Escapist News Network: Economic Weather Report

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Economic Weather Report

Jimmy Buffet announces a Margaritaville game, as the economic climate shifts into the red.
Become a fan on Facebook!

Watch Video

Another fine episode. Loved the Prince of Persia movie joke and the "heavy Cloud and occasional Squall" joke.

I counted 25 separate weather related puns. Well done! :)

The weather bit was genius.

also with the PoP film are there actually people annoyed by that?

The Prince of Persia movie joke was probably the best part. And of course, the weather portion was quite funny as well.

im really starting to love this weekly segment

Cloud and Squall.

I groaned out loud. Ask Susan.

GrahamS:
Economic Weather Report

Jimmy Buffet announces a Margaritaville game, as the economic climate shifts into the red.

Watch Video

Speaking as a Parrothead, it's spelled "Buffett" not "Buffet"

On topic, great episode guys. And when the hell is Heavy Rain coming out?!

Margaritaville the Game, eh?

"I'm sorry, Jimmy, but your salt shaker is in another bar."

Also, El Hideo looks fierce this year. Worse than 51 Sudamis...

Yeah, I'll be in the pun corner.

I can't help but feel that the weather metaphor fell a bit flat. It was kind of hard to follow the meaning at times. Other than that, the jokes were as good as ever.

I really think that the opening music sounds a lot like the Metal Gear Solid 2 theme.

Anyway, great job from the gang, I hope that with LRR, Unskippable and this they have finally amassed enough money to buy Paul a new beard.

Tolerant Fanboy:

Hopefully it will come with a Wii-mote attachment in the shape of a margarita glass.

"Nobody cares, Graham."

ENN is like the Daily Show of gamer culture. They deliver the goods of both information and humor without resorting to the kind of antics we see on Attack of the Show. As much as I like the folks on G4, LoadingReadyRun has catapulted into the lead position in my mind for this sort of infotainment.

Russ Pitts:

Tolerant Fanboy:

Hopefully it will come with a Wii-mote attachment in the shape of a margarita glass.

Note on the package: Blender not included.

The_root_of_all_evil:

I guess it would be one of these, then?

I really can't tell what's going on, but that's because I have no audio.

Tolerant Fanboy:

Also, El Hideo looks fierce this year. Worse than 51 Sudamis...

Yeah, I'll be in the pun corner.

IT'S A HOUSE OF FACEPALMS

randommaster:
TVTropes.com

You get your devil website out of here, between that page and the Escapist Forums I won't get a single thing done today!

OT, I guess I'm the only person who got a good laugh out of the elephant bit. Kind of a slow burn episode but it was all really funny. Nice job! This is easily one of my favorite segments to watch here every week, keep it up!

randommaster:

The_root_of_all_evil:

You can leave in a taxi. If you can't get a taxi, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff. *waggles cigar*

I laughed really hard at the "Heavy Rain" bit.

This is in my top 3 segents to watch here now.

I didn't know Canada did the Poppy Appeal thing too. Nice guys! As for the episode, the PoP "Are you happy now" bit was brilliant and the "No-body cares" bit on WoW.

LOL at the square enix joke

LOL at SS Sony and El Hiedo

"heavy Cloud and occasional Squall"

Oh yeah! I noticed the red poppy's there too.. Australia had Remembrance Day here too.. Well, obviously..

Anyway, although I've been known to enjoy the old Squaresoft games like Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Vagrant Story, I still found those puns/jokes rather hilarious. In general, it's true, JRPG developers -do- need to learn from the mistakes of previous games. Samey generic characters and arbitrary numbers/grinding.. Luckily, FFXIV Online won't have levels, much like FFX and hopefully it'll be MUCH, MUCH easier to progress than it is in FFXI Online (not that that's saying much..)

To its credit though, FFXIII does look quite awesome, with the major changes they've done already to the series.

Also, I saw no Terra reference in the weather report. Terraforma? Anyone...? Anyone? Sigh ;;

All in all, ENN is a great addition to The Escapist's lineup!

well... this was by far one of the best episodes of ENN, loved the weather, the jokes, the puns, i wasnt even anoyed by the "beggining" and "end" where they talk among themselves

great news cast guys!

"Really REAAALYYY"
lol ...
good ep as usual..
but a bit down from last weeks though...

The_root_of_all_evil:

You can leave in a taxi. If you can't get a taxi, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff. *waggles cigar*

Honk honk

only Paul can deliver 25 weather related video game puns all at once.

Alot of weather puns I noticed, very good. I like ENN.

Simply puntastic!

The_root_of_all_evil:

randommaster:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Donīt look now, but thereīs one man too many on this thread, and I think itīs you.

Of course Canada does the whole poppy thing, the pome was written by a Canadian doctor while serving.

The_root_of_all_evil:

randommaster:

The_root_of_all_evil:

Giving me the cold shoulder? There's no need to rain on my parade. This site can have a warm front, but there's a depression if you complain about the blizzard of MMO's.

Another great episode. I particularly liked the weather puns.

What are those red things on your suits and in the weather forecast thing? :S

Nothing beats blast processing-fueled weather puns.

Awesome show, I loved the bit about Warcraft, "Nobody cares!". Just wondering what were they talking about as the credits rolled and what vault are you guys from?

You can see a Canadian flag in the background of China XD

the prince of persia and weather report were probably the most amusing, great job

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here