Review: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Pages PREV 1 2 3

iamq:

RAND00M:

Eagle Est1986:
Uncharted movie

An Uncharted movie has been in the works since the first game.And it has the same cast that plays the characters.

OT:Canīt wait to get this game.Just finished the first one 2 days ago.

Do you have a source?

It was in a unlockable video in the original game.

RAND00M:

iamq:

RAND00M:

Eagle Est1986:
Uncharted movie

An Uncharted movie has been in the works since the first game.And it has the same cast that plays the characters.

OT:Canīt wait to get this game.Just finished the first one 2 days ago.

Do you have a source?

It was in a unlockable video in the original game.

Which one? I've got the first game, and I've unlocked every video. Can't remember them saying anything about the movie.

iamq:
Snippy.

Canīt remember which one.

I love the story and the multiplayer is very well done, it fuses jumping, climbing, taking cover, blind firing, and stealth all into one. People may say its a copycat of many other games but its the first GOOD one.

Susan Arendt:

So I'm not the only person who hated that museum level? Ok, cool, good to know. Drove me nuts.

And given that Nathan Drake's personality is based largely on Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Fillion seems like the obvious choice for the film. And if they want to cast the magnificent Claudia Black as Chloe, that's fine by me, too.

You are most definitely not the only person who loathed that stealth section ;-) I started to get worried during that level, I really did! And yes, an Uncharted film with Nathan Fillion and Claudia Black would be, as they say on the interwebs, made of win =)

I think my favourite part of the game (aside from the stunning visuals, superb cutscenes and pure fun of picking up a downed enemy's gatling gun and hosing the nearby enemies down with bullets, then swapping it for a Dragon Sniper and delicately picking off the stragglers) would have to be the charmingly intuitive and endearing comments that Drake spontaneoulsy makes. In particular I'm thinking of a point halfway through the monastery level where, when faced with a bunch more climbing to do, Drake said: 'I'm so sick of climbing shit!'

Why must it be PS3 exclusive? The fact that none of my friends own PS3's means I can't play a game on it for more than three days at a time without them complaining about how I'm not online!

hansari:

Shinoki:
Clearly you haven't played the game, nor watched the Indy flicks closely enough. Drake actually DOESN'T like guns, comes up during the museum level (but its weird since he then uses them without a peep for the rest of the game to mow down entire legions of enemies), but depending on your play style fisticuffs come in quite a bit. Also Indy uses guns too. Watch Raiders of the lost arc again, when he is Cairo he shoots a half dozen guys, including the dual sword wielding guy in the crowd scene.

Of course there are gonna be some incidents when the rules change. What I was speaking of though was in general. Indiana Jones uses his firearm at times, but those few moments are typically overshadowed by how he handles situations in the rest of the movie.

Ex. I don't remember him spraying those guys. I'm sure it happened in Raider of the Lost Ark, but I can't recall it over the chase scenes, the interception of the Ark transport, the tiny uniform in nazi sub, and fisticuffs under airplane.

If it happened more often though, I would probably remember it like the dualsword gunshot (which was comical)

As for Drake, I admit I've never played the game firsthand. But all the gameplay I've seen suggests shooting is a normal routine. (Its about gameplay choice like you said, but a lot of scenes make shooting the more reasonable conclusion)

i must say, there is something you seem to be overlooking.

this is a game. Indiana Jones is a series of movies. there is a certain standard of gameplay youve gotta look for. and there wouldn't be very much gameplay if, at every conflict Nate just talked/charmed/outsmarted his way out of it.

people want to do stuff in a game. if they don't, they should wait for a movie.

Sparrow:
Damnit.

I litterally am the only person who doesn't like this game. It's pretty though, I'll give it that.

I agree overrated tat.

Lol, at the credits of the video supplement when she was punching a corpse repeatedly, whilst Nate was nearly dead and people were STILL SHOOTING at Nate. Even experienced gamers are allowed to have their nooby moments, anyways I played the multiplayer beta, jizzed a little, watched various trailers & reviews, jizzed s'more, now I'm saving up for the game....and changing my pants. If all goes to plan I should have it next week.

Susan Arendt:
snip

I had to prove to you that I did read and watched your review. I'll be buying this game. You win. A tip of the hat to you, Susan, you win this round.

looks good only if i could get a ps3

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or