Zero Punctuation: Washington DC

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 NEXT

DayDark:

PurpleRain:

I find it sort of amusing how at the end of the day, you're sticking up for a video of a man standing in front of buildings and making observations of them.

yeah, it's almost as funny as being butt hurt by the same video, because one had a subjective idea about how funny it was, even though the video states at the beginning why it's different.

It really wasn't funny nor needed. I watch Unskippable to see people making humourous musings over game movies, I watch Doomsday Arcade to watch a series of two guys make game related jokes and I watch Zero Punctuation to get game reviews. I don't watch ZP to get people talking about buildings on a road trip so I can see where all the anguish from his followers come from. People have the right to be upset. It wasn't the humour he usually gives.

actually it was funny, and needed. It's needed because it's shows why there aren't another review up, while still being humorous, as a generous compensation. He could have stopped the video after the "fuck you" statement, he could even have made a single written statement, "no video this week, I'm in DC", and that would have been suffice. I really don't care for the reasons why you watch stuff, they aren't universal. I watch it all because it's good fun and gaming related. My world doesn't come crashing down because it was different due to a little vacation, it certainly wont be worth commenting on, even if I had been bored. It's a single deviation from his usual form, not like he changed genre forever. You didn't buy a ticket when you started the video, and you could have stopped it any time. You lost nothing, you're just acting spoiled.

Umm, I really don't understand what you're arguing? I got bored and turned it off. I'm just telling you why people are angry at him and yet you still want to be on the fight?
My point about it not being needed also went over your head. It is a review show and not a travel show. It is not needed as no one says to themselves 'gee, I hope Yahtzee travels around the globe today.' I understand what you are saying, but it is far off from my point. It's like watching Dragon Ball Z then getting one episode where they teach you to cook. It's not apart of the show. ZP is a review show. People want reviews. Yahtzee did do this a while back but he didn't gives us a travel journal. He gave us some writings which filled a gap until he got the show back.

So basically, I'm just showing you why people are mad. I am not mad. I have more things to do so instead I switched it off and went on with them. So, reading through comments I saw how angry you are with people's opinions so I thought I might explain them to you. Now you are attacking me. Might I go slower for you so you can catch that again?

PurpleRain:

DayDark:

PurpleRain:

I find it sort of amusing how at the end of the day, you're sticking up for a video of a man standing in front of buildings and making observations of them.

yeah, it's almost as funny as being butt hurt by the same video, because one had a subjective idea about how funny it was, even though the video states at the beginning why it's different.

It really wasn't funny nor needed. I watch Unskippable to see people making humourous musings over game movies, I watch Doomsday Arcade to watch a series of two guys make game related jokes and I watch Zero Punctuation to get game reviews. I don't watch ZP to get people talking about buildings on a road trip so I can see where all the anguish from his followers come from. People have the right to be upset. It wasn't the humour he usually gives.

actually it was funny, and needed. It's needed because it's shows why there aren't another review up, while still being humorous, as a generous compensation. He could have stopped the video after the "fuck you" statement, he could even have made a single written statement, "no video this week, I'm in DC", and that would have been suffice. I really don't care for the reasons why you watch stuff, they aren't universal. I watch it all because it's good fun and gaming related. My world doesn't come crashing down because it was different due to a little vacation, it certainly wont be worth commenting on, even if I had been bored. It's a single deviation from his usual form, not like he changed genre forever. You didn't buy a ticket when you started the video, and you could have stopped it any time. You lost nothing, you're just acting spoiled.

Umm, I really don't understand what you're arguing? I got bored and turned it off. I'm just telling you why people are angry at him and yet you still want to be on the fight?
My point about it not being needed also went over your head. It is a review show and not a travel show. It is not needed as no one says to themselves 'gee, I hope Yahtzee travels around the globe today.' I understand what you are saying, but it is far off from my point. It's like watching Dragon Ball Z then getting one episode where they teach you to cook. It's not apart of the show. ZP is a review show. People want reviews. Yahtzee did do this a while back but he didn't gives us a travel journal. He gave us some writings which filled a gap until he got the show back.

