Escapist News Network: Uber HD

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Uber HD

This week, Brutal Legend, Bubble Bobble Boy and a special report on the future of HD technology.
Become a fan on Facebook!

Watch Video

Great episode as usual, nice choice of "random game".

I'm going to show my lack of game/popculture/adjective knowledge here but... who is Kevin Lu?

Brilliant show, with the effects of UberHD! And yeah, I liked Beyond Good and Evil, but the damn thing gives me a head ache with its out of date display tech - if only they could boost it up to 60Hz, I could probably play it without getting nauseous and/or headachy.

And I wish that organization existed - then people could at least see half the good things they miss out on.

the_tramp:
I'm going to show my lack of game/popculture/adjective knowledge here but... who is Kevin Lu?

Me too. Who is the guy?

I liked the Gear Gasm segment. I hope that will be a recurring feature. And I've already begun plans to knock out a wall of my house to accommodate the new display.

Paul and Dale did a great job in those roles.

Dude! where did you find the "commander keen" gameplay video? I havent seen that games sense 95.

Hhaha these make Wednesdays intresting! Love the balloon-boy dig :P

Doug:
Brilliant show, with the effects of UberHD! And yeah, I liked Beyond Good and Evil, but the damn thing gives me a head ache with its out of date display tech - if only they could boost it up to 60Hz, I could probably play it without getting nauseous and/or headachy.

And I wish that organization existed - then people could at least see half the good things they miss out on.

the_tramp:

Me too. Who is the guy?

He's talking about "Captain" Lou Albano, a former pro wrestler who passed away recently.

I liked the Bubble Boy hoax reference. Great job again, guys.

MrMisfit:
He's talking about "Captain" Lou Albano, a former pro wrestler who passed away recently.

This is Captain Lou:

Igen:
Dude! where did you find the "commander keen" gameplay video? I havent seen that games sense 95.

im so glad you said the name iv been racking my brains trying to remember what game it was!
ahhhhh nostalgia!

nadwagss, love it, you guys are getting funnier every episode, or report what ever you prefer

Great episode again guys, keep up the good work.

Haha. UberHD. That totally makes up for last week. :P

It's really getting to be very funny. Keep it up.

Ha! This was a great episode. Keep it up.

Yea great episode! This show just gets better and better :D

LOL at MGS:peace walker's scripted will be as long MGS4 and they remove all gameplay between cut scenes.

Holy crap its Dale! I think I just had a LRRgasm.

The uber-hd went on a little long, but the bubble boy spoof and and damning of portal gave me lulz. I'm surprised at how many in jokes you guys have managed to fit into the graphics, on top of the reports. Great stuff.

I.... I'm speechless.

aha, the bubble hoax haha nice nice good reference
I just read the story about the kid on yahoo news

NADWAGSS - love it

Quite nicely done! My hardened shell of mockery and cynicism was pierced with a smile at 5:40.

I think I just had a geargasm...
The way that Graham said "call me" I was half expecting a wink afterwards
might I just add that Paul has the most epic Mii I've ever seen

Awesome as always XD

I got a question for you guys, are those Pauls real eyebrows? No disrespect intended but those things are seriously bushy.

I'm already saving for Uber HD, anybody else?

That Uber HD made me think of one of the joke settings for a Red Vs Blue DVD, season 3, I think, where you could have super-ultra-max-high definition. You would get it, too, but you could only see a small part of the screen.

Itagaki is certainly all over Uber HD ;)
great show as always, also: damn that Half Life 2: Episode 3 ... Valve please PM me asap so I won't boycott that game

I really wish the anchors would drop the stupid off-air skits. THEY ARN'T FUNNY!!!!

LOL. Bob in the bubble. I WONDER WHAT THAT COULD BE REFERENCING.

'Where Future was Yesterday'..
Epic Quote xP..
---
and yeah 'Valve Games sux big time'
in soft voice 'call me too'
---
lol

Holy crap! I played that Bubble game so much. I defeated a lot of bosses.

littlerudi08107:
I really wish the anchors would drop the stupid off-air skits. THEY ARN'T FUNNY!!!!

Are too!

Frank's 2000 inch tv...I got it ^^

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook