Zero Punctuation: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Out of all the games that are out at the moment suprised he chose this one. Ah well. Was rather funny as per usual so aint gonna complain!

I pretty much agree with all of your reasons that Luigi is better than Mario, along with green being better than red and Luigi isn't overweight.

If you could stop knocking your microphone about for two consecutive minutes it might cease to nullify your wit and professionalism.

MelasZepheos:

randommaster:

MelasZepheos:
An interesting review, and bizarrely close to my own views on mario and Luigi. I always preferred the green one.

Not that I'm going to be buying the game. For one thing I'd need to get a DS as well and the day I do that is the day I can be found naked on a ooftop singing I believe I can fly.

Also, woop first page and all that annoying bollocks.

What's wrong with the DS?

No problem, just not my thing in any way. Then again, my last nintendo product was a Gameboy Colour.

I guess that's like me and the PSP. Well, that, and the lack of money.

Damn this was good! Had a lot more funny points than before, and I have to admit Luigi is much too underestimated

GOod job

I'm pretty sure Browser isn't out to rape the princess. Kidnap and take control of her kingdom, maybe.

Luigi always has and always will be my favorite. He's just such a joy when he's gone off some where to hide from a random Goomba or some other minuscule baddie. I'd personaly LOVE to see Yahtzee take the new Ratchet & Clank Future coming out Oct. 27th and rip it a new one. (Kudos to those who catch the reference)

Yahtzee: If you are remembering the "Everything's Out To Kill You" days fondly, you need to go play a little freeware game called "I Wanna Be The Guy." It's a reality check for that kind of thinking, if I ever saw one.

A few random thoughts:

1. I agree that The Thousand-Year-Door is the height of the Paper Mario series, but I still like Legend of the Seven Stars the best of all the Mario RPGs in the whole franchise.

2. Like Yahtzee, I've always had a special fondness for Luigi and Tails.

3. Given that I was just in an am-dram production of King Henry IV, Part 1, it's awesome and surprising to see a bit of love for Falstaff.

4. Anyone who likes Shakespeare and has a low opinion of kids should look into YSP. Seriously, I hated kids too until I saw a YSP production. It turns out that kids do have brains, it's just that lazy PTC-member parents don't nourish them enough (which brings me to one of my chief complaints against society: We treat kids like they're six until they turn nineteen).

I wanna see an Uncharted 2 next please!

Mario, Luigi, where's the difference other than the color of their hats?
Ok, in some games Luigi can jump higher but also slides more, to the point where he gets unplayable.

The Shakespeare references and comparisons were unexpected, but highly enjoyable.

Oh, and I'm indifferent about Luigi, but Tails was clearly superior.

May I ask, what happened to the Zero Puntuation contest where the best created game was reviewed by Yahtzee?

Has that gone under the carpet...never to be seen again?

Is it just me or did Yahtzee breath into the mic a lot in this one?

I'm going to take this moment to say I've never understood the whole 'second bannana' thing. I've always seen Mario & Luigi as a team, a pair of equals, like... um... I want to say Batman and Robyn, but that's a really a bad example because Robyn was definatly the sidekick and second fiddle, ...Thema & Louise if they were a pair of heroic plumbers instead of raving psycotic bitches on the rampage.
Maybe it's because I am an older brother that I fail to understand this, I don't know. But this is why I enjoyed the GBA remakes of Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros. 3, because it seemed to present the bros. in that team sorta way I'd always imagined them. In the GBA Mario 3 you could selcet to play as both Mario & Luigi in single play alternating between them whenever you cleared a stage or died and I loved it.
But I digress, the video was good as usuall and I may have to check this game out. It's funny I've not played any of the Mario & Luigi RPGs, since I've just been banging on about that whole team thing. I really should check them out.

I thought he was reviewing ODST. Its a shame how he judges halo on the 2 worst games in the series.

... your mic was to close to your face i head you breathing

624:
I thought he was reviewing ODST. Its a shame how he judges halo on the 2 worst games in the series.

He quite clearly stated that he wouldn't be reviewing ODST in the Extra Punctuation column.

624:

He said he wouldn't review it in extra punctuation, seriously you should read it so you avoid redundant comments like this.

ugh, a video that only smacks the RPG genre if he actually played some of them he's know that two of them in his video aren't turn based, few actually have such mind blowing hair (give or take one or two characters per game), and just because one game had a subtle touch of incest doesn't mean all of them do.

Other than that, decent video that makes some interesting points about the plot of the game

I do like luigi more the luigis mansion game let him get a time to shine (oh wow how horrible was that grammar) and I think they should give him a few more games

OT:good review can't wait for next weeks

Marq:

He quite clearly stated that he wouldn't be reviewing ODST in the Extra Punctuation column.

I seriously think half the people that watch his videos avoid that column for some reason...

Cheesebob:
May I ask, what happened to the Zero Puntuation contest where the best created game was reviewed by Yahtzee?

Has that gone under the carpet...never to be seen again?

Submissions ended October 19th and the winner will be announced November 16th

I really enjoyed this review even though I don't own a DS or knew there was actually a game based in someones colon.

HOLY CRAP! I didn't actually expect him to review this game! I've read reviews saying that it's the best Mario RPG game yet, but I was skeptical when I heard that...

I love Luigi, too, you know. And I'm glad to hear that he loves the Mario RPG series as a whole. I'm also surprised ad how deep the game is, according to him!

Regardless of the bad Yahtzee said, I'm still getting this game, I love the Mario & Luigi series, and it looks REALLY awesome.

I laughed more then I should have when it showed the picture of the kid's drawing.
Yahtzee's got his charm back.

does he like teenagers

Everyone, barring parents, hates children but we were all children at one point so complaining about how much we would love to kill all children would be hypocritical and more than just mildly sick.

That said, I'm surprised Yahtzee still plays Nintendo games. Considering his typical attitude when reviewing games, I think it's very unbecoming.

triskutt900:
does he like teenagers

Actually I think he hates most human beings

sizzle949:
Hilarious, great review as always. Can't wait for Brutal Legend review (if that is indeed your next one)

Me too, i must admit i kinda hoped it would already be this one. Can't wait till next week

Hell, I laughed at that and I could care less about Mario, Luigi, Nintendo and/or children.

That said, I'm thinking Yahtzee's trying to channel at least one of the four Yorkshiremen . . .

"THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
You were lucky to have a lake! There were a hundred and fifty of us living in t' shoebox in t' middle o' road.
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
Cardboard box?
THIRD YORKSHIREMAN:
Aye.
FIRST YORKSHIREMAN:
You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt."

Thank you Monty Python and goodnight.

Glad to see the Mario RPGs getting some love.

I think I liked Luigi initially because he's taller and less dumpy-looking. My love was cemented in Mario Brothers 2, wherein Luigi liked to jump and then spastically flail his legs as though having some kind of anti-gravity-inducing mid-air seizure.

Good review, but what is wrong with your microphone? It kept sounding like you were rolling it around on your desk.

sizzle949:
Hilarious, great review as always. Can't wait for Brutal Legend review (if that is indeed your next one)

Then Saw, that one will be amazing

You've outspoken yourself, another amazing review from Yahtzee

I always love Shakespeare references and the "Macbeth, maybe" was especially great. I also really wasn't expecting this to be your review. Funny one.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here