So basically, I'm just showing you why people are mad. I am not mad. I have more things to do so instead I switched it off and went on with them. So, reading through comments I saw how angry you are with people's opinions so I thought I might explain them to you. Now you are attacking me. Might I go slower for you so you can catch that again?

hey nerds, i do believe yahtzee said if you didn't like it, f*ck you

i'm sure he has much better paying career options than entertaining you twats every week so enjoy it while it lasts, if you don't want to watch a ep that deviates from the norm content then don't.

oh, one more thing, every single one of you pays $0.00 for this content, are you all really that retarded your going to complain about content provided to you for free???

This week, Zero Punctuation has been replaced by Mostly Punctuation. Who gave Yahtzee Xanax?

northy179:
hey nerds, i do believe yahtzee said if you didn't like it, f*ck you

i'm sure he has much better paying career options than entertaining you twats every week so enjoy it while it lasts, if you don't want to watch a ep that deviates from the norm content then don't.

oh, one more thing, every single one of you pays $0.00 for this content, are you all really that retarded your going to complain about content provided to you for free???

Nice first post. But I do believe you both missed my point and are telling me facts that are completely obvious and useless to the argument. Welcome to the Escapist though.

Ogoid:

...So, expressing a negative opinion = acting like a bastard? Okay then...

...I guess.

No, acting like a bastard, is acting like bastard, you signed up so you could act like you're entitled to something, or act like you didn't hear the warning right at the start of the video, or defend people that didn't hear the warning. It's not that you're expressing a negative opinion, it's that it's based on crap, you can still express a crappy opinion, but don't expect people to respect it then. After all, people are also allowed to find your reasons for your opinion ridiculous.

No, in fact I felt compelled to sign up because it shocked me that people actually feel the need to swear and call people names for expressing their disliking of something that came as a complete surprise to everyone - just like your own oh-so-polite post.

Complete surprise? the video is tagged with "road trip" "Washington DC", The descriptions tells about him visiting Washington DC, and in the first few seconds he explains that there's no video this week.

And those can't possibly be your reasons for signing up, or else you would have signed up sooner, Either this is your first time watching zero punctuation, you think this is the first time zero punctuation has resulted in swearing and name calling? you're late to the party. Check out some of the other video threads, you've got your hands full.

PurpleRain:

If you did that then why are you even arguing? I know why their angry, and I think their reasons are ridiculous.

My point about it not being needed also went over your head. It is a review show and not a travel show. It is not needed as no one says to themselves 'gee, I hope Yahtzee travels around the globe today.' I understand what you are saying, but it is far off from my point.

Yet he stated right at the beginning that this was not gonna be a review, not only that, but zero punctuation is comedy before review, this is not the first time something else is on the menu. It's not always reviews, but it's always comedy. You expected a review, a few seconds into the video you get a statement that it's not another review, and why it's not another review. boom, your viewing should have ended right there, you know it's not another review, you know why it's not another review.

You go to your favorite place where you used to get a pizza, but they say that today they only have burgers, you order a burger, and complain it isn't pizza, which I feel is just being an ass.

If you're not mad, then you should have stayed out of it, you invited yourself, and I know why people are mad, it's sweet of you to care, and your concern is duly noted, but really, I got this, and I haven't attacked you. You walked into the line of fire if anything. By the way, please go slower, maybe I'm not catching it.

CMon:

ejb626:
I live right outside a Washington and the next time I'm on the mall I'll point out all the stuff the big....egg that is the white house the big.....cake that is the capital and of course the phallic Washington Monument but I knew that one beforehand.

Well I'm sure he wanted to point out how the white house looks like a...female...breast...

...though I don't see how that's less appropriate than calling the Washington Monument a penis.

Yeah I know did you watch the joke was I believe that he would build-up so that you thought it was going to be a sexual jokes and then make it something completly unsexual for instance with the monument "The Washington Monument its big and round with a little thing on the top kind of like a big.................cake, I like cake"

tl;dnr.

Desert Tiger:
It was either this or "There will be no Zero Punctuation this Wednesday". Which would you prefer? Stop whining and realise you're not obligated to watch.

