Zero Punctuation: Washington DC

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 19 NEXT

Wow, they might as well just have done a 'best of' Yahtzee montage, would've been more entertaining than this tripe.

I dont get whats wrong with Yahtzee not doing a review, i mean,i know thats what he does but still...

Whats the name of the song that starts playing in the background around the 1:57 mark?

crazyhaircut94:

solarrunner:
Is this really Yahtzee in reality. He is pathetic, and I actually liked the guy...

Why is he pathetic? Not everyone can make up jokes in half a second.

OT: Quite funny, a bit hard to hear some parts. But oh well, you can't ask for everything... Well, you can, but you shouldn't, it will make you look like a pretentious tw**.

I agree with you that he shouldn't be forced to be funny on-the-spot in real life but that video was fundamentally boring and slow-paced. They could've done much better in my opinion.

Unless he was actually going for a polarisation effect of ZP, in totally reversing the jokes and tempo...

Thanks Yahtzee. You have just turned my horrible day into an atrocious day by not giving me the one damn thing I was looking forward to all damn day. Good for you.

Prick.

It just occurred to me that Yahtzee sort of looks a columbine character when in front of the Abe Lincoln chair.

Vomax:
Whats the name of the song that starts playing in the background around the 1:57 mark?

Pretty sure that's played by the guy who made the main ZP theme song for Yahtzee, he wouldn't use a copyrighted song in the video.

Moccamonster:

waringpepper:
very nice loved it!!!

Wow, did you compress time to watch 6 minutes in 30 seconds?

Then wtf did you come here for did you compress the other 5:30 down too? All you wanted to be is the first one to talk to a troll, and by doing such, you are now troll.

Yahtzee is such a conversationalist.... I like the clone part, made me wonder alittle.

cannot unsee trees below Washington Monument :P

It's wierd, me and a group of friends have been debating that whole cloning thing for a year. Currently, after looking up the definition of Masturbation, we decided that having sex with your clone counts as incest.
Yes, I know it is wierd...

pyror:
wow... I was bored..
stick to game reviews please

Its funny how many people can't deal with a little change.

The episode was MEANT as a huge "Fuck you!", and Yahtzee couldn't really make an episode while at the convention, so I'm grateful he atleast made something.

Also, gotta admire that. He was so close to finishing the whole review without making a remark about America's land marks all looking like censored objects, but the Washington Monument just overcame him.

Joey245:
Thanks Yahtzee. You have just turned my horrible day into an atrocious day by not giving me the one damn thing I was looking forward to all damn day. Good for you.

Prick.

Meh, no offense, but I doubt one Zero Punctuation Episode is enough to turn a bad day terrible, and if it is, the waaaaambulance is here for you.

Liked the change of style for this episode, would very much like to have a video of your next trip but I wouldn't be surprised if there are some idiots who think you should stay a one joke guy.

danosaurus:

crazyhaircut94:

solarrunner:
Is this really Yahtzee in reality. He is pathetic, and I actually liked the guy...

Why is he pathetic? Not everyone can make up jokes in half a second.

OT: Quite funny, a bit hard to hear some parts. But oh well, you can't ask for everything... Well, you can, but you shouldn't, it will make you look like a pretentious tw**.

I agree with you that he shouldn't be forced to be funny on-the-spot in real life but that video was fundamentally boring and slow-paced. They could've done much better in my opinion.

Unless he was actually going for a polarisation effect of ZP, in totally reversing the jokes and tempo...

Better than nothing. I'd rather have this than a "sorry, chaps, nothing this week".

I like cake too. No real point I just want my voice heard.

Anyone else think Yahtzee sounds like Captain Price in person?

Nice to see a change of scenery! Helps liven up the act.

That was quality!
Really enjoyed the break from ZP like.
Lovely virtual tour!

Is it just me, or did Ben's accent sound different to usual?

lol a cock with balls

Yep...he sure knows a lot about the white house...and that room that looks like a egg

Two quick pointers Mr. Croshaw:

-The grassy knoll for the whole JFK thing is in Dallas, Texas not Washington D.C.

-It's called the Washington Monument.

Easy enough mistakes to make though, seeing as you're not from or live in the States. Hope you had fun. Just try to avoid going into buildings that are higher than three stories while on U.S. soil.

...Yeah, alright. I can get behind this. Not on a regular basis, but he does deserve a vacation.
Just to make a point, I think this would be a LOT funnier to someone who lived outside the US. Having lived in the US all my life (and having been to DC on several occasions), the "Lincoln looks like he's taking a shit and the Washington Monument looks like a wang," jokes are kinda dead to me now.

protogenxl:
You need to experience the true America.

Find the nearest Sonic Drive-In or Cracker Barrel and go there.

