"Phantom of the Arcade 2: Shadows, Darkness, and Dread" - A Text Adventure

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

"Phantom of the Arcade 2: Shadows, Darkness, and Dread" - A Text Adventure

You're trapped in a terrifying amusement park...can you find the means to escape?

Read Full Article

Ooh!

I love Zork! Thanks for opening this up for us, Susan!

Just out of curiosity, who programmed this?

*EDIT*

Found out, I'm lame...

I have already gotten the good ending with full points, as evidenced by my bitchin' new badge.

Gotta say though, the original felt harder, or at least felt that it had more stuff to do in it.

Okay, stupid question. How do you get the ping pong ball out of the hole?

paragon1:

Remember where the hole is in relation to everything else. There's another item/scenery thingy there you probably missed that is key.

Agayek:

paragon1:

Remember where the hole is in relation to everything else. There's another item/scenery thingy there you probably missed that is key.

Found it!

Ugh... I couldn't finish the first one after an hour or so of playing...
IF I can complete this one, I'll go back and have a go at the first again :D

Edit: Ignore that, I found it.

That's the bad ending with 50 out of 65. Now to get the good ending.

Can't figure out how to get the good ending. Think I have the right item to use, but not sure how to use it. Can't find the right verb for it I think. Lot of fun though, really enjoyed it.

I can't find the verb to use the key with the ferris wheel or any of the parts with the machine :S
Any hints?

FleaJr:
I can't find the verb to use the key with the ferris wheel or any of the parts with the machine :S
Any hints?

Have to use 'Put' for all of those, if I'm not mistaken. Such as 'Put [part] in Machine'

Man, with the sudden blurts ("You can't see anyone else nearby, but you suddenly feel like you aren't alone", "You are being hunted") makes this game creepy as hell

Also, I need "Some non-conductive material" and "A hollow spheroid"
I know where the spheroid is but how do I obtain it?

EDIT: Never mind on the spheroid. What is the non-conductive stuff?
EDIT2: Nevermind, just got it

Rocksa:
Can't figure out how to get the good ending. Think I have the right item to use, but not sure how to use it. Can't find the right verb for it I think. Lot of fun though, really enjoyed it.

I just got the good ending first try and now I'm figuring out how to get the bad ending.
Something tells me its got something to do with that little girl.

Agayek:

paragon1:

paragon1:

Agayek:

paragon1:

Found it!

I think I need more hints on this. The ball is the only thing I'm missing...

Hooray! got the good ending, It's not exactly a strategic choice whether you get it or not, but it is slightly telling of how you play games on the whole.

Woem:

Agayek:

paragon1:

paragon1:

Agayek:

paragon1:

Found it!

What made the hole in the first place?

Holy crap I managed to get the good ending.

Fat Man Spoon:

Woem:

Agayek:

paragon1:

paragon1:

Agayek:

paragon1:

Found it!

What made the hole in the first place?

Aha thanks. The thing is that what you need is no longer in the descriptions anywhere. But I found it now in the backlog :)

Woem:
Aha thanks. The thing is that what you need is no longer in the descriptions anywhere. But I found it now in the backlog :)

No problem.

Now, what to do with the dog...

I gave it the handkerchief, which did nothing, and I can't get it back.
Any tips?

Fat Man Spoon:

Woem:

No problem.

Now, what to do with the dog...

I gave it the handkerchief, which did nothing, and I can't get it back.
Any tips?

There are certain things that dogs like. Cats, pets on the back, bones, ...

Ollie596:

Rocksa:

I just got the good ending first try and now I'm figuring out how to get the bad ending.
Something tells me its got something to do with that little girl.

dalek sec:
Holy crap I managed to get the good ending.

I also got the bad ending on the first time. Any tips on how you got the good ending?

Fat Man Spoon:
-snip-

A dead man once told me dogs like to chew on him.

And that he lived next to a buggyride *hint, hint*

Woem:
There are certain things that dogs like. Cats, pets on the back, bones, ...

TheNamlessGuy:

A dead man once told me dogs like to chew on him.

And that he lived next to a buggyride *hint, hint*

What annoys me is that I tried to take it right at the start, but was phrasing it wrong.

Anyway, I'm done now.
Time to get the good ending...

Woem:
I also got the bad ending on the first time. Any tips on how you got the good ending?

Look for something to blow your Nose with.

Ollie596:

Woem:

Damn it I can't find the right verb.
Hint?

EDIT:
Awww, suffocate didn't work
Do you perhaps have to do it at a special time?

EDIT2: Oh wait, got it

Ollie596:

Woem:

I have that, I just don't know what to do with it... Any hints?

*Update* Ah you don't need to do anything with it :)

Blarg. My computer crashed and now I have to restart the whole thing...

Noooo!!! I opened a new window and suddenly the whole thing restarted! /facepalm

it doesnt save your progress does it? oh well. i beat it !! this one did seem easier than the first. all the puzzles were one step, and pretty obvious. the wording was a bit confusing, it took me a while to get the key to go into the wheel. but otherwise pretty good. very fun. just make the puzzles a bit harder. thanks guys!! great work!

Curses! Can't play it for some reason. And looking back I had the same problem last year, but finally got it to work...unfortuantly I didn't write down how...

Woohoo! I got 65/65 and the good ending. It took me 197 turns though, as I think this is the first text game I've really had the chance to play.

The ending was neat. I'm glad I grabbed that silly thing at the beginning of the game.

EDIT: Stupid stupid. Never mind, found it.

Woem:

Agayek:

paragon1:

paragon1:

Agayek:

paragon1:

Found it!

I tried using the other ping pong ball related item but it didn't get me the ball!

Woem:

Agayek:

paragon1:

What caused the hole to form?

What other items are near the hole?

Try restarting the game and examining the hole before you go for the ball, that might help too.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here