Quite. Funny how worked up people get about such pathetic things. And for that matter Yahtzee and the Escapist arn't obliged to provide Zero Punctuations, seeing as none of us are paying for them or anything!

ben you am epic, and guys so what he deviated from the game review, he is epic, and it was great to hear some great british humor for a change "time share pussy", i was in stiches. keep it up lol.

goldenheart323:

RagingScottsman:
For those of you too stupid to catch on, it would appear the man took a vacation. Get over it and realize you're lucky to have a video at all. Dumb, pretentious bastards pretending that they're owed something. For fuck's sake ,people...

This is for those of you who are "too stupid" to understand why anyone would be mad at Yahtzee. He starts his video by saying "Fuck you" to all of us. That right there's enough reason for anyone to be mad at him.Is that concept really too difficult for some of you to understand? If someone says "Fuck you," you don't say "Oh, well thank-you very much for still speaking to me."

Imagine if you went to a restaurant for a meal, ordered a nice big hamburger, and the waiter instead brought you a plate of bones and grissel and said "The cook took the day off. He said anyone who wanted him to work today can fuck off. Oh, and give him this plate of crap too." Would you be all "Oh, well good for him. He deserves it. Thank-you very much. MMmmm... This grissel is very well seasoned. I'm quite grateful for it."?

Yahtzee acted like a jerk, so don't be surprised when people get mad at him. You really make yourselves look like HUGE Yahtzee fanboys by defending him like this. (That's putting it VERY mildly and very politely.) It would've been a whole other situation if he'd started his video with "You may've noticed I'm in DC. I'm on a road trip, so I haven't been able to make a ZP episode. In fact, I barely had time to make the following video. It's nothing but a bunch or random ramblings, but it's all I could manage this week. I hope you enjoy it."

But no. He started off with "Fuck you," so a lot of people are saying "fuck you" right back. It's not rocket science people.

Have you ever heard Yahtzee refer to his audience with: "Sorry sorry sorry, I'm away this week, can you please forgive me?" No, that would be nice. Part of why we watch his reviews is that he is one of the few people that draw otherworldly enjoyment from being dicks. Basically because he knows that calling us all idiots (which he did a few weeks ago) will only increase his traffic and his cynical personality is the reason why his reviews are popular.

I'm pretty sure that the people that perceived the "fuck you" as rude or hateful either just discovered ZP or have self-esteem issues. It happens roughly every week. We're all repeatedly called tools, morons, drooling retards, and in most cases he just uses it because Insulting, Swearing, and the Words "Dick" and "Pants" Are Funny. At least today he had a reason ("No, I haven't done my chores because I've been sleeping in a car for the last week. Fuck you, stop acting like my mom").

I completely understand all the bitching (in fact, I hereby announce that I, too, am disappointed, largely because the lack of my weekly ZP fix makes me unreasonable), but I'm extremely glad that even a negative response garnered such overwhelming traffic.

I can't see a quick post of "In DC, ZP will continue next week" hoarding 460 comments. And Yahtzee could have made a 3-hour video of him drooling on the back seat, since it doesn't really matter - we'll all still be right here next week. Don't deny it. -.-

EDIT: Ah yes, the video. I haven't seen such a fine specimen of filler vulgaris since the whole of Buffy Season 7. Great job on being consistent. Live Yahtzee making random observations and inappropriate sick-people jokes is better than "come back next week."

I suppose a lot of people are thinking: "What do you mean, Yahtzee is a biological entity with an actual normal speaking voice? Witchcraft!"
Yeah, he should be more considerate; he just disappointed a lot of people by not being an untouchable deity of dick jokes that lives in the internet and reviews at the speed of thought. You know, they looked up to you...

At first I was wondering what game 'Washington DC' is...

is it just me or did those monuments seem like a rip off of British ones XD

SICK0_ZER0:

Uh, yeah, too. I was only waiting for someone to say it so that I don't feel stupid alone.

Could have been, what do I know? I barely keep up with world news. Apparently, slavery has been outlawed and nobody bothered to inform me.

SICK0_ZER0:

I was thinking the same thing...

Also, there's like twice as much posts on this thread as Yahtzee usually gets. I think I failed to realize how dashingly handsome he is.