Come to Northern NJ Yahtzee! We just got a Sonic and I would love to tap that a$$ of yours.

Jesus christ talk about whiners. I thought it was cool and different. I think Yahtzee was trying to make that entire video an innuendo.

xXGINGERGNOMEXx:

Tonimata:
I amgonna call Yahtzee Mr Captain Statetheobvious from now on.

Firstly you have two prefix titles.Secondly that seems unfair that he makes one clear point to some less observant (retarded) viewers and his classified for life.

YAYYYY Another innocent victim that strolls right into my trap and tries to flame me not realizing I am already on fire. Ooooh, this is going to be delicious.

Thirdly, exactly where are the two prefix titles and how does that matter anyways? Fourthly, I don't think you are aware of the hypocritical irony of my statement. By stating that someone else is merely stating the obvious (merely from the evidence he gives in the video when he very correctly describes some of the main buildings in Washington DC (which we all know will get nuked)), I am more of a Captain Obvious than they are. Sadly, I had to make that clear for everyone, and now the joke is ruined. But oh well, I guess waste not, and considering you've agreed to step right into the spotlight, care to tell a funny joke?

Besides, I remember saying that I was sooooo gonna call Mr. Crosshaw Mr Captain Statetheobvious, I doubt I'd overlook something so simple as a spacebar smack. On the other hand, I am pretty sure that the action of dubbing him with another title aside of the many he already possesses (some more dignified than others) will hardly have any effect on his self esteem or on the community that supports him, inside which I include myself. You could argue that I'm simply annoyed there was no proper Zero Punctuation review this week, and it's true, I'd lie if I said I'm not, but come on, who wasn't expecting Borderlands this week?

All that said, I have to add that I understand you acted out of initial impulse, meaning no actual moral harm towards my person or my ego, and are henceforth forgiven, as well as warned that any prior attempts at attacking me will result in a severe case of the text walls.

And with that, Good night!

*FOOSHDISAPPEARSWINDRUSTLE*

boring.. he couldn't think of anything else than make phallic jokes about our monuments and capital building.

real original....

Damn he made some mind boggling observations in the car.

I would like the last 6.5 minutes of my life back. That was boring and painfully un-funny. The 90% of you fanboys that are sucking up to this guy completely confuse me. Explain yourselves now.

I repeat. This was not OK.

Yahtzee: You seem like a frightened chipmunk on camera. Love the previous vids though.

Well, I never saw him doing this. It was quite funny, too

whaleswiththumbs:

Yahtzee is such a conversationalist.... I like the clone part, made me wonder alittle.

The answer is simple - its incest - the clone is NOT you, it just happens to have you DNA, so it can't be musarbation. IF it where himself from the future, or some wierd quantum superposition effect, then yeah, it'd be masturbation.

danosaurus:
Wow, they might as well just have done a 'best of' Yahtzee montage, would've been more entertaining than this tripe.

...Another one?
No offence, but the first one wasn't that good either

danosaurus:

Vomax:

Pretty sure that's played by the guy who made the main ZP theme song for Yahtzee, he wouldn't use a copyrighted song in the video.

Yeah, ZP would NEVER use copyrighted music...............

Yahtzee, I was wondering if you ever tried Dawn of War 2? I know you don't like taking review suggestions, but I have heard you comment on your dislike of most RTSs because all you ever do is build "enough tanks to embrass general patton and steam roll from one side of the map to the other" but Dawn of War 2 has taken a different approach by, in single player having you select 4 squads which you must use for that entire mission and removing any base or army building aspect so the game becomes about managing your small number of forces expertly in small scale skirmishes, and in multiplayer by requiring players to control resource points spread out over the map in order to build their armies who must be managed tactically if you want to remain in control of the resources (and also annihilating base building). I know you probably have a whole lineup of shiney new games to review, but I thought that DOW2 was a fresh and intresting new look at an old genre and was wondering what you might think of it if you gave it look.

And by the way, run on sentances are for cool people.

3 things Ive got to say about this video:
1) It wasn't a review and it wasn't very funny. Whats up with that?
2) It was kinda funny to hear his thoughts on various DC landmarks
3) He said he was passing through DC on his way to North Carolina(my home state, which is awesome)

And I think I know why he's going to North Carolina (or why he eventually might go back). Theres a video game convention in NC called The Carolina Game Summit, its the largest event of its type in the state. Now your probably asking, why should we care? The reason is that one of the big sponsors for next year is The Escapist and Yahtzee may be there seeing how The Escapist are the ones signing his checks

for more information check out the Website: http://www.carolinagamessummit.com/index.php

It really shocks me to say this and but i was a tad bored :/. Anyway i can't wait back till ZP resumes back to normal with imps and what have you.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 19 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here