Escapist News Network: New Dante's Inferno Marketing Tactic

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

XenoPenumbra:

jboking:

"Wow, 37 levels!""In a row!?" - Great Clerks reference

MAN, HOW DID I MISS THAT?! LOLZ

Yeah, this show is filled with a ton of great references. You have to really pay attention or you might miss a few.

Aww dam, was that the spokesperson or did the escapist get Dante in there? (for all of you that don't know, that's Dante from Clerks)

If I may ask, what is this thing about Yahtzee that people were mentioning back on page one? Did I miss something?

These shows are really growing on me, and it amuses me whenever I see more of the LRR cast popping up here - hearing Paul right at the end there got a laugh out of me before I even had time to process the humour of the actual words.

And to Kathleen - I, and it seems the majority of the internet, find you to be a very attractive and amazing woman. :D
But hey, if he swung that way I'd jump on Graham any day of the week. ;)

We all would do you Kathleen. Problem is you have to be accessible.

"Awww, thanks guys. No, but thank you; It means a lot."

ark123:
I like how blatantly this rips off Colbert's The Word. Kudos, it takes huge nuts to just steal a format.
Edit - That's unfair, it kinda rips off The Onion's format too.

As for Ark's comment about the format: Colbert's formula is a parody of MSNBC's ridiculous un-professional slapdash "15 items or less" coverage of people it sides against. The Onion you mentioned in your edit is much closer to the ENN format.

Dang, just wasted 10 min on a non-consequential nitpicking post. Look at me still talking while...

I'm out.

Not a single person picked up on the hiring the guy from Clerks instead of "shipping random shit to game journalists." That is where the Yahtzee rickroll was referenced, if at all. They were probably expecting us to expect that, so they went subtle.

"We'd all do you."

That's something about human sexuality I'll never understand. We'd all be willing to do a good looking female, but very few people would be willing to do a average male. It's like a biological barrier designed to make all of humanity miserable. There's more women than men in the world, after all. Why does the fairer sex seem so picky?

Yepp. Rips off The onion, and Jon Stuart and this hour has 22 min and the Word, and the list goes on and on and on... Were months into this series. Get over it.

I love this series. Always gets a laugh out of me.
Keep it coming.

azazcyh:
I have to agree, that ending was the best one so far.

"Does she have a sister?"
"Oohhh."
"No."
"Awww."

Keep it up!

yep epic quote is epic XD..
keep up the good work..

neuromantic:
If I may ask, what is this thing about Yahtzee that people were mentioning back on page one? Did I miss something?

EA sent Yahtzee a box that when opened started playing "Never Gonna Give You Up" By Rick Astley. Closing the box didn't help as it kept playing so Yahtzee smashed it to get to the sound box and destroy it. Inside was a note that went something like "You have sucumed to Wrath, go to Hell" or something like that.

Anyway, how did you get Brian O'Halloran? Is he the kind of guy you just ring up and say "Hey want to be in my Internet video?" I'd like to be that well connected. All I can do is ring up celebrities and call them names before hanging up and giggling.

You guys pick the best words!

ark123:
I like how blatantly this rips off Colbert's The Word. Kudos, it takes huge nuts to just steal a format.
Edit - That's unfair, it kinda rips off The Onion's format too.

Oh fail.

That's the point; They all stole it from CNN.

I approve. I also wish them good luck in keeping it flowing, natural and funny.

Jesus i was so happy when it turned out to be dante from clerks!

FROGGEman2:
That's the point; They all stole it from CNN.

I love you.

Love it more and more with each episode, this one has some particularly bright gems but they've been quoted and referenced far too much already! ^.^

Fantastic stuff ladies and gentlemen!

Add me to the list of people that thought the ending was brilliant and the rest was mediocre.

I would totally do Kathleen.

JazzJack:
I knew I wasn't weird when I thought Kathleen DeVere was hot

I think so too. Hell, I'd do Kathleen in a heartbeat.

i think everyone would do you

great episode

I would totally play a Dirty Jobs FPS, but only if Mike Rowe did his own voice acting.

This news report was pretty cool, didn't really learn anything about Dante's Inferno but got some laughs.

what I find really funny is Graham actually *has* been doing Kathleen. They've been involved with each other now for years! When are you two gonna get hitched anyway?

37? Damn, that's too many for me...

How did they get Brian O'Halloran to be on thier show? Dude, I wish I saw him in more movies, he is awesome.

Also I was serious ROFL when I heard the "in a row?" reference.

For everyone who hasn't seen Clerks:

Terramax:
I love how they got Brian O'Halloran in this episode. I was NOT expecting that. I was expecting a referrence to Yahtzee's recent gift from EA.

And I'd do you too Kathleen DeVere!

(sorry if that offends anyone)

EDIT:

Woem:
"In a row?!"

That was naughty.

Damn, just got that.

bit slow............does she have a sister LOL

Jon Etheridge:
Holy Shit! Brian O'Halloran in ENN!! I gotta say, I didn't see that coming. Keep up the goodness. :)

Excately, My allotment of one epic win a week has easily gone to LLR/ENN.

these are good...you are the best new edition to the escapist and are making me come back again and again

At least we can feel better knowing Dante's the 37th one.

Brian O'Halloran!? Nice! Are you ever going to enlighten us as to how you got him to do this? Did the escapist pull some strings? or was it just a matter of calling him?
This is still the best ENN imo (yes, i've seen the next one by now)

Sherlock/:
Brian O'Halloran!? Nice! Are you ever going to enlighten us as to how you got him to do this? Did the escapist pull some strings? or was it just a matter of calling him?
This is still the best ENN imo (yes, i've seen the next one by now)

He was at GameX this year.And i guess getting famous people to do stuff like this no problem.

GrahamS:
Just for reference, again, the show that inspired this series (in spirit and format) is a Canadian show called "This Hour Has 22 Minutes"
We love The Onion, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, but those weren't the really inspiration. Sure there's influence there, I'm not going to lie, but saying we "ripped off" a format is a little harsh, considering it's not new.
If anything, ENN is more like SNL's Weekend Update.
Just saying.

Sadly, I tried looking for some clips of "22 Minutes" on YouTube to show you, but only the skits gets posted, none of the actual newsdesk bits are there. But trust me!

Oh Graham i trust ya! but i like it better when Rick Mercer was on the show

Jaranja:
The Ending always cracks me up.

QFT! I liked this one's ending a lot! :D So awkward, so funny. Paul's voice seems to be spot on for that line.

what is that ghost game? is it real? My friends are totally freaked out by ghosts and I have a DSi. It seems perfect.

I LOVED THE GENERIC CLERK GUY!! Because he acted like he knew everything but in reality he didnt know jack shit and it cracked me up because thats how i see 90% of the gaming comunity now haha! PERFECT PORTRAYAL THAT WAS AWESOME!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here