Stolen Pixels #140: The Circle of Ammunition

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Bullets in Borderlands have a complicated life cycle.

Read Full Article

Are bullets scarce? Whenever I see gameplay videos everyone seems to not shoot until they're certain they can get a headshot.

I like that line at the end. I really do wish people would ignore the fridge logic and just play the damn game.

Ignorance is bliss. Now I won't even look at free ammo clips the same way.

I had roughly the same guess...

Now... Explain to me how with my turret out and my Support Gunner class mod, I can regenerate ammo in my bandolier faster than I can shoot it! Explain that, with all your science!

This is more than I wanted to know.

That's the Circle of Life, right there in a nutshell. Hope you forgot to bring your appetite! I wouldn't care so much where I got my ammo from, as long as it was plentiful and varied. Although I would prefer it relatively clean, see as I'd be carrying it around...

But there needs to be input into the system, ammo will just keep on getting scarcer, as players die usually after shooting for awhile, so there is less and less for the decomposers to eat.

You really find the ammo in toilets? What the hell?

HK_01:

Finding ammo in woods or in the wasteland makes less sense. It's probably supposed to be a joke or something. Why can't ammo be there? Someone could have taken a dump and he's bullets fell in there, makes sense to me.

This comic wasn't as funny as the last one, but oh well.

yes their is ammo in toilets and no ammo is usually not scarce, enemies drop more ammo than you'll ever need usually.

oppp7:
Are bullets scarce? Whenever I see gameplay videos everyone seems to not shoot until they're certain they can get a headshot.

No, there's a lot of ammo and you can upgrade the "ammo bag" for each weapon type, so if you specialize in Sniper Rifles, Rocket Launchers, SMGs and Revolvers, but for instance use Revolvers and Sniper Rifles most of the time, you should buy a standard upgrade for RLs and SMGs, and upgrade the rest as much as you can. Still, why waste ammo shooting someone's body, if you can just headshot, headshot!

Also some enemies are either immune to headshots and have other weak points (spiders have armored heads and they should be shot in the soft behinds ;d), or are weaker to elemental damage, in which case critical shots are much, much better. So it's even better to try and aim for those areas.

Glefistus:
But there needs to be input into the system, ammo will just keep on getting scarcer, as players die usually after shooting for awhile, so there is less and less for the decomposers to eat.

You can always buy ammo or loot it from human enemies.

HK_01:

Toilets, lockers, monsters, humans, crates of ammo, vending machines...

Well that is the same issue with Monstrous Spiders carrying gold, goods and items. Do note that "goods" refers to gems (because all spiders obviously like shiny things) and art objects. Yes, art objects. Such as a "silver chalice with lapis lazuli gems", a "gold dragon comb with red garnet eye" or a "carved harp of exotic wood with ivory inlay and zircon gems".

A spider with a harp, c'est tres tres chique eh.

I ask that same question as to why a wolf has a greatsword in World of Warcraft...

The Great JT:
I ask that same question as to why a wolf has a greatsword in World of Warcraft...

"Just in case."

Shamus Young:

Bullets in Borderlands have a complicated life cycle.

Read Full Article

It's like the old saying goes: "So bad-ass that he eats danger and shits bullets." I guess Gearbox decided to put a literal spin on the phrase. Or one part of it at least.

orannis62:
I like that line at the end. I really do wish people would ignore the fridge logic and just play the damn game.

Yeah really! If I wanted a logical gaming experience I'd play some stupid game like Operation Flashpoint... oh yeah, I bought that too.

And I don't get why some people don't like the guns. I'm a level 37 hunter and all my guns rock. They have for about the last 36 levels of game.

There are many guns that aren't that good, imprecise sniper rifles, 2 shots only pistols, and so on.
But you can always keep 'em only to sell it later. And there is always THAT weapon that is so good you wish you could sleep with.
If all the weapons were good nobody would sell anything ever.
In this way you know what to keep and what to sell, I think...

Well every one has ends to meet to so...

I was wondering about that.

Now I know.

The Great JT:

Literally disarmed someone who was wielding one

oppp7:

Well (if your a hunter, or have one in your team) you get extra EXP for critical kills. That's probably why.

Brings a whole new meaning to 'Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition!'

oppp7:

Bullets aren't really scarce in the game. I actually have an orange rifle that has +10 ammo regen on it and reloads insanely quick. I think it has the phrase "Hold your ground... forever." written on it. You actually CANNOT go through that ammo quick enough.

When you respawn do you really leave a crap pile like that? "On-Topic" Funny comic as always.

Ya know, I haven't played Borderlands yet, and now I'm not sure if I want to..... Well, not really, I plan on picking it up after I am done with Dragon Age: Origins.

stranamente:
There are many guns that aren't that good, imprecise sniper rifles, 2 shots only pistols, and so on.

2-bullet revolvers tend to deal >300 damage, and compared to the 100-120 6-bullet revolvers that's a lot.
A Tediore revolver reloads insanely fast (faster than you shoot usually), so it's no biggie if you find a Tediore.
But that can be the hardest part...

To each their own, eh.

He actully managed to explain that which I thought was unexplainable.

Haha i always wondered why there was loot in the loos. But, ew. How hard would it be to pass bullets. Not to mention money... i would love to crap money.

Haha, that is great. Just amazingly accurate to the game.

It's so obvious now.

Vipermagi:

2-bullet revolvers tend to deal >300 damage, and compared to the 100-120 6-bullet revolvers that's a lot.
A Tediore revolver reloads insanely fast (faster than you shoot usually), so it's no biggie if you find a Tediore.
But that can be the hardest part...

To each their own, eh.

I used a couple of times 2 bullets shotgun and pistols. They were really good, when they hit something. The problem was when they don't. But you can have always something else to finish the job, so...
Besides, there so many weapons you'll probably stumble upon the right one for you before you could even rant about it.
Great game, indeed...
:-D

These are the parts of a game that you DON'T want to think too much about.

Wow...umm...just, wow Shamus.

You have a hell of a lot of spare time, don't you?

stranamente:
But you can always keep 'em only to sell it later. And there is always THAT weapon that is so good you wish you could sleep with.
If all the weapons were good nobody would sell anything ever.
In this way you know what to keep and what to sell, I think...

The two-shot revolvers (Vitriolic Justice in particular) have been my favorite. They hit harder than anything else in the game. They seem made just for us gunslinger hunters, too, with our improved reload times and our headshot perks (2 shells in one magazine really emphasizes precision). Also, you have to take into account that a weapon of lesser quality manufacture is in fact going to be imprecise.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here