Awesome video; you were relatively close to where I live.
That shot of the Washington Monument made me think of Achmed the Dead Terrorist: "It looks more like a tribute to Bill Clinton."

enchantermon:
Awesome video; you were relatively close to where I live.
That shot of the Washington Monument made me think of Achmed the Dead Terrorist: "It looks more like a tribute to Bill Clinton."

Yes, compare yet another thing to that puppet comedian who struggles to make up new content.

OT: It was like a home movie, but entertaining.

Not bad. I personally did not finish the video cuz I wasn't laughing my ass off like I usually am...,it's just something I've come to expect.

yes yes ben im sorry but i was and im sorry for getting you in the eye it was an accident can you ever forgive me :(

(ps. i wasn't realy but i was thinking about it teehee jk)

Yes. British humour in the heart of "capitol" america. Love it. Washington Monument = giant cock an balls. Love it. Not disappointed at all to see him delve into american superiority complex No. 1. "The white house has lots of columns"

And besides that? It has fuck all......

Good times, keep it up, next week review L.A. I can imagine you'd have a lot to say on the holywood-americana side of life.

From a scottish cunt, fucked out his brains after returning from the pub on a thursday night

Yahtzee for president, prime minister and general ruler of thew world mach 1.

6:59 of wasted non-entertaining drivel. Looking forward to a proper review next week.

Now we take you back to your regular scheduled forum abuse

Seneschal:

Have you ever heard Yahtzee refer to his audience with: "Sorry sorry sorry, I'm away this week, can you please forgive me?" No, that would be nice. Part of why we watch his reviews is that he is one of the few people that draw otherworldly enjoyment from being dicks. Basically because he knows that calling us all idiots (which he did a few weeks ago) will only increase his traffic and his cynical personality is the reason why his reviews are popular.

I'm pretty sure that the people that perceived the "fuck you" as rude or hateful either just discovered ZP or have self-esteem issues. It happens roughly every week. We're all repeatedly called tools, morons, drooling retards, and in most cases he just uses it because Insulting, Swearing, and the Words "Dick" and "Pants" Are Funny. At least today he had a reason ("No, I haven't done my chores because I've been sleeping in a car for the last week. Fuck you, stop acting like my mom").

...snip...

No, I haven't. On the other hand, I've never seen an occasion that would warrant him saying that. Also, I said he could've been more polite about it. I didn't say he should be a sniveling suck-up to his audience. There is a big difference between those. What other occasion has he called his entire audience "tools, morons, drooling retards"? I remember him saying things like "If you think_____ then you're a moron" or "If you like _____ then you're a drooling retard". I don't remember any blanket insults directed to his entire audience. If he did, he said it too quickly for me to catch it. I enjoy his reviews because he rips games to shreds and hates on morons, not because he's a general douche.

Lastly, if he were to say something absurd, like "If you wanted a new episode this week followed by a shoe polish and foot massage, then fuck you. Quit acting like my father!" it would be a joke. But no. He said, quite plainly, "We just got back from the game expo, so if you were expecting a ZP this week, then fuck you." We had a reasonable expectation, and he told us to fuck off for it. If he intended that as a joke, he failed miserably. He sounded quite serious. Don't mistake a poorly executed joke for self-esteem issues in the audience.

DayDark:
If you did that then why are you even arguing? I know why their angry, and I think their reasons are ridiculous.

Because sometimes, people forget the definition of arguing.

DayDark:
Yet he stated right at the beginning that this was not gonna be a review, not only that, but zero punctuation is comedy before review...

And yet his dozens of reviews previous and what began ZP on fullyramblomatic begs otherwise.

I don't feel like watching this :(

Maybe tomorrow, at an earlier time... maybe it's just 'cos I'm tired, but this seems like a pointless idea to me.

PurpleRain:

Because sometimes, people forget the definition of arguing.

