Mario & Luigi

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Mario & Luigi

Can a Mario & Luigi RPG keep Yahtzee's attention during a 22 hour long flight?

Read Full Article

A little let down, was hoping for something else.

I saw you mention Super Mario 64 DS in the interview, you should really play the N64 version. The controls aren't as arse as the DS version, and it looks a tad better, in my opinion. I never 'got' the whole Mario RPG thing, but then again, I don't like RPGs in general.

awesomeClaw:

More words? Less words? Moving pictures?

Maybe an analysis of the latest developments in the Halo franchise?

Utterly bizarre. Very funny, but I didn't learn much about the game. Still, it was very good.

The only places you need to jump separately are while under those blocks that switch between red and green, and maybe in some of the minigames.

There are tons of places where you have to time your jumps right if you don't want Luigi to fall down into a chasm. And yes, that's a good thing.

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Extra Punctuation: Mario & Luigi

Can a Mario & Luigi RPG keep Yahtzee's attention during a 22 hour long flight?

Read Full Article

You would make a very good travel writer. As long as you weren't trying to get people to actually go somewhere.

He mentioned Hotel Dusk, I'm wondering if he's gonna do a review of that one next week, and I'm still getting used to this new ZP and EP schedule. It's Extra Punctuation - Tuesday and Zero Punctuation - Wednesday, right?

TheGreenManalishi:
I saw you mention Super Mario 64 DS in the interview, you should really play the N64 version. The controls aren't as arse as the DS version, and it looks a tad better, in my opinion. I never 'got' the whole Mario RPG thing, but then again, I don't like RPGs in general.

I think he already established he can't get into the classic 64 titles.

Cargando:
Utterly bizarre. Very funny, but I didn't learn much about the game. Still, it was very good.

The ZP for Mario & Luigi does tell you more about the game. This tells you what it's like to play the game. And deal with annoying children on a 22 hour flight, other than putting them headfirst into the airplane's toilet. Then flushing it.

TheGreenManalishi:

How does the Mario64 DS compare to N64 version? Ive never played the DS version?

Also: I bet the kids on the plane were in on it

Meeps are furry creatures in Hero Quest/Quest For Glory (the first one) I believe they are calling you psychically... you need to find a way to install that game and visit them at Meep Peep Creek.... I suspect you will regret it if you don't.

Nice, i wish i flew more, then id actualy have some time to play games.
But from the few time i have flown, i can say this.
The kids were in on it.
Sleep with your eyes open.
Though i used the two jump buttons all the time, especaly while trying to navigate some of the different areas, i had to press one right after the other on some of the cliff areas.
Learning how to do that is easer than trying to press both buttons at the same time, trust me.

Haha, you seem to be getting into the DS now...

Timelord91:

TheGreenManalishi:

How does the Mario64 DS compare to N64 version? Ive never played the DS version?

Also: I bet the kids on the plane were in on it

The N64 version's main point of superiority is the analogue stick and camera controls. The DS one is just an example of Nintendo's shovelware policy it adopted early on in the DS's lifespan.

Therumancer:
Meeps are furry creatures in Hero Quest/Quest For Glory (the first one) I believe they are calling you psychically... you need to find a way to install that game and visit them at Meep Peep Creek.... I suspect you will regret it if you don't.

Really I thought that was just the noise the roadrunner made after he managed to trick Wile E. coyote into falling into his own trap.

That was funny :)

I've never been on a flight, so thanks about the custom forms advice :P

There were 81 million GBA's sold worldwide. Compared to the Game Boy's and Game Boy Color's combined 118 million that's not that bad. I don't think it was a lack of X and Y buttons that kept it from being sold to more people, though it did mess with some SNES ports.

The game he's talking about here is Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, whereas his Zero Punctuation last week was about Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. Similar games from what I've heard, but not the same.

