Zero Punctuation: Washington DC

Pages PREV 1 . . . 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 NEXT

awesomeClaw:
Well, Mr. Croshaw. This is the first time ever, and i mean EVER you´ve disapointed me. Hell, i would´ve freaking had a clip show instead of that. It saddens me to say this, since i love Zero Punctuation. This video was nothing but pure, good ol´fashion CRAP. I hope the next episode doesn´t turn out like this.

be quiet child

get a life, watch something else, go outside for a change!

Mans allowed to take a holiday every once in a while

:D

jthm:

protogenxl:

jthm:

protogenxl:
You need to experience the true America.

Find the nearest Sonic Drive-In or Cracker Barrel and go there.

That's about as "real america" as Swiss cheese. Go to the nearest ghetto scene and make random hand signs. That's real America for you.

"ghetto scene" only make up a small percentage of the country.

Not where I live. There are a lot more people packed into or near urban ghettos than there are people living in the manner Cracker Barrel or Sonic would have you believe.

But you're right. If you want real America, just go to any McDonalds in any country and swallow some of the same bland, unhealthy fried shit we eat here. We keep exporting our monoculture anyway. You can get the "real" America almost anywhere in the world.

The Hills

Head for Them

I know you don't wanna hear this Yahtzee, but this was extremely LAME. And yes, the truth hurts.

Put it on your facebooksterspace or whatever, but it doesn't belong here. This is NOT what we come back for.

I know, I know, you took a risk and tried something different. Fine, I can appreciate that. But it didn't work, so let's move on. If someone on your team tells you otherwise, fire them now!

Folks, let's not be too harsh, because everyone makes a mistake sometimes. But only a moron makes it twice. What's your next move, Yahtzee?

What, would you rather he post no video at all? He's got better things to do when he's on vacation than waste leisure time making reviews for us.

Hell he could say, "Well, since you're all being twits I'll just stop making videos period." and pull the plug. Give him a break.

OT: The end was the best part in my opinion.
I lol'd.

Yes, if he's on vacation or for whatever reason couldn't produce another video, then he shouldn't post anything at all.

I don't know about you, but if my local bar told me that this week they will serve piss instead of beer, then I'd rather go home and not drink for a week :)

I couldn't even watch the whole thing. I'd rather sit through make-up tips on YouTube, THAT'S how bad it was.

I'm not disappointed that there was no game review this week... I'm disappointed that this wasn't a review. When the credits were over i was really excited by the idea of yahtzee actually REVIEWING washington DC. As in, critiquing it. That would have been hilarious.
Unless someone already has (I don't have time to read 15 pages of comments), I move that yahtzee actually review a city sometime. Or pretty much anything that does not inherently invite critique. If someone HAS made such a motion, i second it.

Nice shot there cowboy...

That was hilarious.

J-Alfred:
Edit: I'm actually surprised no Fallout 3 jokes were made.

Yeah, me too! I was waiting for it, but it never happened! I suppose they thought they filled their Fallout 3 quota already, and didn't want to go over. :(

Damn, I was in DC this week. I've been on holiday in America for the past 3 weeks or so. Actually, I swear I saw someone who looked very similar while I was there...

I don't understand why everybody thinks this video is shit and qq for a game review. Though the jokes weren't "the best ever" I can honestly say I actually "lol'd" at a lot of them, and what he did in the car. It was funny and I enjoyed it, even if others didn't.

Thoric485:
Sooo next week Torchlands: Origins?

I see what you did there.. clever.

Well that was really really bad.. where do I rate it 0 our of 10?

YukoValis:
you needed a break anyway :) Yahtzee is on vacation! If you don't like it you can piss off. Welcome to the states Yahztee I hope you guys had fun.

Yathzee resents you more for trying to act his boy-toy than me for telling him the truth. ***.

I can't believe I missed this.

I live there.

What was the point of censoring this video?