Then maybe you should go talk to those people instead of me, I'm not discussing the definition of arguing, nor have I forgotten it. First you think my issue was that I don't know why some people have negative opinions, instead of exactly knowing the reason, and finding some of them based on stupid stuff, as well as people signing up, not because something was good, not because something was funny, interesting, learning, but to contribute with nothing but "this was boring more reviews please", no shit, I got here to see a review as well, but that expectation ended even before I saw the video, because of the description of the video, and "Washington DC" in the title, not only that, but the screenshot didn't show the usual animated figures.

Even if it hadn't already given me a clue about the content, then it would have when he explained that this wasn't a review, and WHY it wasn't a review, luckily I don't watch ZP for reviews only, and it is not the first time that it's not a review, if you, or any other somehow still found this surprising, then you need to pay more attention, maybe it because of how fast you are, I'm sure things can get blurry at your speeds, since now you think I've forgotten what arguing is, I don't even know why you brought that up, try slowing down some more.

And yet his dozens of reviews previous and what began ZP on fullyramblomatic begs otherwise.

And yet his deviations suggests different as well. Wauw, This was nice, I'm glad we had this discussion, now we have established that we can expect reviews and occasional deviations, which state what they are before one clicks on the video, if not also in the very first few seconds of the video, all of them funny, though apparently not always for everyone.

What was that... U could have at least made it funny...

Har har har har, do people always get this mad in Zero Punctuation threads? Maybe I should read past the "first!" banned idiots more often...

I'd add how I found it entertaining and stuff, but why bother? Everyone already knows that there is a whole fucking fanbase - look around.

I never realised how full of sexual innuendos DC was ^^

Captial Building is a giant boob and the Washington Moument is a penis.

Is it just me or did anyone else watch that and think Fallout3 xP

Please, please, don't ever do that again, Yahtzsee. It was very bad, even worse than if there was no ZP.
If you want to make a separate series of video with your actual face in it, do so, but do not put ANY of them in the ZP place. The ZP place are for videos that have a higher level of funny than improvised jokes.

Wow... i can't believe how much arguing there was about this weeks 'review'. Sure we would have liked the normal review more, but it's in the PAST. He's not going to remove this video, nor do another review this week so why bother? You're hardly going to change some other persons opinion over the internet in this forum. I think Yahtzee would have gotten the point on the first page so i mean... calm down please?

Oh there i go, trying to change other peoples' mind over the internet.......... carry on....

Pretty funny video.

But the most amusing thing are the hordes of personalized pixels who think their opinion (this one sucked, I want a good ZP next week) actually matters.

That's the real fun!

goldenheart323:

RagingScottsman:
For those of you too stupid to catch on, it would appear the man took a vacation. Get over it and realize you're lucky to have a video at all. Dumb, pretentious bastards pretending that they're owed something. For fuck's sake ,people...

This is for those of you who are "too stupid" to understand why anyone would be mad at Yahtzee. He starts his video by saying "Fuck you" to all of us. That right there's enough reason for anyone to be mad at him.Is that concept really too difficult for some of you to understand? If someone says "Fuck you," you don't say "Oh, well thank-you very much for still speaking to me."

Imagine if you went to a restaurant for a meal, ordered a nice big hamburger, and the waiter instead brought you a plate of bones and grissel and said "The cook took the day off. He said anyone who wanted him to work today can fuck off. Oh, and give him this plate of crap too." Would you be all "Oh, well good for him. He deserves it. Thank-you very much. MMmmm... This grissel is very well seasoned. I'm quite grateful for it."?

Yahtzee acted like a jerk, so don't be surprised when people get mad at him. You really make yourselves look like HUGE Yahtzee fanboys by defending him like this. (That's putting it VERY mildly and very politely.) It would've been a whole other situation if he'd started his video with "You may've noticed I'm in DC. I'm on a road trip, so I haven't been able to make a ZP episode. In fact, I barely had time to make the following video. It's nothing but a bunch or random ramblings, but it's all I could manage this week. I hope you enjoy it."

But no. He started off with "Fuck you," so a lot of people are saying "fuck you" right back. It's not rocket science people.

I feel the need to address this. Normally I wouldn't, but I'm only halfway through my first cup of coffee. That being said...

