Review: Brutal Legend

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Review: Brutal Legend

Brutal Legend is f*&#ing metal. (That's a good thing.)

Read Full Article

Temptation, oh temptation. I must confess, half my fun in playing this game would undoubtedly come from giving off Farking Brutal growls at every available opportunity. Think Dinosaurs That Shoot Lasers Whey They Roar without the wheeze. Taking the royal piss out of it would help.

Any more recognisable faces apart from Jack Black and Ozzy?

HAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA THE GAG AT THE END xD

I can't wait to get this. I'm seriously fidgiting around all excited-like in anticipation.

Rock on! I've got this on pre-order, so when the insane shipping departments of Europe decide to release this ROCKING-game (i.e. Friday) to the UK, I'll have it...

I mean, ROCKING WITH IT!

Great Review. Not too interested in this myself but some of my metal friends must be messing themselves and missing class as I speak. They've waited a LONG time for this.

For whatever reason, I had a dream that Brutal Legend was a hugely successful MMORPG.

Good review.
Can't wait for the game to come out in Ireland. :D

Eagi:

I know some of the people that show up in the game but they might be a spoiler to the game.

Welcome to the Escapist. :)

Russ scares me...

Also, can't wait for Friday now... *Head asplodes in excitement*.

Eagi:

Lemmy is the main character to me.

Labyrinth:
Think Dinosaurs That Shoot Lasers Whey They Roar without the wheeze. Taking the royal piss out of it would help.

Love your metal avatar!

Would it be a spoiler if I were to divulge whether or not there are creatures in this game that shoot lasers from their eyes?

WWWWWOOOO, I just got an email from my pre-order place - they've dispatched Brutal Legend - should be here either tomorrow or Thursday. ROCK ON!

After that, Dragon Age is next on my hit-list.

He attacks Goths? Pah, Metal is Allied to the Goth versus The EMO!

Cracking game/review though, but as there's no PC version... :(

It really upsets me that this isn't coming out for PC. After all, I'm one of many that have supported him on the platform from Monkey Island to Grim Fandango and Psychonauts. Thanks Tim.

Hey Russ the guys back at Gamestop would really like to have a talk with you about a register and some plastic guitars. Turns out they didn't find it as funny as you would did. I also misread and used their plastic guitars. I just figured I'd direct em your way since it was your idea. Good luck with that and METAL!

Seriously though, great review and I can't wait to dive into this game.

Terramax:
It really upsets me that this isn't coming out for PC. After all, I'm one of many that have supported him on the platform from Monkey Island to Grim Fandango and Psychonauts. Thanks Tim.

To be honest, the 'Many' part is bullshit - we aren't many, or Pyschonauts wouldn't have bombed. Hopefully though, Brutal Legend will do verrrrry well. And be ported to PC. But for now, I'm content with my XBox copy.

I cannot wait to get a hold of this game!! F4cking right!!!

Can't wait for X-Play tonight.

Definitely getting this one today. As a long-time Schafer fan and a devoted (some might say rabid) metalhead for the past three decades, it looks like a near-perfect fit for my tastes (or lack thereof).

Now of course comes the obvious question...given that:

1.) He enjoyed Psychonauts
2.) His column's "theme song" would seem to indicate he does not loathe heavy metal
3.) The game is apparently already available in Australia

...what will Yahtzee have to say about it?

Russ Pitts:

Is that why the Escapist's date is now "Rocktober"? :)

I see what you did there.

Trifixion:
Definitely getting this one today. As a long-time Schafer fan and a devoted (some might say rabid) metalhead for the past three decades, it looks like a near-perfect fit for my tastes (or lack thereof).

Now of course comes the obvious question...given that:

1.) He enjoyed Psychonauts
2.) His column's "theme song" would seem to indicate he does not loathe heavy metal
3.) The game is apparently already available in Australia

...what will Yahtzee have to say about it?

I believe Yahtzee will, in actual fact, attempt to have (painful) sex with the game. And then be given a court order of some sort.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Russ Pitts:

Oh sweet tap-dancing jesus, I hadn't noticed. BUT ITS AWESOME!

Any idea how long it's to last? This game looks amazing but I don't want another six hour game that lasts me two days. Although it does have collectables and multiplayer.

Ahhhhhhhh screw it, I'm buying it. I'll probably play through it multiple times anyway.

BaldursBananaSoap:
Any idea how long it's to last? This game looks amazing but I don't want another six hour game that lasts me two days. Although it does have collectables and multiplayer.

Ahhhhhhhh screw it, I'm buying it. I'll probably play through it multiple times anyway.

Well, the map looked fairly big...

I guess it depends if you go straight through the game, or explore the world any.

Wow, good thing I've already preordered this game. Got to hurry and get Platinum in Uncharted 2 before it arrives. Metal world will have me spend there more time, than in any other open world game)

Ah well, guess I've got nothing to do than wait for the EU shipping date to come and go.
Also I've just noticed all the Rocktober dates. Clever.

Dear God, for this gift from above I thank you. I was so afraid this'd turn out like Psychonauts, a great game that didn't get noticed much, or that it'd turn out to be not as good as I'd thought, but I am so pleased to learn it turned out great. I'm renting this game as soon as humanly possible. And I'm not really even a metal fan!

Why do you taunt me?! I need it now, NOW I SAY! Here's to hoping it arrives earlier than the 16th release date. Also, I'm so trying to play this with a guitar controller, which why it'd be cool for it to come out on the PC, because you could use xpadder to play it with a guitar.

This review re-enforces my desire to buy this game. I have to wait 2 more weeks before I can do it though. Damn bills had to be paid first.... I hate being responsible sometimes...

The_root_of_all_evil:

Russ Pitts:

He missed one, you know. Look at the News tab.

EDIT: Never mind. It's changed now.

OT: This sucks, man. All that metal awesomeness, yet I don't have a system to play it on. I don't have the cash to get the system, either.

Awesome, so f'n awesome. Getting it tonight, and I can't wait. Nice review, love the vo at the end. XD

One critic comment on the review...do you folks ever touch on sound design? I understand with this game in particular one would be more likely to be caught up in the music (which I'm always happy to hear about as well) and enjoying the good vocals (for once). But most reviews here never bother mentioning the finer details of games like sfx, level design and other artsy things.

I can see how this can be very cool if someone would like to see fit Jack Black XD A lots of stuff here, and so I'd like to know Yathzee's point of view about this. The game sounds interesting enough :)

can't wait to play this later...got the limited edition Record case for it...awesome

BaldursBananaSoap:

At the time of writing I had played for 9 hours and was just over 50% complete. I dilly dally a lot though, so the game's story is probably about 12-15 hours long. I will most likely get 20+ hours out of it. Not bad.

Russ Pitts:

BaldursBananaSoap:

At the time of writing I had played for 9 hours and was just over 50% complete. I dilly dally a lot though, so the game's story is probably about 12-15 hours long. I will most likely get 20+ hours out of it. Not bad.

Kinda like Fallout 3 then. My friend was done in a day or so he just ran from point A to point B. I used like 2 weeks I think, exploring, finding awesome loot and quests. For me it was point A interchange with point X then to point Q and so on.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here