha! and like so much of it was seriously off... I didn't really get it. I mean, I understood it but your guy's comments were the best chosen for this type of Intro! Well done!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here