Rebecca Mayes Muses: Batman: Arkham Asylum

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

That was one refreshing part about Arkham Asylum that the character I was controlling didn't have an arsenal of guns to shoot bad guys in heads. A bit difficult to get used to at the beginning since it was so different from how I usually stealth (kill all the guards so they can't find me to call for reinforcements), but that's a good thing.

It was a bit weird, however, to hear all the voices from the animated series in the game and see dead guards the Joker and his henchmen killed. Not that death doesn't occur in the Batman storylines, especially the most recent movie, but it almost never did in the 90's cartoon. It was some strange mash up of nostalgia and present day that was mentally jarring.

So, yes Rebecca, I too enjoyed not killing anyone. And the costumes were well done. Keep it up.

Loved it... Nice beard BTW XD

you're very talented and your videos are entertaining but they would be 10 times more without the lyric subtitles, I actually covered them up with my hand this time and it made the video better. Post them in the comment thread if you must, but text is the biggest distraction in any visual media and you lose alot of attention to the more important parts of the video as a whole. This is an english language site, you're not singing in another language, we can understand you fine. Stop it already.

One of the best, impressive to post new content so frequently and it be of this quality.

This one is without a doubt my favorite so far. I liked the sounds, the lyrics, and the video, when I usually find something in one of the three that bothers me. It also made me reconsider spending the 60 bucks to get Batman... Not because of the fact you don't have to kill anyone, but because how much Rebecca liked the game clearly shows in the video. Though ever since The Sorrow boss fight in MGS3 I've been a lot more conscious about the murders I commit in any given game...

I really liked this song. I generally don't watch this show, but Batman drew me in, and the quality of this song might drive me to watching previous episodes, and definitely to watch new ones.

Not having to kill anyone is a rare thing in today's games. Glad I'm not the only one who appreciates it. Sweet song.

i gotta say, it shocks me that alot of people like this.
its not bad, but gamers tend to be more on the rock side of music.
i for one cant here stuff like this with out needing a nap or some anti-depressants.

Interesting that we have a song that ISN'T bashing the game (the most angry was Overlord II, the only one I strongly disagreed with).

The underlying theme of "Can't we all just get along?" was done well.

Great lyrics, great music, great vid. Kudos to you, girl.

carnkhan4:
I now have the desire to see more people dress-up as yahtzee...

That's quite the strange fetish you have going there.

I liked this video. It was alright. She has too many costumes in my opinion, I'm wondering where the hell she has the time to find/make them.

I'm afraid this elicited an "awwww" from me. My roommate is threatening to take my Man Card.

Very nice music, I really liked the lyrics in this one. Good work!

Beautiful smooth flowing music, loved it like always.

MelasZepheos:
Was a little shocked to see Yahtzee making a cameo in this video. I wouldn't have thought he'd be up for it.

Wait, that was makeup, oh!

Anyway, loved the vid and the song as always.

Well, comrade, Yahtzee lives in Brisbane, kind of a schlep for a 2 minute, 41 second song. ^_^
~Tin

Tinneh:

MelasZepheos:
Was a little shocked to see Yahtzee making a cameo in this video. I wouldn't have thought he'd be up for it.

Wait, that was makeup, oh!

Anyway, loved the vid and the song as always.

Well, comrade, Yahtzee lives in Brisbane, kind of a schlep for a 2 minute, 41 second song. ^_^
~Tin

No.
Wait.
Shit.
Sorry, I messed up. I thought you said you wanted Yahtzee to actually partake in the video. I apologize for my stupidity :D.
~Tin

I admire your ability to use different genres & instruments for each song. It's a great way to express your diverse talents, keep 'em comin!

solidstatemind:
Wow! Just WOW! That was the first RMM I watched, and it was simply Fantastic! I'm going to have to go right now and start working my way through the back-catalog!

Bravo!

im in the exact same boat, i totally have a crush on this girl now. ive played the demo of that game but ill say im only buying it because of how entertained i was by that song

Kuliani:
Awwww, they had a tea party celebration! Of course, the Joker probably poisoned them all. :(

Knowing the joker, he probably put some laughing gas in the tea.

EDIT: Nice video. I liked that song.

Wow your voice is.. Fantastic o.o

I liked it, and the Eddie Murphy style casting was pretty cool.

great song and videoclip, really getting better every week.

I love how so many people, not content to just be nice, have to thinly veil their compliments with insults.

"It's not as shit as last week!"

"It's not NEARLY as repetitive as the last one!"

"Looks like you're not just relying on your tits as much any more!"

Great work as always, Rebecca. Though one question comes to mind - how do you NOT own a real top-hat yet? I thought you'd have a few of them lying around!

Nerdfury:
I love how so many people, not content to just be nice, have to thinly veil their compliments with insults.

"It's not as shit as last week!"

"It's not NEARLY as repetitive as the last one!"

"Looks like you're not just relying on your tits as much any more!"

Great work as always, Rebecca. Though one question comes to mind - how do you NOT own a real top-hat yet? I thought you'd have a few of them lying around!

Those are just "Black Knights" (pun not intended in accordance with this video) trying to insult and injure to gain any attention possible from Rebecca, because they are just lonely ol' trolls. Of course some will be jealous teen girls, kind of like Megan on Family Guy.

This response kind of makes me like like a White Knight.. hmm, not intended. The White Knight, arch-nemesis of the Black Knight.

Still don't see the point of these videos. Certainly couldn't be to tell me about the game, since after listening to this I haven't really learned anything about the game. Other than that Batman is in it and he doesn't kill anyone.

Thank you for this wonderful tune.

GREAT video.

But I'm still not going to buy that game.

This was my first "RMM", I'll admit the game-subject is what drew me in. What a great tune, and kudos to playing Bats and his foes, nice to see they could put aside their differences for an afternoon of celebratory cake.

I'll be checking out previous installments of "RMM", sorry it took me so long. :D

Pseudonym2:
That's what I odd about this game. (or at least the demo. I can't afford it yet.) Most of moves Batman pull should be fatal. Just running through the demo I kicked a guy into the wall that should have snapped his neck. That's not including the breastbone shattering kicks or dropping people from the gargoyles.

I think you're underestimating the resilience of the human body; but, while you can do fatal things to enemies (I personally have lost count of the number of poor slobs I've tossed over the railing to their doom in the Shock and Awe challenge alone), her point is that you don't have to.

Is it just me, or does anybody else get strangely turned on by Rebecca dressed as Batman?

(Sigh) I gotta get laid...

I keep watching these - hoping that I'll like it and yet, each time, it fails to grab me.

Nice video. The lyrics aren't too great and the music is forgettable, but together with the video it still made me smile.

Haha the Yahtzee costume was brilliant. :D

I love your songs, can't wait to here more of them in the future.

damn i love the costumes made for these videos. some how they're all obscenely cute.

Lol i loved it one of the best Youve done but still not as good as sims 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or