Unskippable: Too Human

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

I love the fact that in almost all of your guy's videos, Steve Blum is one of the main voice actors.

maninahat:

Snowpact:

gamegod25:

ssgt splatter:
For some reason, that whole fight reminds me of Grendel vs. Beowulf.

Still, good video.

if i remember correctly (though ive done my best to remove any memory of this game) its actually called grendel.

The fact that it charges into a bar (or a meadhall, for you Vikings), killed nearly everyone, and fled after it got its arm removed by the hero are all (obvious) references to the battle between Beowulf and Grendel.

The hell? Beowulf was Saxon not viking, so what's the Grendel doing there anyway? It's not as if Norse mythology is short on badass monsters.

You're right, the poem about Beowulf is Saxon (most of it written in Old English, some in Anglian). But since it is written in the time most of the Nordic heroic poems were written, and features a warrior king from Geatland (which is a Scandinavian area, not Brittanic), popular culture has dubbed him a Nordic hero. And since Beowulf vs. Grendel is one of the most widely known duels, they must have thought it okay to use in the game. But let's get on topic again, shall we not? :-)

Techno mead sounds tasty.

Fry: Why is everyone wearing those rings?
Amy Wong: Guh! Because nobody wears them anymore. Rings are stupid.
Fry: I think they're cool.
Amy Wong: Shh! Don't let anyone hear you.
Guy: Hey, did that guy just say that rings are cool?
Amy Wong: No, he said they're stupid.
Guy: Cool!

What's next? Super vikings from OUTER SPACE? ...wonder if that still counts as "vikings"

Heh. Indeed, the main character here didn't care too much about the people around him.

TZer0:
What's next? Super vikings from OUTER SPACE? ...wonder if that still counts as "vikings"

Heh. Indeed, the main character here didn't care too much about the people around him.

I can't seem to recall any Norse gods particulary giving a toss about the mortals. I mean, for vikings, those that died at home and peacefully went to Hel, kinda like hell, only freezing. Those that died in a battle ascended to Valhalla. Vikings didn't have time for weaklings amongst their kin, and neither did their gods. So why should the techno gods be different in that regard?

"the black and decker, triple bladed flying death" lmao

to keep the food on it i guess

LeeshaJoy:
What on Earth was the point of the glowy rings on the trays?

sorry double post but it probably keeps the food from falling

bartholen:
Ehh, this one wasn't so funny. Russell Crow never gets old, though.

And ew, that game looks awful judging even by the opening cinematic. No wonder it got bad reviews. That whole lengthy fight scene with no dialogue or interactivity at all... just bad, bad, bad, bad m'kay.

You haven't even played the game and you call it bad? Nice.

The game is actually very good, though with bugs every now and then. Story is interesting and good replay.

How about you play first before commenting on the quality of a game, m'kay?

Cockney_Jesus:
I recognize that scream at 4:00

Hmm you're right. Game developers must have some scream sound files they pass between one another.

That was HALF? Good god.

Ice Storm:

bartholen:
Ehh, this one wasn't so funny. Russell Crow never gets old, though.

And ew, that game looks awful judging even by the opening cinematic. No wonder it got bad reviews. That whole lengthy fight scene with no dialogue or interactivity at all... just bad, bad, bad, bad m'kay.

You haven't even played the game and you call it bad? Nice.

The game is actually very good, though with bugs every now and then. Story is interesting and good replay.

How about you play first before commenting on the quality of a game, m'kay?

Jesus Christ, I said that the game LOOKS awful. Perhaps I should add "in my opinion" to the end of all my posts. If I say "that cutscene was bad" it doesn't mean "that cutscene was absolute shit and that is the one and only truth and anyone who questions it is a heretic to be impaled on stakes and burnt". It is MY OPINION. If you think the game's awesome, then who am I to argue?

MajorKris:
I love the fact that in almost all of your guy's videos, Steve Blum is one of the main voice actors.

that is very true

Steve Blum does play a voice voice a minor characters in this game and Crispin freeman does Baluder

sln333:

Cockney_Jesus:
I recognize that scream at 4:00

Hmm you're right. Game developers must have some scream sound files they pass between one another.

Welcome to the wonderful world of stock sound effects.

I don't know the scream you're referring to, but here are some famous examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zQjbULMSKA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf6_hok4-lo

"Wait your my blind date?! Oh Steve is so dead!A little extra weight my ass!"
fukin lolz

Why? WHY would anyone play a game like this? I don't care if it had the best gameplay in the history of gaming, if any game had cutscenes like the ones from this show, I'd never go anywhere near them! No way in Hell I'm going to sit through crappy cutscenes like this.

And seriously, there are people out there who actually PLAY these games? Like they actually handed over their money to deal with this shit?! What the freaking Hell?!

What really gets to me is that at 1:46 of the video, the two guys sitting together both had voice acting in Naruto. The left one as Kakashi, and the right one as Zabuza for English actors. Also very hilarious review on the Intro haha great as always!

DayDark:
*deep voice* "someone said they had a windy ass?"

that always make me laugh.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook