The Escapist Presents: Audience Questions for Yahtzee

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Audience Questions for Yahtzee

Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw fielding questions from the audience at Game-X.

Watch Video

The first thing that comes to mind is how you have the badge for posting in 12 months with a 9 month old account.

Nice video, although hearing the questions themselves is somewhat tricky, Yahztee seems pretty confident speaking in front of crowds.

perhaps he's posted in threads that were started in 12 different months

What did he actually review there? Was it an old one, or will we be able to watch that review done there?

I wonder what Mr. Croshaw thinks of Charlie Brooker's Gameswipe?

I would of loved the chance to ask Yahtzee questions..infact he's one of my if you could invite 3 people to a dinner ect. hehe..however he did put his hand in and out of his pocket alot..maybe nerves? could it be Benjamin Godzilla Yahtzee Croshaw has nerves?! :P

I would have figured that The Escapist might have wanted to actually record the questions being asked so we know what Yahtzee's answering.

Well, that was pretty good. But, I have to agree with first post, some of the questions were hard to hear. Still, nice to get an extra fill of Yahtzee humour.

Funny but questions are somewhat inaudible!

Nice to see Yahtzee answering questions like that, I thought he was afraid of fans....

Damn I'd have loved to have been there, and he speaks well infront of crowds.

Even though I couldn't hear shit about the questions (my speakers are situated under my laptop for some reason...) that was awesome.
Also, why the nervous hand movements?
Is Yahtzee afraid?
Blasphemy!

Kudos to Yahtzee for handling it so well, all things considered. It looked like it was roughly put together, etc. The tosser farting with the music the whole time was getting on my nerves. and I'm sure Yahtzee was getting pretty frazzled over it.

What is this, Jeopardy? Maybe have a mike in the audience? Someone on the staff should watch the Evening with Kevin Smith movies.
Also Yahtzee is 95% less funny without a script.

Well, he's not a stand-up comedian, so what do you expect? He has his own way of doing things..

In most aspects he's more like an author, where he writes or produces gold, but gets taken out of his element when having to deal with shoddily put-together stage forums and trying to make the best of it. He's still brilliant though, the guy has articulated most of my gaming criticisms over the past 15 years or so.

wow that would have to be at. id of asked him why/when he first wore the trilby

I like how there's apparently a band playing three feet from the microphone. Also I enjoyed when the cameraman tried to find the person who was asking the question and failed.

ark123:
I like how there's apparently a band playing three feet from the microphone. Also I enjoyed when the cameraman tried to find the person who was asking the question and failed.

Was it a band? What was up with the audio? lol

Terrible terrible setup to have to stand up in front of people and field inaudible questions.. If that was me, I would have cut it short and called it an early night. He stuck with it and threw out some decent zingers though.

Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets Pockets

SyphonX:

ark123:

Was it a band? What was up with the audio? lol

Terrible terrible setup to have to stand up in front of people and field inaudible questions.. If that was me, I would have cut it short and called it an early night. He stuck with it and threw out some decent zingers though.

He clearly doesn't know how to do FAQs though. If someone asks him about Portal, he's supposed to answer with something like "You fucking know who I am and you've seen my Portal review. Sit your dumb ass down".
It's annoying how shy he is when he's doing these big events. He's basically his ZP persona when he's on the Australian Gamer podcast, why can't he do the same in FAQs?

Why can't we have a Live webcast with a Java chat applet when WE ask him questions....

I'd love to know if he's got live...

That was actually entertaining. I'd wish someone would have gone over to the band/guy playing the music and told him to keep it down, Yahtzee's talking, but fortunately enough all it really did was drown out the voices of everyone except the interesting person.

So, cool. Good video, Escapist, and I want to see more of this sort of thing rather than Tourism and Local History with an Australian bloke who doesn't really know what's going on.

Do you want to keep putting your hand in your pocket and then withdrawing it again?

It would be better if i could hear the questions... but well who em i to judge.

Whoever was playing in the background should have been shot, it was still good.

Nice vid, but as mentioned before the questions are kinda hard to hear, especially with that awful music in the background.

Haha nice. Why does every video that includes yahtzee need guitar muic in the background? Does everyone feel as though he needs his own personal theme everywhere he goes?!

I must say he looked alot happier in that interview than in any other interview i have seen him take place in, i think it was because it was less formal.

Machines Are Us:
The first thing that comes to mind is how you have the badge for posting in 12 months with a 9 month old account.

Nice video, although hearing the questions themselves is somewhat tricky, Yahztee seems pretty confident speaking in front of crowds.

The band that was playing right outside the damn doors of the room made it VERY difficult to hear anything, even Yahtzee.

Still, this turned out well and I was glad to be there in person.

Someone post a transcript, I can't hear a word the audience is saying, and sometimes even Yahtzee's mic garbles it.

Would have been better if you could hear the questions like what was said before he made the comment about 3d Realms. Ah well. Suprised how well he works without a script, go him.
Also he kept getting his hand stuck in his pocket which actually amused me a little.

Lol do you practice talking Fast. In my family if you can't talk fast your Exiled lol.

Shut up band! If only...
The sound was, as its been said before, poor at best, a good interview anyway.

Totally different from when he's reviewing.

The expressionless guy trivia was quite interesting. I could've sworn I've seen it on the cover of some album...

im a freak for 100 hours?:'( also, i know how it feels to kinda lose focus on what you most enjoy about something youve created haha. videos i have made i sortve lose sight about what was wrong with it :P. so i go to post it all excited then realise i missed an edit or forgot to add so and so etc etc.

I wonder if he will ever do a Zero Punctuation for Metroid Prime. He brought it up as being a good console FPS, and as an example of a gamecube game that looks better than The Conduit (Which it DOES.)

It seems he likes the game, and I'd like a more in-depth review of it whenever Australian release dates bite him yet again.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here