There Will Be Brawl: Episode Eight

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Darzen:
it's starfy...Hint:burnt to death.still very good episode.the whole almost godfather thing at the end was funny.

Ok where did you get that from?

My money is on Toon Link as the killer.

Honestly I was expecting to find Bowser in the sheets. His castle was just destroyed...

the killer: is it the Ice Climbers and Wario? The Ice Climbers were there right before Yoshi met his fate...

I'm honestly really surprised how good this is, Only started watching TWBB last night and was expecting another cringy parody show. I'm glad I was wrong, it's super. The production values are good too.

The last ep was fantastic, Can't wait to see the next.

lastoflancas:
3. Ice Climbers:

-Reason: All under Wario's orders. Wario would have started to start his own gang, but was pushed aside by other gangs. So, he ordered Ice Climbers to kill of the Dons. Incidentally, this promoted him to a police chief (notice how the Don killing stopped after his promotion).

=Possible way of killing: Hammer Tornado.. Probably..

>About today's killing: As a retaliation to his old nemesis, he orders to kidnap and kill Yoshi.

It's also possible that the Ice Climbers are working for someone else. In the ep where they go to Wario's house, and he mentions that he "doesn't let those freaks into his house", so they could be operating on their own when not around Wario... >.>

This show goes deep!

Yoshi --- no!

This thread has made me rage so hard so many times. Mostly because stupid people keep saying stupid things, but also because I just realized who the killer is.

:)

Almost everyone is a suspect at this point, I'm only wondering where toon link is?

YOSHIIIII! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

i hope shadow is in the next one :D

Not as brilliant as five but not as awful as four.

Good, though. Like, really good.

Yoshi, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still place my bet on Luigi as a killer.

I thought mario would be the star from episode 1. good to see him get some face time.

JesterRaiin:

He was elsewhere when Dedede was killed.

8-Bit_Jack:
This thread has made me rage so hard so many times. Mostly because stupid people keep saying stupid things, but also because I just realized who the killer is.

:)

So who do you think it is?

idiotsavant:

randommaster:
Holy crap. I'm going to go with everyone else and say that I'm surprised at all the people dying in this episode.

I really want to see what Gannondorf has been up to and how Olimar brings about the End of Days, considering that it's his Final Smash.

Also, I don't know who the killer is, but I really want to see how they set up the character, whoever it ends up being.

Olimar if connected with Ganondorf, right? So then perhaps Olimar used the End of Days to bring down Bowser castle, which would make sense seeing as it would leave Ganondorf as the last Don. (Not that I think Bowser is actually dead though). Plus, we haven't heard from Ganondorf in a while, which probably means hes been up to something. On the note of the killer's identity, I don't think that it would be Kirby, Ice Climbers, Wario, or the police. How this series has played out, I just have a hunch that whoever's behind it all will be completely unexpected. Although, I do agree with the idea that it was Metaknights corpse, and that Kirby is still out there. This series is a great, and I just know its going to end with a conclusion that will blow all of our minds.

I never though of Olimar using the Smash Ball on Bowser. The Ice Climbers might have been responsible for the death of Yoshi, though. I really want to se Bowser seeing as the rest of the Dons have been very well done.

TWBB creators matt mercer and zach grafton will be guests at MAGFest this january 1-4. Check out the thread: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.147140

Nice job, loved it, and I would cough up a lot for a dvd release

The body may have not been Kirby. You all foget MetaKnight is "MIA" maybe Kirby got out somehow and killed MetaKnight then took his clothes and burned the body. Without the clothes MetaKnight and Kirby look exactly alike, so maybe he just pulled a Hannibal on him and got out diguised as MetaKnight like Hannibal did to the one cop. Would continue making him more like Hannibal like before.

Geez.. the ending was creepy. I wish I could take this seriously, but Mario and his pals are the main characters... so probably not... or is that the joke? Also I never thought of Kirby pulling a "Hannibal" on Metaknight.

oppp7:

JesterRaiin:

He was elsewhere when Dedede was killed.

Continuity error. ;op

osirus1320:
The body may have not been Kirby. You all foget MetaKnight is "MIA" maybe Kirby got out somehow and killed MetaKnight then took his clothes and burned the body. Without the clothes MetaKnight and Kirby look exactly alike, so maybe he just pulled a Hannibal on him and got out diguised as MetaKnight like Hannibal did to the one cop. Would continue making him more like Hannibal like before.

Yeah just about everyone else has pointed that out, to the point where it would be excedingly boring if true. Though this doesn't explain the colour difference between the two.

Equalox:
why am i put on PROBATION ???

I take it you wrote as the first comment 'first'

Mattteus:

Equalox:
why am i put on PROBATION ???

I take it you wrote as the first comment 'first'

yes sir i have realized my mistake and it wont happen again

Ganon's yet to be revealed, but his only two appearances make him seem like kirby to me, talks but never has been shown doing anything.

I agree with many others who think MK died instead of kirby. I think Kirby will either remain mysterious, or he will go all out at one point and take out at least 3 characters on-screen. If there is some final battle as it was suggested by the end of the episode, I think captain falcon, fox and samus will die in battle. Fox because it completes all 3 dead space animals, captain falcon as there would be too many good guys left who remain alive or taking a bullet for pit, and samus because, after thinking the scene just before dedede died, samus pulled luigi out of the room making me feel she was ordered to make sure luigi doesn't see who killed dedede and to play along with the aftermath.