You guys are lame for whining about no review, I was disappointed too but obviously if hes in the US hes probably a little busy, he puts a solid amount of work into each episode and i doubt he can do it on a laptop in the car. We should be happy we get to watch his work each week for free.

Wow, what a bunch of fucking ingrates. Are you all the same people that bitch when that "free" movie you downloaded was poor quality?

I think it's funny how people are complaining how 'lame' the video is, yet if there wasn't one, they'd demand to know why and then why no one bothered to tell them. Sheesh.

RS, the ironic thing is that I think your post is as messed up and illogical as you think mine is.

RagingScottsman:

I'm hardly a Zero Punctuation fan-boy. I'm merely an individual who personally can't give two shits if someone says "fuck you" to me. This phrase has become almost commonplace greeting amongst me and my friends. I might just be desensitized to it, but I hardly see the advantage in getting all butt-hurt over someone saying it to me. I rather think it to be a funny phrase and anyone who uses it to seriously insult someone drastically needs to expand their vocabulary(as we know is not the case with Mr.Croshaw). If he wanted to genuinely anger people, I believe he could be far more creative than that.

I feel like I'm pointing out the obvious, but just because you and your friends use an insult as a friendly greeting, that doesn't change the real meaning and intent of a word.
Also, does "butt-hurt" mean the same thing as annoyed? I thought it meant to get extremely upset. I explained why some would feel insulted or mad. At any rate, I'm only annoyed at Yahtzee.
I did say it was possible, (though unlikely,) he meant that as a joke but delivered the joke very poorly. I suppose it's also possible he meant it as a serious f-u, but doesn't care how we respond. Anyway, my point wasn't how he meant it. I was explaining why some people would be upset by what he said.

RagingScottsman:

In conclusion, I would put it to you that it is you who is the fan-boy. Understand that I am by no means defending Yahtzee; he's a big boy and is quite capable of doing it himself. I simply am easily aggravated by people who fail to think before they speak(or type). You on the other hand go straight to rage when your precious ZP doesn't deliver as you think it should. You get your little feelings hurt when you find out Mr.Croshaw might not love you. You take it as a personal attack when he's not all warm and cuddly with his fan-base. Please, for the sake of all those who read your drivel; grow-up.

Again, you fail to understand the meaning of a word. A fan-boy DEFENDS the actions of someone or some company to the point of abandoning all reason to do so. I'm criticizing Yahtzee. Exactly what am I a fan-boy of? Also, what part of my post expressed rage? I never even said what I personally felt. I explained why some would feel insulted or mad. You accuse me of having all these extremely hurt feelings when it is you with the overly impassioned argument. You're the one who failed at not sounding like a fan-boy.

I had more to say, but concluded your perspective and way of thinking is far too different than mine for you to understand.

Christ that was painful. Stick to game reviews please Ben.

There were some pretty funny lines in this. I liked the bit about "cool indie cancers" but beyond that, I have nothing else to say. Except that Yahtzee's accent is more pronounced in person, though that's pretty damn irrelevant.

I was kind of hoping for a Borderlands review.

TitsMcGee1804:

awesomeClaw:
Well, Mr. Croshaw. This is the first time ever, and i mean EVER you´ve disapointed me. Hell, i would´ve freaking had a clip show instead of that. It saddens me to say this, since i love Zero Punctuation. This video was nothing but pure, good ol´fashion CRAP. I hope the next episode doesn´t turn out like this.

be quiet child

get a life, watch something else, go outside for a change!

Mans allowed to take a holiday every once in a while

:D

That's rich. A guy with the name "Tits McGee" telling someone else to get a life. Lol'd

This episode was, as Yahtzee says, pure shite. It was bad, boring, and terribly unfunny. I'm sorry, Yahtzee being an ignorant tourist isn't funny. And If I may say so, that hat looks much cooler on stick-figure-Yahtzee than real-life-Yahtzee.

