Review: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Review: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

If you're expecting your favorite Disney characters to have a cameo in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, think again.

Read Full Article

Even worse, in-game areas - though rendered quite beautifully considering the DS' D.O.A. 3D graphics capabilities - feel deserted and lonely.

Oh, yes. Oh god yes. This was one of the main reasons I didn't like this game nearly as much as the others. It's still one of the better DS games in my opinion, but it was really a disappointment compared to the other Kingdom Hearts games.

Uh, the story for another point of view.
Intersting ideia. Buuuut.... why DS? I think I will never get why they keep trying the Nintendo hardware. Original KH was made for the PS2 so why not make a chapter for the PSP? I'm sure it will probably look even slightly prettier.

Also, I don't have a DS... meh!

How good is the story? I'm a huge fan of the story of the Heartless and the Organization, but I won't get the game if it only has a weak, unimportant story to go with.

Aedes:
Uh, the story for another point of view.
Intersting ideia. Buuuut.... why DS? I think I will never get why they keep trying the Nintendo hardware. Original KH was made for the PS2 so why not make a chapter for the PSP? I'm sure it will probably look even slightly prettier.

Also, I don't have a DS... meh!

There is a prequel to all the Kingdom Hearts game coming out for the PSP titled: Birth by Sleep.

Also, I'm forced to watch gameplay videos on youtube of 358/2 since I'm not buying a DS solely for one game, I'm terribly addicted to the Kingdom Hearts storyline though hence...youtube.

I don't know if I could get into this. If it's the same environments as the PS2 version, but much lonelier.

Also, it sucks you have to unlock the co-op via finding a token in game.

ARGHHHHHH!
I knew i should of written a review quicker.
anyway, nice review!
I loved the game, the ending almost made me cry.
The only things i didnt like were the repetativeness of the missions and lack of summons.
But overall a great game.

Damn, I really like the kh series, but this game really sucked. It was so slowly paced and repetitive, and it feels like you never get to the good parts. I think I stopped played before day 100, and I didn't see Riku or anyone else once. I also thought this game was slightly unnecessary. I mean, in the previous games, the Organization was full of menacing, mysterious characters, and this game just rips off all of the suspense and makes them look like clowns.

I already beat this game 2 weeks ago but I still play it, the idea of being able to play kingdom hearts wherever I go never loses it's charm.

1. I was so pumped about this game because of dual-wield Roxas, only to find out you don't get to use it until the very last battle of the game. Grrr.

2. I don't know what I was expecting, but the story wasn't really anything that great. I mean, we all knew that Roxas was a member of Organization XIII, but then he left. This game explains how it all goes down... but there's not much to it really. Roxas just realizes they're a bunch of jerks, and then leaves. Everything you saw in Kingdom Hearts 2 was pretty much all there was to it, except for Xion, who was a total ass-pull. This game just made me want to play Kingdom Hearts 2 again, which I will.

i have been a fan of the series since it first started and so far the games have not disappointing me.

Sure it has its mistakes (like one of the most confusing story lines ever) but hey what game doesn't.

This game truly does feel solid, and the new level up mechanic is a pretty interesting, plus the ability to play as the other organization members will definitely please many fans.

werekitsune:
Damn, I really like the kh series, but this game really sucked. It was so slowly paced and repetitive, and it feels like you never get to the good parts. I think I stopped played before day 100, and I didn't see Riku or anyone else once. I also thought this game was slightly unnecessary. I mean, in the previous games, the Organization was full of menacing, mysterious characters, and this game just rips off all of the suspense and makes them look like clowns.

Thank God, I thought I was the only one that thought 358 sucked. Organization 13 is the biggest waste of characters I have ever seen and this game didn't change my mind about it. I like KH 2 and Chains of Memories but this game blows, I hope Birth by Sleep doesn't suffer the same crappy attention.

I quite liked this game, but it's no lie that I put it down and went back to Marvel Superhero Squad on my ds instead. Which should really be telling but when you're a cute Dr DOOOOOOM dying over and over again it becomes a strangely fulfilling experience.

still, kids game beat squenix rpg. rejoice

I really enjoyed this title, my only complaint is the lack of continuity with xion's hood

up down up down up down ....annouying

Birth by Sleep looks better since it's on the PSP and actually has disney characters.

Gigaguy64:
ARGHHHHHH!
anyway, nice review!
The only things i didnt like were the repetativeness of the missions and lack of summons.

i like the part where he was like "who am i gonna have ice cream with?"
i thought this was a great game! it took me 20 hours to beat it i think, (including dicking around for levels) nad now i have 63 1/2 hours.
oh, and for those who wanted to play this for dual wield, go into mission mode, and equip zero gear and 3 ability panels on roxas. you'll get your wish ;)

zekutsion:

Gigaguy64:
ARGHHHHHH!
anyway, nice review!

i thought this was a great game! it took me 20 hours to beat it i think, (including dicking around for levels) nad now i have 63 1/2 hours.
oh, and for those who wanted to play this for dual wield, go into mission mode, and equip zero gear and 3 ability panels on roxas. you'll get your wish ;)

sigh, that was a very depressing part.
I think the only reason i didnt cry was because i already knew it was going to happen, curse my knack for figuring out the ending in almost anything.
Im still going through all the missions in M Mode, sigh i want to play KH 2 so bad, i know im going to cry when i do.

This game was really fun in my opinion. The Story was a little strange but good anyways. I LOVED the fact that you could customize your abilities with the panel system. Multiplayer is pretty good, just gets annoying when your friends stop fighting a tough enemy to pick up those pointless mission points while your getting your butt kicked and handed to you.

Honestly the only thing that bugged me were some of the missions: I hate those emblems!!!

Gigaguy64:

zekutsion:

Gigaguy64:
ARGHHHHHH!
anyway, nice review!

I think the only reason i didnt cry was because i already knew it was going to happen, curse my knack for figuring out the ending in almost anything.
Im still going through all the missions in M Mode, sigh i want to play KH 2 so bad, i know im going to cry when i do.

Ahem: http://www.deviantart.com/download/145150012/_DAY_357_by_semokan.jpg

Exliam:

Gigaguy64:

zekutsion:

Ahem: http://www.deviantart.com/download/145150012/_DAY_357_by_semokan.jpg

;_;
Why would you do that.....
Poor Roxas....

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook