Escapist News Network: ROJO

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Was that Yahtzee? I was going to say that this was compelling but it seems like I've been ninja'd a few too many times.

Woah, didn't expect Mr. Croshaw to appear in ENN. He's almost as sly as Hugh Laurie when he voices for House.

I'm glad I'm old enough to remember that. Still hate the dogs in the original Metal Gear

Wooo Yahtzee, but wtf Vegeta as SS3? Common now, I know that we WANTED see it in the show but since it never happened maybe stick to the original show, unless this is another of the What If storylines.

Yahtzee was the person I least expected to see, good stuff.
Looks like ROJO is already emploed all over the industry.

Such a simple visual gag, but I really liked the GameStop Zelda store image.

Great episode guys, quite.......compelling.

I loved the "Mah Anchormans, Let Me Show You Them" at the beginning. And the whole Rojo story was very, very clever. And I liked Yahtzee being used just as an actor, and a decent one at that, not necessarily as YAHTZEE.

The dig at Vegeta and dragonball Z was the best part for me, good stuff all around.

ALMOST didn't recognize yahtzee without the glasses.

Also, my grandad's chemist is called Dr. Coward... how compelling...

BlueInkAlchemist:

Highlandheadbanger:

I can't help, though, but pick-up on a somewhat monotone pitch in his voice during the video. There were a few punchlines he delivered that could have benefited from more dynamic volume and intonation punctuation. He did infuse some into his delivery, but it was done so conservatively it felt overly contained, a certain meekness I attribute to being both out of character and placed in a role out of one's usual comfort zone and without a properly developed character persona to draw upon (or maybe I'm looking too much into something that doesn't need exploring).

He *is* portraying an executive for a much less dynamic gaming journalism company than the Escapist, so I think it's natural for him to appear somewhat uninterested in the particulars of gaming, since he'd have other things on his mind, such as the state of his Audi or the prostitute under the conference table.

I'm less convinced. Have you seen the Game Damage pilot? Yahtzee on camera seems very wooden, without his usual rapid-fire delivery, and when he speaks slower his voice tends to monotone. He also has a tendency to deliver punchlines flatly. I think he has potential though, he was certainly the funniest thing in the pilot. Just needs more practice.

Kathleen DeVere... *sighs in ecstacy*

p.s. funny show as always.

SonicWaffle:

I'm less convinced. Have you seen the Game Damage pilot? Yahtzee on camera seems very wooden, without his usual rapid-fire delivery, and when he speaks slower his voice tends to monotone. He also has a tendency to deliver punchlines flatly. I think he has potential though, he was certainly the funniest thing in the pilot. Just needs more practice.

1) The second Game Damage pilot goes over much better than the first, and the three lads admit that with the first they were still getting a feel for the format.

2) Something viewers need to keep in mind is that someone we see as funny is not always going to caper for our amusement on command. Jon Stewart, Steve Carell and Yahtzee are all examples of this. Intelligent comedians tend to flex their funny muscles at specific times for specific reasons. If you were to invite a football player over to your house, would you be disappointed if they didn't do jumping jacks, run a few laps or demonstrate how they handle a ball?

If you want someone trying to be funny all the time just to keep your attention, may I suggest taking a look at Dane Cook.

God that off- air skit was stupid! I loved the story about Rojo though. It's true, stupid fanboys/girls only want a game review that agrees with their views.

Mmm. Compelling.

I sense a new meme in the making.

Hold on....Terence Stamp? As in General Zod?

Yathzee's cameo was to be expected. I was wondering when he'd show up in one of these episodes. I'm enjoying these videos and like watching them.

Yahtzee is here!

Anyone find it funny that Yahtzee is the spokesman for the people homogenizing game reviews?

Heh heh heh, that was a good one.
And I was hoping the 'British' Australian actor would be Terence Stamp. He's just so damn badass.
and by other comments in this thread... apparently Yahtzee was in that ep? I didn't notice :P

randommaster:
Anyone find it funny that Yahtzee is the spokesman for the people homogenizing game reviews?

...I can't believe I had to have this bit of meta humor pointed out to me.

I'll just be over here in this dark corner dying of shame.

Tharticus:
Woah, didn't expect Mr. Croshaw to appear in ENN. He's almost as sly as Hugh Laurie when he voices for House.

*thinks*

And we were looking for someone to play Gordon Freeman in the Half Life movies?

Glasses, goatee...

Hrrmmmmm.

Yahtzee's appearance both compelling and cinematic?

BlueInkAlchemist:

randommaster:

...I can't believe I had to have this bit of meta humor pointed out to me.

I'll just be over here in this dark corner dying of shame.

+
How is the dark corner dying of shame?

I probably wouldn't have recognized Yahtzee if I hadn't watched the interview with him, though, so don't feel too bad.

randommaster:
How is the dark corner dying of shame?

I probably wouldn't have recognized Yahtzee if I hadn't watched the interview with him, though, so don't feel too bad.

I'll just be over here in this dark corner, dying of shame.

My shame is doubled at the omission of that comma.

not a very compelling episode, i was only slightly entertained at best, also that girl...whatsherface, erhh the one sitting next to graham, has an tremendously, enormous, giant head, just noticed this now.

i think she might be suffering from reverse Chris Redfield syndrome, by a month or two she will be nothing but a giant head on a pair of chopsticks.

Awesome ENN episode, as always. I'm guessing ROJO would be superior (and more consistent) to most game reviewers out there, especially the IGN ones. Also, I'm curious if Scotland's Haggis Campaign helped them keep their developers or if it drove them away. I'm guessing it's the latter since I know what they put into that stuff...

On a mildly related note, why is there a trailer for ENN after each ENN episode? Isn't that redundant?

haha SSY5 vegeta would be useless in a fight!
nice one

the cameo by Yahtzee had me stunned for a moment, i wasnt sure without the hat and with him speaking in a normal tone of voice but i caught on eventually...

Everybody:
This video was compelling.

You guys totally made my morning :).

Glad folks like the episode - keep the feedback coming! We don't reply to a lot of specific comments but we certainly read all of them!

I only introduce myself twice an episode, and my name only appears below every video, so I can see why you wouldn't know my name.
This is the first time ever, that anyone has said I have a big head. It's actually pretty small. I have a hard time finding hats that cinch up tight enough. However, I'll just assume that you are in awe of my enormous brain.

Also: hi Dante Alucard! Did you hear? I have a HUGE head.

swaki:
also that girl...whatsherface, erhh the one sitting next to graham, has an tremendously, enormous, giant head, just noticed this now..

Kathleen. It gets mentioned a lot, and it's not that hard to remember.
And... no? She really, really does not.

Of anybody on the ENN crew (myself, Kathleen, Jeremy, Paul) I'm always the one who has trouble with hats. I have a massive head.

ZombieGenesis:
I notice how nobody has mentioned the Unskippable lad in the Scott-suit yet, so allow me to be the first to chuckle into me' bagpipes.

Paul's actually part of the writing team for ENN as well.
He and Jer also do all the photoshopping for ENN stories each week.

Bipedal? get out! really?
Yahtzee's not a bad looking guy is he.

My favorite so far. It was compeling

Is it me or are these videos getting more and more lazy?

Yay for satire! honestly the ROJO is already pretty close to most game critics. there's a pretty simple formula that can be used to estimate the reviews of game using the amount of money paid out to major game review websites... The exception of course is being The Escapist
SS5 Vegeta was so freakin hilarious!!! I laughed for like 10 minutes.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 50918)