TheGreenManalishi:

The N64 version's main point of superiority is the analogue stick and camera controls. The DS one is just an example of Nintendo's shovelware policy it adopted early on in the DS's lifespan.

While I agree that SM 64 was pretty poorly adapted to the DS because of the controls (also the screen just isn't big enough to let you see what's going on) I would hardly call it "shovelware". There's a lot of new content in the DS version between the mini-games, multiplayer modes, new playable characters, retooled graphics almost everywhere, and new areas. I keep hoping they'll release this stuff on WiiWare so I can finally play it with a proper controller.

As with (almost) everything you've ever done pure gold my lord.

Oh, so this is like Superstar Saga for the GBA? I might have to get this then. I LOVED that game.

This article reminded me of some of Hunter S. Thompson's articles in a good way. (As opposed to being in a bad way - if it was like some of Thomsons later articles, such as when he skipped out on going to the Ali-Foreman fight - which he was supposed to cover - to swim in the hotel pool instead.)

Awww no posts answered today? That's my favorite part.

shMerker:
While I agree that SM 64 was pretty poorly adapted to the DS because of the controls (also the screen just isn't big enough to let you see what's going on) I would hardly call it "shovelware". There's a lot of new content in the DS version between the mini-games, multiplayer modes, new playable characters, retooled graphics almost everywhere, and new areas. I keep hoping they'll release this stuff on WiiWare so I can finally play it with a proper controller.

What I think of shovelware is a game released with little or no regard to quality of the product yet with the aim and expectation to make money. The extra content is tacked on as a demo on how the touchscreen can be utilised, and the original is on VC - why want a WiiWare release of the DS version?

I find that I can't find a single game on DS that can hold my interest except pokémon wierdly

Did you ever find out whose teeth you had?

Oh my, this reads oddly similar to what is widely known as a..."BLOG ENTRY"!!! Invented by Unknown, perfected by Umberto Eco and overused to death by everyone with a computer since then and forever and ever, amen. Still, quite entertaining!

Carnagath:
Oh my, this reads oddly similar to what is widely known as a..."BLOG ENTRY"!!! Invented by Unknown, perfected by Umberto Eco and overused to death by everyone with a computer since then and forever and ever, amen. Still, quite entertaining!

At least yahtzee is entertaining, and maybe getting paid by doing it.
What is everyone else's excuse? (except the people who actually do things with them, like site/game/show news)

Bato:
What is everyone else's excuse?

Why, the need to forget the fact that they are not the warm little centers of the universe of course!

awesomeClaw:

I think you've summed up the entire reason internet forums exist.

TheGreenManalishi:

Me neither, but it does so many things right, or at least the one I played. And now for the big issue for me:

"Probably explains why no one bought that (Gameboy Advanced) thing."

What?? The Gameboy Advanced is the top console on sales. It beat the competition within its first week! Gahh, Benjamin's possibly intentional statement burns me!

He said he's played the the N64 version in another review. The whole point of this was something to play on a plane. Getting an N64 or a Wii on a plane would be a bit tricky...

Carnagath:

Well, it would be a blog, except that it was all published at once instead of updated periodically. Yatzee doesn't hate online journals, he just refuses to call them blogs.

This was funny and I envy Yahtzee for getting an entire row to himself. As for the kids, not so much. This does make me wonder about what brightness setting Yahtzee uses, because I usually have mine on the lowest setting and have played for well over six hours without needing to worry about the battery.

Pretty entertaining. I still find it funny the one thing you dislike the most about the series, the separate jump buttons, is the one thing that immediately stood out to me as simple brilliance when I first played Superstar Saga.

Different strokes for different folks. :3

P.S.: You died a lot for that early in. I'm guessing you really were hitting those drinks hard.

Kross:

awesomeClaw:

More words? Less words? Moving pictures?

Maybe an analysis of the latest developments in the Halo franchise?

any or all, pretty please?

Cargando:

Probably this. Did Cthulhu invade your brain through that magic DS?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here