Unskippable: Too Human

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Best episode in a while. Really funny. So funny in fact that I've bothered to post a comment on a video thread, which is totally pointless.
Nevertheless, if I had a cookie, I would give it to you two. Alas, I don't. I'm sorry.

I don't know what's more depressing... that the robot seems to have the most retarded AI ever conceived (it actually makes stormtroopers seem brilliantly efficient) or that Baldur spent most of the time attacking it with the most limp dicked weapons I've ever seen (pew pew pew) when he actually had a sword that could cut clear through it... Hell, even that swing was limp...

Do you think whoever made that cut-scene planned to make the protagonist look like an ineffectual idiot? If so, then they admirably succeeded.

When I played Too Human I was seriously sitting there watching that cutscene going "Okay so when those dudes in the bar said Aesirs don't give a shit about the commonfolk they were completely right?"

Nothing's worse than a bad choreographed scene the developer thinks looks good.

man, now I want to play Link to the Past just for that one battle

I clutched my Mjölnir hard during this video, to make sure it never found out that such a thing existed.
I did laugh a lot. Those firearms were so pathetic. They look like pistols, fire automatically, and hardly make any noise. They may as well be light guns for how bad they seem.
The sword, however... drool.

The momment I saw the crow.
I knew it was gonna be a russel joke.
XDD

How sad that in the future, guns won't even dent metal while a rusty swords can chop a metal arm in half.

All of the blind-date jokes were the best.

"YOUR my blind date?! Steve is so dead, a little extra weight my ass"

I'm not going on eny blind dates eny time soon

Really good episode. What's with games that don't let you play battles like that? Uh-oh, I'm starting to have horrible MGS4 flashbacks.

dalek sec:
I too wonder what the hell that thing was.

"You're my blind date? Oh Steve is so dead, 'She carries a little extra weight my ass!'"

that was GRENDEL-01, the first boss you face in Too Human. also, that was my favorite line. next is the warranty joke.

Am I the only one who sees that Baldur's swordplay there was totally lifted from Advent Children?

I'm normally quite receptive of cutscenes but...this one was a bit painful to watch =/

Mattteus:
man, now I want to play Link to the Past just for that one battle

That's my favourite game. They said Agahnim, I think. It's your standard "deflect boss' power back at him" battle. Kind of like the Ganondorf fights in Ocarina of Time.

Most disappointing diety EVAR. Were those guns supposed to impress anyone? Might as well have been using Airsoft. Their attempt at a badass slow-motion effect when he reloaded the guns also failed utterly, making it look like Baldur was just really really slow for no reason.

And did I mention those guns sucked? IN A CUTSCENE. They can't even make the weapons look cool in a cuscene, and we're supposed to be impressed enough to buy the game. Right.

"Boy. What a badass you are there, Baldur. You made the big creature go and sulk."

"Ah. Yeah. Just, uh, just send the bill for that to Asgard, um, c/o The Aesir. Yeah. We'll cover that."

A perfectly hilarious end to a hilarious Unskippable. And seriously, those guns sucked. But hey, he had to look like he was helpless before he pulled out his acrobatics. It's a Rule of Cool.

Wow. No fault of your own (the commentary was quite funny) but that was just one of the most boring cutscenes I've ever seen in my life.

No credits joke? I'm confused. The show's called "Unskippable," yet something was skipped. You're threatening my fragile world view!

Regardless, awesome episode as always.

Lack of credit joke was totally my fault.
It'll be there tomorrow!

Sorry all.

Zapperdude:
Too all you non-norwegians here (too bad for you :p) the bar fights in norway really are that bad...

Dude, the Vikings were your ancestors. You MUST honor their names by fighting. Even each another.

Also, great episode. Makes the game look fun, you know...

gamegod25:

ssgt splatter:
For some reason, that whole fight reminds me of Grendel vs. Beowulf.

Still, good video.

if i remember correctly (though ive done my best to remove any memory of this game) its actually called grendel.

The fact that it charges into a bar (or a meadhall, for you Vikings), killed nearly everyone, and fled after it got its arm removed by the hero are all (obvious) references to the battle between Beowulf and Grendel.

Snowpact:

gamegod25:

ssgt splatter:
For some reason, that whole fight reminds me of Grendel vs. Beowulf.

Still, good video.

if i remember correctly (though ive done my best to remove any memory of this game) its actually called grendel.

The fact that it charges into a bar (or a meadhall, for you Vikings), killed nearly everyone, and fled after it got its arm removed by the hero are all (obvious) references to the battle between Beowulf and Grendel.

The hell? Beowulf was Saxon not viking, so what's the Grendel doing there anyway? It's not as if Norse mythology is short on badass monsters.

Boy, Russell the crow sure gets around, doesn't he?

"Wow, he has Stormtrooper level bad aim." To their credit, at least Stormtroopers missed with rifles shooting at targets at a distance.

Good video, guys.

I have to give Silicon Knights some credit, that was a nice Sci Fi reimagining of the Baeowulf/Grendel fight.
But still once again, Unskippable made me laugh.

Update: this episode now has the end credit joke. You may now bask in it's awesomeness.

God bless the internet.
Another fine episode gentlemen.

Wait, did you say that was half?? Wow, I think developers these days seem to forget that gamers want to PLAY games not watch them.

LeeshaJoy:
What on Earth was the point of the glowy rings on the trays?

Perhaps it's to stop stuff from falling of.

"Where do you think Black Metal comes from?" Nice! Never took anyone here for a metalhead.

Wonder what Black Metal's gonna be like in the future? Wait, Aborym and Thee Maldoror Kollective. Never mind.

IT WAS FUNNY TO ME!

To be honest, I only watch Unskippable when I'm avoiding essays.

You guys need to.. I don't know. Get funnier? Maybe more lively? Couldn't hurt to put a little more spirit into some of the jokes. I know the monotone thing is a choice but eventually: if you sound bored, I feel bored.

I did chuckle quietly at the "and thus ended the experiment using flying saw blades are weapons"... or something like that, you know the joke I mean.

I got my cyborg viking armor in my basement, when I hear the call of the hammer,I will leave the coast of Norway in my longboat with a cyborg battle axe in my right hand , and a beer keg in my left to restart the Viking over the world once more!

Artemus_Cain:
"Where do you think Black Metal comes from?" Nice! Never took anyone here for a metalhead.

Wonder what Black Metal's gonna be like in the future? Wait, Aborym and Thee Maldoror Kollective. Never mind.

IT WAS FUNNY TO ME!

I felt the same way that bit made me happier lol

BLACK METAL \m/ !!!!

When I was watching all the action, I thought DMC, but when he pulled out his sword, I was totally expecting him to do Squall's first Limit Break.

I want to play this game now. It is quite underrated though, a real shame.

Great vid guys.
As many people point out, this game looks boring, and I have to agree - however, keep in mind that Baldur was the norse god of being a total wuss. Even so, I figure Silicon Knights would probably fuck up playing as Odin or Thor as well...
By the way, if I'm not mistaken, the runes on his sword say "fenrir"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or