Escapist News Network: ROJO

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

ROJO

Scientists perfect the robot game journalist. Turns out, it wasn't that hard.
Become a fan on Facebook!

Watch Video

This video was very compelling.

But in all seriousness good job as always!

That was compelling Dammit ninja'd

NIce one this week looking forward to next weeks

That was... compelling (only to continue the current trend) :D

Seriously though, great cameo by Yahtzee, and I loved the x-ray vision for MGS and Super Saiyan 5 Vegeta.

Great work, looking forward to next week.

LOL. The photoshopped image of SS5 Vegeta made me laugh for a good 10 minutes. Good stuff guys.

Wii Play is compelling.

-Jon

Yahtzee's apparence was compelling.

The video was cinematic.

I give it a review score of [Divide by 0 error].

Well, how...compelling.

It's nice to see an appearance from Yahtzee. It was rather...cinematic.

That was cinematic. Seem's even Yahtzee is getting involved in this compelling program. Yay ENN!

Haha nice appearence from Yahtzee, could barely recognise him. Overall a compelling episode

Also, why was the Metal Gear Solid bit satrie? ;)

My favorite yet, keep up the good work.

So GameSpot is the secret testing site for RoJo...of course! It all makes sense now.
And how compelling that their interview-ee looked suspiciously familiar... I just can't tell without some kind of...hat.

I notice how nobody has mentioned the Unskippable lad in the Scott-suit yet, so allow me to be the first to chuckle into me' bagpipes.

Doug:
Also, why was the Metal Gear Solid bit satrie? ;)

C-C-C(Compeling)-COMBO BREAKER!

I was waiting for ROJO to shout out STONKING GREAT! Or ANYTHING in reference to yahtzee!

Compelling, cinematic, and not very useful in a fight are 3 ways to describe me.

This video did well to reinforce my preconceived notions and watching patterns for this show. I felt compelled by the cinematic experience, which much like the new MGS was not interactive whatsoever. 10 of 10 rojos.

A very compellingly cinematic video (I don't think ninjaring matters at this point lol)

Slightly suprising to see Yahtzee, maybe business is low at Zero Punctuation?

Might I add another stereotypical review line?

If you fan of these kinda videos, watch it!

Jon Etheridge:
LOL. The photoshopped image of SS5 Vegeta made me laugh for a god 10 minutes. Good stuff guys.

Wii Play is compelling.

-Jon

His power level will be... OVER 900,000!?

Hat-less Yahtzee hehe
The whole ep so ..compelling xP..
good ep as usual ENN

<? Compiling video response... ERROR. Raw form follows. ?>

<? // BEGIN THREAD REPLY SEQUENCE

// NOTE: Reduce cleverness by 25%. ?>

This video was %%adjective%%. I %%hyperbole%% it.

%%quoted douchebaggery%%

%%snarky response%%

<? // END THREAD REPLY SEQUENCE ?>

That video was compelling

I lol'd the SSJ vegeta 5. I do hope they do make a SSJ 3 vegeta

Lol, cookie for featuring Yathzee :3

Damn Yahtzee you so sneaky :)

As a Scotsman, I'm not sure whether or not to be offended by the video, so I won't.

I like this formula better then what it's been in past episodes, a more Onion-like experience.

Yahtzee was decently funny, but didn't really shine, not sure if it's the role that confined him or inexperience with on-screen comedy.

Highlandheadbanger:

I like this formula better then what it's been in past episodes, a more Onion-like experience.

I think LRR would take comparison to the Onion as a compliment.

Highlandheadbanger:
Yahtzee was decently funny, but didn't really shine, not sure if it's the role that confined him or inexperience with on-screen comedy.

I don't think he was trying to shine, just to contribute. He played it straight and that added to the overall experience, rather than going over the top and taking anything away from it.

That video was COMPELLING!

lol at the comment on Vegeta!

Wow, they actually got Yahtzee...That's awesome!!!

hilarious keep em coming, i hope ENN is juust what gaming culture needs. kinda like our own onion

hey kathleen how are you doing?

Highlandheadbanger:

BlueInkAlchemist:
I don't think he was trying to shine, just to contribute. He played it straight and that added to the overall experience, rather than going over the top and taking anything away from it.

I think that actually makes a very good point, considering he's responsible for his own projects he needs to focus on. Also, this video is of a very different tone and atmosphere than Yahtzee's usual rants and over-the-top comedic styling, using that would undoubtably distract focus away from Graham and Cathleen, which would weaken the video in my opinion. His role undoubtably supports the main focus of the video, without overpowering and ruining the dynamic.

I can't help, though, but pick-up on a somewhat monotone pitch in his voice during the video. There were a few punchlines he delivered that could have benefited from more dynamic volume and intonation punctuation. He did infuse some into his delivery, but it was done so conservatively it felt overly contained, a certain meekness I attribute to being both out of character and placed in a role out of one's usual comfort zone and without a properly developed character persona to draw upon (or maybe I'm looking too much into something that doesn't need exploring).

Highlandheadbanger:

I can't help, though, but pick-up on a somewhat monotone pitch in his voice during the video. There were a few punchlines he delivered that could have benefited from more dynamic volume and intonation punctuation. He did infuse some into his delivery, but it was done so conservatively it felt overly contained, a certain meekness I attribute to being both out of character and placed in a role out of one's usual comfort zone and without a properly developed character persona to draw upon (or maybe I'm looking too much into something that doesn't need exploring).

He *is* portraying an executive for a much less dynamic gaming journalism company than the Escapist, so I think it's natural for him to appear somewhat uninterested in the particulars of gaming, since he'd have other things on his mind, such as the state of his Audi or the prostitute under the conference table.

BlueInkAlchemist:

Highlandheadbanger:

He *is* portraying an executive for a much less dynamic gaming journalism company than the Escapist, so I think it's natural for him to appear somewhat uninterested in the particulars of gaming, since he'd have other things on his mind, such as the state of his Audi or the prostitute under the conference table.

Probably so, I'm sure I'm just focusing too much attention onto trivial minutia.

Highlandheadbanger:

Probably so, I'm sure I'm just focusing too much attention onto trivial minutia.

That might be true. Mostly I wanted to provide a counter-point to your points, not completely invalidate them.

This video was compelling. Especially the Yahtzee appearance.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here