Stolen Pixels #136: After Curfew, Episode 4

This issue, Breen gives his thoughts on Borderlands.

Read Full Article

Broken link is broken :(

Shame, I'm really beginning to enjoy these... (Stolen Pixels, not broken links)

Chipperz:
Broken link is broken :(

Shame, I'm really beginning to enjoy these... (Stolen Pixels, not broken links)

what? apparently you posted before Shamus :P
that, and apparently he is going to post at 10pm. tonight. in the future.
I wanted to see this, but it's not there :(

EDIT: Yay fixed now.
And it was a good one. is it true that there are 3 million guns? seems a bit unbelievable. (Uhg, I feel like a member of SEELE saying that line...)

Aww, c'mon, I really wanted to hear what Breen thinks about Borderlands. I guess we'll have to wait a few more hours until it actuall shows up...

The same thing happened with another of Shamus' articles. O_o

Well, either way, the comic is up now. And DLC is more akin to expansion packs. You know, those things that actually had alot of content at a good price :P

I wonder if the next one will have a male Shepard female or several claiming to all be Commander Shepard.

But good point on 3mill but only 4 characters I'd love 1.5 mill with 8 or 6 Characters a lil better I think.

was that story bout the post guy real? coz thats a good idea

Ha! This was pretty dang funny strip.

I cant wait to see Shepard in the next strip.

Considering the accuracy of the writing style, I imagine you watch a lot of late night talk shows. I love these After Curfew strips because I can totally hear Conan or Leno delivering Breen's lines.

Your pixels were stolen, good thing it was returned....

I think Breen should replace Jimmy Fallon as host of Late Night. Great strip as always man.

Eeh... 3 million guns? That is a little overkill, isn't it?

Anyway! Good comic. Laughing quota of today reached.

That's the funniest Stolen Pixels in a while. Great work.

These always slay me.

I am continually surprised at how well the premise for After Curfiew works. I can guarantee you that when I collaborate with alien invaders in exchange for nominal dictatorial control over the dystopian ruins of civilization, starting my own late-night talk show will be one of my top priorities.

Heh heh heh. I had the same thoughts about Borderlands.

Also every time I hear the name Shepherd I keep thinking of Adrian Shepherd.

Lucane:
I wonder if the next one will have a male Shepard female or several claiming to all be Commander Shepard.

The entire comic will devolve into "I'm SPARTACUS" related jokes,

And silly Shamus; no-one ever reads the titles.

The worst part about his comparison of Borderlands to Diablo is that it's true...
But Diablo 2 was one of my favorite games so Borderlands at worst can't be too bad.

I don't remember many games that added free content patches... Especially so fast.

Loved the "3,000,000 weapons, 4 character models" joke.

this is getting funnier and funnier,this was possibly the best one i have read

Shamus Young:

This issue, Breen gives his thoughts on Borderlands.

Read Full Article

I love that call on Borderlands. I was watching some friends play it the other day on the 360 (lucky bastards, mine isn't out until Monday), and I commented that it almost looked like Diablo mixed with an FPS with the way loot works.

Awesome comic this week, keep it up.

Doug:
Well, either way, the comic is up now. And DLC is more akin to expansion packs. You know, those things that actually had alot of content at a good price :P

Erm... how many expansion packs have you encountered that ever really justified the price point?

Windknight:

Doug:

Erm... how many expansion packs have you encountered that ever really justified the price point?

Before DLC and Xbox live? Alot, actually. These days, no. Some DLC is fairly priced, of course, but alot of it is a rip off.

I don't think the patch analogy holds up. Patches are still free, and they are still called patches on PC, and title updates on consoles.

Haha, And I don't think booster packs, as I call most DLC, and patches are the same, patches are designed to fix bugs and enhance the features already present in the game, if a developer releases a content pack that isn't enough content to make a full expansion of I would call it a Booster Pack since it just boosters the original game but not completely adding what a full expansion would normally do.

Still funny comic as always.

Best line in that comic: "That's not innovation. That's Diablo."

LOLOLOLOLOL.

Good Comic...

One word and one word only: Touche

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist: