Alt+Escape: Cat Got Lost

Alt+Escape: Cat Got Lost

The bond between master and pet is a powerful thing.

Read Full Article

I messed up, and realized what I did wrong. I reset, and the level was different... This is about to be frustrating...

EDIT: Actually, it wasn't too bad. I was hoping for more than 20 levels of course.

This has got to be my favorite feature on The Escapist.

Yep - amazing atmosphere, but the game was REALLY EASY! Or I'm too damn smart...I liked it and I'm looking forward to more minimalistic games like this one :)

I enjoyed the experience. Resetting the level doesn't change the puzzle only the colors and the orientation. If you got stuck almost at the end of a puzzle just try and think of what you did last time, only at an angle.

PS: Does anyone else think this game would make Yahtzee's head explode? It's a game made entirely of colored keys and colored doors O.o

That was a great game - nice and simple, with strange philosophies in between.

Plus I really like cats :P

Hmm, not the Ultimate Mind Blaster game. Was a good time killer.
Like, a 15 minutes time waster.

CantFaketheFunk:
...the later levels aren't quite "Who Owns the Fish?" in terms of the logical deduction required...

I don't get it.

Lvl 64 Klutz:

CantFaketheFunk:
...the later levels aren't quite "Who Owns the Fish?" in terms of the logical deduction required...

I don't get it.

Try now.

Oh, the Fish Owning is really hard, though surprisingly fun. I figured it out though, after a few...days? Weeks?

Fun little game.

It was very good, has to reset near the end a few times but did it all, makes me miss my cat;(

I... maybe I'm just too logical, but the fish problem took me about 20 minutes.

Then again, I grew up on Penny Press Logic Puzzle magazines, 2 dollars for like 30 puzzles, and I'd finish those things up fast. If only it had some practical application...

On the other hand, Cat Got Lost highly amused me. Not difficult by any means, though a little thought is better than running in head-first. I think the amount of time it took me to finish it was exactly the amount of time I felt was worth spending on it, and the little asides between levels were cute and engaging. And of course the little sad cat with the droopy eye is always excited to see you!

I laughed all 20 times at the sprite's expression when you reach the cat.
Great find, I gotta say. First really refreshing flash I've seen in a while.

Aedes:
Hmm, not the Ultimate Mind Blaster game. Was a good time killer.
Like, a 15 minutes time waster.

More like an 8 minute time-waster. Actually, I'd consider it 8 minutes of my life well spent. It was a little easy, but worth it for the comments between the levels. Silly kitty keeps running away. :)

EDIT:

CantFaketheFunk:

Yay! I'm the 2% minority!

Eh, not so great. Time Fcuk was much better.

EDIT: hey I actually figured out that "who owns a fish" thing without cheating. Take that Einstein, I'm one of the supposedly 2% of people who can do that. It took me like an hour but I did it.

EDIT #2: It seems at least 3 out of 13 people here could do it. A bit higher than 2%.

Pretty fun game got to lvl 17 when i messed up and didn't feel like playing again :)

This was really fun. The only levels I had a lot of difficulty on were 9 and 17. The trick with 17 is realizing that you don't actually need to collect all of the keys that you can.

I think I was zooming through the early stages when I realised I screwed up.

In my frustration, I smashed my head against the keyboard, and behold, the game restarts! A lesson learned; rage is sometimes the answer.

(Yes, I realise that "X" restarts the level.)

As for that fish, that fish riddle took longer to figure out than the 20 levels of the cat game.

That went fast. Not very challenging tbh.

Eh, went through it in one go. Could have been a lot more effort to it.

I used to have a cat ;_;

come back rosey... I miss you

I'm sorry, but your cat is in another castle.

EDIT: That game was surprisingly sweet.

That was a nice, short little brain-kicker.

Then I tried the fish puzzle. Solved that, but then moved onto more logic puzzles.

I still haven't gotten 'round to starting that homework I had to do.

A great game, but incredibly easy. Especially level 20. 17-19 were like "A few tries, kinda hard" but level 20 was like "20 seconds"

It was a fun little time-waster. I love Alt+Escape for occasionally finding a game I can actually beat. Now, I suppose I'll work on figuring out the fish puzzle.

Edit: 12 minutes for the fish puzzle. I feel smart. :)

I like the little Zen sayings at the start of each level.

Now how did I almost manage to miss this, a lovely little game. Not much of a challenge, although at first the increased number of doors felt kinda intimidating. But I did find my precious cat.

I like my cats.

I refreshed the page before I noticed that it was X to restart the level ... opps. That's okay though ... I liked this game ... it's a good five minute time waster. My real cat that is beside me was confused everytime the in game cat meowed. It was fun.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here