Tbqh, stick-figure-Yahtzee looks much cooler on the whole than actual-Yahtzee

You know somebody may have said this, but it begs repeating; there is a 13-16 hour difference between DC and Australia. They were all probably feeling like the walking dead when they shot this.

Nobody made him shoot this horrid piece of crap.

He works hard. I understand that. He deserves a break every now and again. If he wanted to play tourist, it was well within his right to do so. Or, like someone said, Do a Critique of D.C. in his style of game review. Or even do a video version of Extra Punctuation. Sort of like a Family-Guy-esque "Grinds my Gears sort of rant". Hearing Yahtzee rant about stupidity in every day life might have been hilarious. Watching him play tourist was not

.....(?) Well, i suppose Yahzee won't be winning any awards for stand-up comedy any time sonn.(no pun intended, what w/ the cock jokes etc.)
He should stick to his well written wittisisms in my opinion.

btw his accent is definately devoid of englishness now, soon he'll be verbally Australian through and through (Noooooo!)

The JFK assassination took place in Texas...

Anyway, it would have been nice to know that Yahtzee was going to be in D.C. because I live there. I would have given him the grand tour...actually D.C. is pretty boring. Nothing much to do around here. *sigh*

I don't see why people are getting annoyed. It looked like it was either this or no ZP at all. And I know which one i'd prefer.

It was pretty funny. The Jerk-off bit was a lol.

Wow that was bad. Like extremely, uncharacteristically horrible. Was there a deadline? Was this actually required? Was I the only one who got the impression that the F*** YOU at the beginning was referring more to Escapist staff schedule nazis (I have no idea if these exist but would presume they do) than to fans?

Maybe I am being too optimistic?

I quite enjoyed this video for a multitude of reasons. Ben has his rather grandiloquent, misanthropic, crude and arguably funny persona, but then he has a more sensible, quiet and shy side which plays beatuifully with his self-parody and his willingness to make jokes at his own expense. Every so often you will see glimpses of this other side in Zero Punctuation, but it wasn't until this video that it was displayed so prominently.

I've no doub that some of it comes down to shyness or insecurity, but I do feel that Ben chose to act the way he did in this video because he wanted it to be a humourous contrast to the way he acts in ZP, which it is. Watching this video really made me smile, filling me with this strange sense of warmpth-it was just nice to see him make something so laid back, just a group of chaps on an enjoyable road trip acting silly.

Perhaps I'm wrong, or perhaps not. Whatever the case, I really enjoy this for reasons I've shared and more. He really does seem like a great fellow.

Oh wow, Ben. This was simply amazing. You are now instantly and permanently my favorite person.

*wears a green jacket*

*looks at yahtzee and goes "eyuuugh"*

protogenxl:

jthm:

protogenxl:

jthm:

protogenxl:
You need to experience the true America.

Find the nearest Sonic Drive-In or Cracker Barrel and go there.

That's about as "real america" as Swiss cheese. Go to the nearest ghetto scene and make random hand signs. That's real America for you.

"ghetto scene" only make up a small percentage of the country.

Not where I live. There are a lot more people packed into or near urban ghettos than there are people living in the manner Cracker Barrel or Sonic would have you believe.

But you're right. If you want real America, just go to any McDonalds in any country and swallow some of the same bland, unhealthy fried shit we eat here. We keep exporting our monoculture anyway. You can get the "real" America almost anywhere in the world.

The Hills

Head for Them

No, they have eyes.

Yahtzee has always been an arrogant, overweening cunt.

That's what I usually like about him, but this was shit. I'm still not complaining, because hey - it's free, but howsabout a review next week Yahztee?

Oh, and don't look into my eyes when I'm wanking, please. You put me off at the vinegar strokes.

Well that was... different. Can hardly complain though, can't work all the time.

Thanks for the city tour.
Oh and, I just noticed, yahtzee is very similar to an ex-teacher here, a crazy australian.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here