Stolen Pixels #138: On the Borderbus

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Stolen Pixels #138: On the Borderbus

Mordecai rides the short bus to Borderlands.

Read Full Article

Okay, that was good. I chuckled.

I really need to stop delaying and get Borderlands.

Haha... Yea.. That 'Ability' in that game does seem kinda funny when compared to the other characters ones.

Though my turret always dies way too quickly to actually deal damage.

Nice one. got a laugh out of that.
or maybe a midget-laugh... still a laugh...

heh, Mordecai is brilliant :D
he's meant to be the sniper, but I only ever find good shotguns...

rofl that is the greatest power

K.. I'm gonna get the dude with the Turret then.

Teeheehee. Funny, that was exactly my reaction to Mordecai's 'special attack'.
And, of course, I had to play as him. Not even much of a competition, actually. The 'murderous coward' argument is very appealing to me, too. xD

I has a bird. Pheer meh.

Seriously though, the bird does have its upsides. Since Mordecai is primarily a sniper, it can help if an enemy get too close, and I've heard that it can be really strong against enemies when upgraded.

I like the bird, it can one hit most targets, and does serious damage to the tougher units

Inconsistancies Arise:
Haha... Yea.. That 'Ability' in that game does seem kinda funny when compared to the other characters ones.

Though my turret always dies way too quickly to actually deal damage.

and takes 100 seconds to reload
to be fair, the bird only has 28 seconds or something, so if you get it good, and get the upgrade so it can hit multiple people, it would be quite good

Hhaha great comc. Siren class is the best imo. Hunters suck.

That was more or less my original reaction as well, but like everything else in the game Bloodwing gets significantly more badass over time. With a few talents and the class item on my level 30ish Hunter - he currently will dive bomb up to 8 guys for a consistent 2,000 damage, one-shotting most everything but bruisers. I love that little bird now.

I really need to play this game. I find the idea of a death-dealing birdie to be irresistible.

DamienHell:
I like the bird, it can one hit most targets, and does serious damage to the tougher units

Plus, hawks are badass.

Okay now I feel bad cause the first guy I picked was mordecai. However I dont think I have used the bird more then a dozen times however my sniper is about as awesome as it can get.

wish you could attach a laser to the bird's head

All the other abilities are pretty awesome, but when I played Mordecai, I hardly used his.

Remember: the difference between a murderous coward and a hero is that the coward is alive.

Hilarious

when powered up, bloodwing (or shockwing as his ability is now called) kicks all ass: 8 targets, heavy damage, leech health and caused all hit targets to drop more loot. plus a sub 30 second recharge time. coupled with the nasty explosive shot firing sniper rifles and a good healing shield and you are damn near invincible. even against the badasses.

The Gentleman:
Remember: the difference between a murderous coward and a hero is that the coward is alive.

Also, there is a fine line between courageous and stupid.

Borderlands is next on my list of games to get. I think I'll get it once exams are over, and when I've fully cleaned out Uncharted 2.

Great comic by the way. I was hoping you'd start using a different game instead of the Champions Online and the After Curfews

My thoughts exactly..

a bird? GTFO.. ;)

I play as Roland,soldier class..
currently Im a level 21 and highly recommend this game.
I won't get my 360 back until after Modern Warfare 2 is out and Im more than pissed..
Granted I would buy 3 360s over 1 PS3 or Nintendo Wii..

Ninja Tank:

You can make him burn people or zap them.

Also, Bloodwing is one of the most OP abilities there is ;d

I find it funnier that Mordecai actually throws the bird, like the fat little bastard couldn't make it all the way over to the enemy under his own power.

Ninja Tank:

You can give it shock damage with an elemental artifact, which is almost as good.

As far as the abilities for people who don't have it:

Brick: Goes berserk with a big heal/regen, can kill 5+ enemies easily if they are grouped up and around his level. Berserk lasts longer then Lilith's phasewalk (I forget exactly how long), and with elemental artifacts you can punch fire and lightning while doing it.

Mordecai: Can power up his bird to one shot most things, and kill around 3-6 depending on their health.

Lilith: Can phasewalk either for a single big ambush hit (that some people are saying is currently broken) or use it to break line of site/heal up/get better sniper position.

Roland: Drops a turret that can kill maybe 2 enemies, probably closer to 4 powered up. Not so much due to damage, but the fairly short default duration and the longest default cooldown (100 seconds). With the ability to regenerate some health and ammo with the right spec. From what I've heard it serves more as a distraction for the enemies and portable cover later on. His real fun stuff seems to come more from talents and group bonus class mods.

They're all decent, and I've been playing Lilith mostly myself, but the bird is probably closer to the top as far as killing enemies goes (at 36 seconds it has the fastest default cooldown I think), with Roland and Lilith being a bit more tactical in use.

When you hit the bottom of Mordecai's tech tree, letting Bloodwing hit multiple targets, and have given him an elemental augment, Bloodwing tends to clear out a small bandit camp on his own.
All the abilities are amazing, but Bloodwing is a late bloomer.

Didn't find it that funny.

Which one of these guys is the guy on the box cover?

I thought it was hilarious, although I haven't got Borderlands :,(

Ninja Tank:

i just want a hawk with freakin lasers on its freakin head!
but the hawk is the best. fastest cool down for damage and when
you hit stuff it just explodes into money! go my Bloodwing!

Ninja Tank:

And bluetooth.

Everything's better with bluetooth.

We don't take kindly to your kind around here.

Finally...

A Stolen Pixel comic without Dr. Breen

Bah, my Bloodwing can outdamage even my upgraded critical sniper hits, AND it gives me a percentage of the damage back as health. AND it can be upgraded to attack more than once. It's an awesome ability with a fast recharge, so don't go dissing the bird. XD

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here