I'm hardly a Zero Punctuation fan-boy. I'm merely an individual who personally can't give two shits if someone says "fuck you" to me. This phrase has become almost commonplace greeting amongst me and my friends. I might just be desensitized to it, but I hardly see the advantage in getting all butt-hurt over someone saying it to me. I rather think it to be a funny phrase and anyone who uses it to seriously insult someone drastically needs to expand their vocabulary(as we know is not the case with Mr.Croshaw). If he wanted to genuinely anger people, I believe he could be far more creative than that.

Ok, now for your point with the restaurant metaphor. I'm sorry, but this one is just such a comedic exaggeration that it's hard to take seriously. I realize now as I type this that I should just stop because I'm obviously not speaking to an individual who is capable of logical linear thought or else surely you could see the one huge, critical flaw with the whole thing. I would assume that at said restaurant that you would be paying for said meal. You get zero punctuation for free. That's right, every single week you get to enjoy the rantings and ramblings of Yahtzee on the escapist for not a single fucking penny. Say you walked into a restaurant and were pleasantly surprised that the steak was amazing. Then you had the even better surprise that the whole thing was free, and what's more, you were invited back once a week for the same meal. So once a week you go and enjoy your slab of beef until after a couple of years, one week they don't have steak. Instead they have grilled cheese and a light flick to the nose. Maybe not wonderful, but you'd be quite the ass-hole to complain too much when they've been feeding you for free for so long and you know the steak will be back next week. There's your metaphor, sir. I would recommend that next time you actually check that it makes sense next time.

In conclusion, I would put it to you that it is you who is the fan-boy. Understand that I am by no means defending Yahtzee; he's a big boy and is quite capable of doing it himself. I simply am easily aggravated by people who fail to think before they speak(or type). You on the other hand go straight to rage when your precious ZP doesn't deliver as you think it should. You get your little feelings hurt when you find out Mr.Croshaw might not love you. You take it as a personal attack when he's not all warm and cuddly with his fan-base. Please, for the sake of all those who read your drivel; grow-up.

Spinozaad:
Pretty funny video.

But the most amusing thing are the hordes of personalized pixels who think their opinion (this one sucked, I want a good ZP next week) actually matters.

That's the real fun!

Couldn't agree more. Glad someone else can see the stupidity in all of this.

Seneschal:

goldenheart323:

RagingScottsman:

I completely understand all the bitching (in fact, I hereby announce that I, too, am disappointed, largely because the lack of my weekly ZP fix makes me unreasonable), but I'm extremely glad that even a negative response garnered such overwhelming traffic.

I can't see a quick post of "In DC, ZP will continue next week" hoarding 460 comments. And Yahtzee could have made a 3-hour video of him drooling on the back seat, since it doesn't really matter - we'll all still be right here next week. Don't deny it. -.-

EDIT: Ah yes, the video. I haven't seen such a fine specimen of filler vulgaris since the whole of Buffy Season 7. Great job on being consistent. Live Yahtzee making random observations and inappropriate sick-people jokes is better than "come back next week."

I suppose a lot of people are thinking: "What do you mean, Yahtzee is a biological entity with an actual normal speaking voice? Witchcraft!"
Yeah, he should be more considerate; he just disappointed a lot of people by not being an untouchable deity of dick jokes that lives in the internet and reviews at the speed of thought. You know, they looked up to you...

Haha... Yes, pretty much all of this. Good to see someone came to my defense while I was away. Now they have another reply to address. Nicely executed beat-down indeed.

*high-five*

Yahtzee is not my trained game-reviewing monkey. For all of you people who are calling him out for not posting a review, voicing your INTENSE SOUL-CRUSHING DISAPPOINTMENT, think about who really needs who, here. He doesn't need you to like him. He started doing this on YouTube by himself before he ever had any viewers, and now that he's gotten enough time to go to America like he's always talked about wanting to, you all shut him down and bitch about how he's not reviewing your favorite game.

How old are you people?

im fairly anti-pc but this even offended me a bit, seriously man you cant make jokes about cancer and stuff its just not on, maybe they have different rules on what your allowed to say in australia but in the vast maijority of countries (i live in britain fyi) your just not allowed to make jokes about breast cancer and stuff, sometimes you have to let political correctness win

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here