The Escapist Presents: Wii Exercise Challenge

Wii Exercise Challenge

Lauren and Carrie grab Wii games in this three week exercise challenge.

Watch Video

Reminds me of those little dancemat games that make you read how many calories you lost. Like guitar hero but breath-taking. Litteraly.

lol nice little competition. we be seeing more of this kind of thing?

Fun video. Would have been cool if there were a few extra updates, but that's fine.

So, are you saying that Wii fit is better than the golds gym thing, or that they are about equal?

They are saying that we should go out with Carrie. I would! :)
Hear that, girl? Gimme a jingle ;)

I kinda want to try that Wii board thing. I bet I'd look ridiculous :P

i fell in love whit Carrie when she said "LETS DO THIS! ARRRRRGH!"

Did you both adhere to the same diet? Did you do excerise in any form outside of the games? Get the same amount of sleep? Eat before workouts? It's an interesting challenge, but without the little details like these, any amount of extraneous variables could have affected result.
Hmm. Maybe I'm just taking this a little too seriously. Anyway, nice video girls!

It seems like the Wii Fit age changes completely from day to day, depending on the results of the little tests they give you. Some of them I'm good at, and some of them I suck at. At any rate, this video might've been better with more updates like randommaster said, but otherwise entertaining.

They don't have to lose weight just get someone to do something with their hair. (That's sorta a complement)

Nerd girls working out to the Wii = way hot!

Put out a workout vid I'll buy it...

This is like one of those "You fall in love, you lose." Threads you see on 4chan.

Anyway, so the consensus is that wii fit works better? Awesome. Good to know.

I really think that if you're going to do something like this, you should do it for 3 months, not just 3 weeks. And Andronicus is right, you need to keep track of food, sleep, etc. for it to be anything more than just a gag that provides no useful information...

...wait. I think I just answered my question there.

Well, let's just say it was a nice change of pace.

I found that using the Wii Fit every other day did pretty well by the end of a couple of months. I was losing weight, toning up. Problem is, though, that at the time I wasn't starting work until 2pm, so it was easy to get up and start a work-out at around 11am, finish up by 12 and then go shower. Now I'm working 8am, and can't be arsed moving my couch, my coffee table, pulling out the Wii Fit and going at it - so I'm right back where I started.

I watched this while eating pie. Maybe I should get Wii Fit...

You guys really lost no weight after doing all the exercise? Isn't that the point of it? Isn't a big part of getting fit, is losing weight?

Andronicus:
Did you both adhere to the same diet? Did you do excerise in any form outside of the games? Get the same amount of sleep? Eat before workouts? It's an interesting challenge, but without the little details like these, any amount of extraneous variables could have affected result.
Hmm. Maybe I'm just taking this a little too seriously. Anyway, nice video girls!

I guess they didn't say that cause the target of this experiment was to check how a regular normal everyday person would gain from those exercises. And most people don't care for diet or amount of sleep when they work out just to achieve "better fitness". You do that things only if you really HAVE to or if you are prepairing for some sort of sport challenge.

Neither girl needs to lose any weight. They're both ridiculously sexy!

But it's good to know that Wii Fit is better than the cardio-vascular workout, if only slightly. I only have access to the former right now.

Lauren's kinda cute! Although there's way too many variables in that I think.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here