Not sure exactly about samus, but I'm picturing the last battle to have Ganon to wipe out a large amount of the cast, grabs a seriously injured samus, grabs her by the neck and says she's failed his orders and does a flamechoke ending her life, while a defenceless luigi witnesses all that at a distance.

I don't think Wario is directly responsible for any of the big incidents, but is responsible for the smaller acts such as selling out the info luigi and samus spilled to him and the probable murder of yoshi. To me he's got a LOT to offer to the bad guys, because he has a lot of information that he can sell to them. Like any greedy man, he sells out any secrets for his personal gain, but does not care about any large scale issues such as the fall of the mushroom kingdom.

I believe the story would be flawed if olimar has been given this much screen-time if he is irrelevant to the plot. He doesn't seem like he has connection to anyone, and only seems to be achieving his own personal goals that don't conflict with anybody else. However, I'm starting to think he may have had some connection to some murders. Perhaps he's been selling them pikmins to sadistic looking ice climbers.

Okay, Lakitu may have told the world that Bowser's castle is falling, or that MK is MIA, but have you people forgotten that the world that's depicted is dark and dying? It's corrupt and is probably full of lies. For all we know Lakitu may have been paid by someone else to make that announcement. That being said, anything Wario says is probably a load of bull. Trades information, but got nothing information about Ganondorf. Well yes if one doesn't know something, they don't know, but he responded as if he solely wanted more information without giving any back.

I'm honestly wondering why someone would stick bowser's head under mario's blanket. At first when I saw a big lump under the blanket I thought it was someone out to get mario. Before revealing that it was yoshi, I was thinking kirby, but kirby has nothing to do with mario so far, right? Plus I did hear a sound being made when mario got up and finally noticed something peculiar with the "thing".

So far, i'm thinking the ending of the series will best be concluded the same way most Saw movies end; the Antagonist dies, while an unexpected character working with the antagonist the whole time will be the last one standing. really I don't know, TWBB continues to suggest more and more possible outcomes, which is probably why it's been getting so much hype from each episode.

BenzSmoke:
Geez.. the ending was creepy. I wish I could take this seriously, but Mario and his pals are the main characters... so probably not... or is that the joke? Also I never thought of Kirby pulling a "Hannibal" on Metaknight.

Note the part "dark humor". Of course, this has some rather serious parts, but the idea is so hilarious that it's clearly not all serious.

Maybe the psycho killer has not kidnapped the princess but the hyrule crew (Link/zelda/ maybe ganon) did in their plan to take power and just put the blame on him. Or bowser took her (its always a fukinbowser) and they took the opportunity etc. so the killer is just killing on the side. does fit metaknight a bit.....

Also in SSBB the first baddy in the Solo game mode is that weird flying thing called

"Ancient Minister"

has anyone seen any references to him? Remember he drops the bomb in the stadium that mario and kirby fight in.

Ancient Minister is actually ROB with a cloak over him.
I wanna know where Toon Link is. I don't think we've seen him yet, and almost every other character I can think of has made at least a cameo. Does he not count because regular Link's there?

epsilon246:

lastoflancas:

1. Meta Knight:

-Reason 1: From the beginning and Kirby went rampant, Meta Knight had some insanity factor that were the same as Kirby (because he is Kirby on the inside). After his capture and Kirby's constant mind-fuck does the Meta Knight succumb to his natural instincts. Because he was SUPPOSED to guard Kirby, the police force didn't expect him to go out on his own or something. Then, killing followed.

-Reason 2: The whole thing is promoted Link/Zelda police force action and, incidentally or intentionally, Mario's downfall. Link orders Meta Knight, who has similar powers as Kirby, to perform those acts.

=Possible way of killing: Infinite slash, Tornado, Drill thing or take off his mask and do Kirby thing

>About today's killing: He sneaked out of hospital and did his thing. Ice Climbers were just monitoring Mario.

Only one problem, wario said meta-knight was mia missing-in-action. So silence of the lambs aproach wouldn't work. and to be honest is utterly predictable and boring.

Exactly. Because he is MIA, it is mostly likely that he has gone rogue (after Kirby's "suggestion") or, unknown to Wario, Link ordered Meta-Knight.

Thanks for clarification, I couldn't hear what exactly Wario was saying. I thought Wario said Meta-Knight was in hospital.

does anyone else notice that huge eye and face in the background near the beginning? When Link, Peach, Toadsworth, Mario and Luigi are having a meeting, there's a window behind Link (seen around the one minute mark when we have a head shot of Link) and there's a huge eye in it at some points and at other times there's a face. Hint, or lighting crew in the shot? either way, that huge eye reminds me of the eye of the eye guys in Kirby 64.

thermo1:
Or bowser took her (its always a fukinbowser) and they took the opportunity etc.

In the flashback, when the brothers and link were trying to catch a psycho killer (kirby) Mario was already exclaiming "its always a fukinbowser" so there's no more validation in that for me =p

....Dvd = ftw
hating mario = ftl
Can't wait for the next one.

I agree with everyone that there should be a DVD. I'd happily pay to watch this on a TV in high quality. Then I can subject all my friends to it!

Great episode, I love how the serious undertones are gaining strength!

Jiveturkey124:
Im Still saying Meta-knights the killer, hes the only one that fits the profile.

thats a good assumption; after all, hes on the force and hes been killing criminals (if hes the killer that is)
totally fits meta knight

Just wondering are there two or one episodes of "There Will Be Brawl" left?

There's 2. It said somewhere it's supposed to be a 10 episode series. Let's hope for a season 2 after this!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here