Unskippable: Borderlands

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Latinidiot:

Alias42:
Who is Master Blaster?

a very old Gameboy Game.
never thought anyone else had it. only seems logical, now i think about it.

*facepalm* Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome....you kids these days...

oh, and Master Blaster was originally an NES game

This cracked me up more the usual, with the nice soothing music in the background made the amusing jokes funny, and the waiting time between them rockin'.

Latinidiot:

Alias42:
Who is Master Blaster?

a very old Gameboy Game.

Actually I believe it's a very old NES game, and I only know that because my boyfriend is convinced he's the only person who has ever heard of it/played it, and therefore was just a delusional and made it up.

Also, I totally hadn't noticed that everyone else disappears when Mordecai does his whole knife bit while I was playing the game!

DJShire:

Latinidiot:

Alias42:
Who is Master Blaster?

a very old Gameboy Game.

Mad Max is one of the films that goes to the category: want to see, no time.

Why do I watch this show? I haven't laughed once, EVER!

Haha why did the dog thing cross the road? WHAM! It didn't. that and the Big America GTA IV reference made me laugh so hard. This episode has gotten me thinking... Do y'all get commissioned to do commentary on videos for advertising and such? what about the copyright issues and such, how does that work? Just idol curiosity really....

Is it just me, or was Borderlands one of these games that hide around forever and then just go "A-HA!" and jump out of a pile of other games?

...Um, I guess what I'm getting at here is I have literally not heard ANYTHING about this game up until a few weeks ago. No hype, nothing. And now, BAM! Every single game reviewing site is mentioning Borderlands somehow. It's creepy.

When I saw the bus driver, I just knew Roman joke was coming up. I wasn't disappointed. Fantastic work guys.

canadamus_prime:
"It's not Fallout, it's not Fallout" ...it's Fallout. Or rather a knock-off of Fallout. Although Fallout didn't Venus Fly-dogs. Still this game may be worth giving a try.
Good show.

It's really not a Fallout knock-off.

OT - I think Unskippable works better when you're ripping it out of bad cutscenes, and this fell on it's face because I think Borderlands has the best intro I've seen in a long time. Still, nice to know i wasn't the only person who thought Marcus was Roman Bellic...

LOL awsome episode. I dont know how you guys do it but every time I watch one of your videos I cant help myself but to either rent or buy the game, because you make it look so good. The only problem with this game is it's completly sold out. I have to play it. :(

I just have one question with your videos... How many times will you watch an given intro movie? and do they get old after watching them?

damn that was 2 questions, my bad.

DJShire:

Latinidiot:

Alias42:
Who is Master Blaster?

a very old Gameboy Game.

Two men enter, one man leave! I'm glad to see someone else has good taste in bad movies.

I knew the blood on the titlescreen thing was going to come up.

Awesome enough,though.

Sorry, this one kind of sucked :-/

Cortana joke was OK, the rest was not very funny.

MR T3D:
why does everyone not like the friends ringing you up on GTA.
its like you can't not metinon it.
still, these are SO MUCH BETTER when they're games you care about/are familiar with premise, IMO

Mostly because it happens both:
1. Too Damn Frequently.
2. During an Important Mission.

The fact that you lose points if you ignore them is even worse, though.

we're going to see big American tits with mu cousin Niko

women in the vault? They not going to be freash

awwww so cute
its likea venus fly trap
you wanna know why the dog crossed the road
*splat*
it didn't
LOL
now you got blood all over the titles

GrahamS:
Borderlands

Graham and Paul take a bus ride through the desert world of Pandora.

Watch Video

"you have to go to planet snugglefun for that." Awesome reference to the first episode guys. Keep up the good work.

Awesome as usual.
Too bad about the Roman joke though.
The first time I started up the game and saw that guy, i just KNEW you were going to make it.

"Now that's a knife." HAHAH nice crocodile dundee quote.

Alias42:
Who is Master Blaster?

Latinidiot:

a very old Gameboy Game.

No, he was from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Borderlands is a cross between Mad Max, a cell shader, and Diablo. In a gooood way. Aside from the match-making multiplayer. Which needs work.

TWO POINTS:

1) Borderlands is awesome and I love it and basically cannot stop playing it. I also love this intro. And I love Fallout (which I respect is very different from this game).

2) "Who runs Barter Town?" "Master Blaster runs Barter Town!" is a quote from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome and not a reference to any NES game.

Doug:
Borderlands is a cross between Mad Max, a cell shader, and Diablo. In a gooood way.

That's a great description!

Awesome video. The why did the dog cross the road joke was my favorite. Also, as said before, these videos are so much funnier when it's a game you play and enjoy.

Well now I know which character I have to love. "The Siren" that hot redhead.

Not your best episode but ok.

Haha.. entertaining. "This isn't Fallout.. This isn't Fallout.."

I thought that cutscene was pretty cool once it stopped the black and white bullshit.

It was funny at some points, but more like meh. You can't make a funny video about a cinematic, that is trying to be funny/silly.

I found that me and my friends were making somewhat identical jokes while we were playing.
Good video, just not as awesome as other unskippables

Alias42:
Who is Master Blaster?

For a moment, I thought they were referring to an even older NES game, Blaster Master.

*Mordechai pulls out knife*
Where did everyone else on the bus go?

I was wondering that myself...

I was predicting the dog/blood on the title joke, but I was a little surprised you didn't make a joke about "Final Destination Guarantee."

Don't think the episode worked as well as usual though, as
1) The cutscene is too short to make a good UnSkippable out of and
2) It already jokes around with itself.

That said, it was still OK, and I liked that you picked such a recent game.

Ok, now I'm certain I'm not the only person wondering why "women" would be in the Vault as well.

I'm surprised we didn't get a few moments with Claptrap, either.

I'm always so sad when I hear the broken ones crying and lying helpless on the floor, so I always make sure to repair them... and of course AFTER I repair them, I realize WHY they were laying broken and shot up on the floor in the first place.
"Look at me I'm dancin'! I'm DANCIN!"

ForgottenPr0digy:

women in the vault? They not going to be freash

It depends on what vault, Im still having dreams of vault 69.

What puzzles me is how they took the bus to another planet, in the desert.

I spat out my drink at the "american te-tees" part.

Mullahgrrl:

What puzzles me is how they took the bus to another planet, in the desert.

If this universe is as run-down, used and shoddy as it seems, it'd make more sense if they didn't move things like buses through space. Fuel is likely at a premium, and it'd take a lot to push a ship with that much additional mass.

The guy who does the bus driver's voice doesn't he sound like crazt clergyman from Half-Life 2???

"its time to see big American tits with Niko my cousin"
"I will be the homless man near your high school being all perverted"(or something close to that)

"wait where did everyone else on the bus go??"
"he has to pratice this a lot"
"after halo 3 Cortana couldn't get much work"
nice referecne back to TOO human and Dark sector
"*now that's a knife*"
*speaking in a Austrilian accent*
"so called so you can use him to build houses not as a worker buty as construction material"

good show
although it seems to make the game look even better
and it is great XD
currently level 47 hunter

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist: