Zero Punctuation: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

le gasp! no stupid after video advertisement of ENN or whatever stupid shit they have now? finally i can just watch the video see the end and move on without having to hear that tired gerenic news intro.

Dirty Apple:

pimppeter2:
I still liked the game much. I think it will be GOTY. If only Dragon Age hadn't shitted itself a little with its graphics, because then it would win.

(For the record, I personally do not care about Graphics but I'm just saying what I believe will be the excuse they do not give DA:O the GOTY)

Anyway, I think this is the first time I've been on the front page on a ZP review

Huzzah for me

The aforementioned self-shitting graphics are apparently a symptom of consol-itis. Perhaps a healthy dose of mousekeyboardilin could help this problem? I'm not a doctor, but I have played one in videogames

Haha. I actually will get it for my PC when I eventually get around to picking it up. But I'm just saying what will be the invisible pidgin holding committees excuse for not giving it game of the year

Does a game being unoriginal mean we shouldn't like it. Yes the game is safe as it steals virtually all of its mechanics from games that were proven to be successful but I don't think it should really be condemned for that. Everything is a blatant rip off of something else and I think Uncharted 2 at least stands out in its execution of the other games it blatantly rips off.

And I thought melee combat as a whole was a massive improvement over the first game despite the fact that yes Drake is reluctant to get his ass out from behind the wall.

ziggybogidou:
So DA: origins next week?
or borderlands?
Maybe *gasp* MW2?

I doubt it, good isn't funny.

I doubt MW2, he only reviewed the first MW due to overwhelming emails asking him to do it.

You had me at "Retarded-Gibbon-Arm-Flailing-Jumping technique", Yahtzee, you had me at "Retarded-Gibbon-Arm-Flailing-Jumping technique"... *weeps*

Meh, while this might be my love of the Uncharted games shining through a little, I didn't laugh once.
No not because I don't want the flaws in the game to be pointed out, but because Yahtzee didn't really point out that many flaws and just seemed to be determined to hate the game regardless of it's quality.
Uncharted 2 doesn't add anything to the franchise? You know what else didn't add anything to it's relative franchise? Half-life 2 episode 1...and episode 2.
They are the exact same game as Half-life 2 but with different scenery and in the case of episode 2, a car.

Interesting how you've gotten back to what your series so proudly claims--While I'm quite fond of your column, recently you've taken too damn long to say what you've said. So finally, after quite some time (and some interesting little articulate asides), you've gotten back to Zero Punctuation. Honestly, man, it's about damn time. If I'd wanted a slow, rhythmic, overly positive article, then I'd go read something off of Gamespot, or the little stickers on the displays at the store.

I played Uncharted 2. It was alright, it wasn't record breaking or anything like that. The thing that bugs me about it the most though is how they pretty much just reuse a lot of plot elements from the Indiana Jones films.

Not like the holy grail or anything but just the way the plot in the game is.

Perhaps instead of making Uncharted they should have made an Indiana Jones game or got Harrison Ford to voice Drake.

Yahtzee didn't really point out that many flaws and just seemed to be determined to hate the game regardless of it's quality.

Yahtzee said by no means was it a bad game. He pry just didn't care for it that much just as I didn't care for it that much.

Plus, you have to remember. Yahtzee does these reviews to be funny and not be entirely serious.

well that was amusing, now maybe he'll review something interesting (or random) next week.

Timelord91:

ziggybogidou:
or borderlands?
Maybe *gasp* MW2?

I doubt MW2, he only reviewed the first MW due to overwhelming emails asking him to do it.

And this will be any different?

Timelord91:

ziggybogidou:
or borderlands?
Maybe *gasp* MW2?

Except he really liked MW1. I know if I was a reviewer I'd be eager to review the sequel of a game I really liked.

Also I beat MW2. Its really good. As if anyone needed to be told that.

HAHA I love the waiting for a game that matters: DRAGON AGE! Woo hopefully DA:O is the next ZP review. Great review, good game but god i hated jumping at shit that looked like a ledge only to fall to my death.

LOL i loved the crack at Gamespot. This was a Good one.

Im slightly agrieved that Gears Of War has been heralded as the owner and birth game for this type of 'cover shooting'...does anyone else remember Killswitch???? That had that exact game model on the PS2!!!! I dont know if someone did it before Killswitch, but I get fed up with everyone saying things are stolen of Gears when its so damn not! Gears are as much a thief as anyone else...just because everyones played that game :(

snowman6251:

Timelord91:

ziggybogidou:
or borderlands?
Maybe *gasp* MW2?

Except he really liked MW1. I know if I was a reviewer I'd be eager to review the sequel of a game I really liked.

Unless he believes that a sequel cannot be as good as the original.

Also, yes.....yes it is!

RAND00M:

stiver:
Man definitely going to skip this.
Good looking games have never been the reason to get it. Bad gameplay is best avoided.

boring concepts.

Im gonna guess that you're one of those people that take his reviews seriously.

I'm gonna guess that you're a PS3 owner?

Meh Suck it Yattzze. What? I can't think of anything to say right now.

duchaked:

RAND00M:

stiver:
Good looking games have never been the reason to get it. Bad gameplay is best avoided.

boring concepts.

I'm gonna guess that...oh look a kitten!

I don't know what to say about this review. No really, I have no idea.

Timelord91:

snowman6251:

Timelord91:

ziggybogidou:
or borderlands?
Maybe *gasp* MW2?

Unless he believes that a sequel cannot be as good as the original.

Also, yes.....yes it is!

=)

SmilingKitsune:
Meh, while this might be my love of the Uncharted games shining through a little, I didn't laugh once.

yeah, probably more than just a little

haha no need to let it get to you, really

Very funny, ive actually been wanting to play this game for a while.

Good review as always,Yahtzee.

duchaked:

RAND00M:

stiver:

boring concepts.

What's with this prejudice? Are you going to accuse him of being a fanboy now?

Awesome review as always Yahtzee, I knew you weren't going to like the game much, it's a sequel with more of the same, how can he praise that ?

lwm3398:
Damn. You know, my friend told me it was a great game, all cinematic and adventurous and sandbox-y... I was just gonna wait for a little confirmation.

Well, it seems I've saved sixty dollars.

I don't think he said it was a "bad" game. He simply pointed out that it doesn't do anything that's actually "new". That said, most games don't actually give us anything new to cheer about, and while that is a sad state of affairs, a statement that the game is "good" but "safe" is virtually content free as a sentence. Gears of War is a game that many people enjoy for it's mechanics, and tomb raider managed to raise (and later lose) a huge following through thanks in no small part to the mechanics it used. Uncharted 2 combines the two elements with a story stolen from movies that most people like, and the result, while hardly new, is at least function and entertaining.

Few games have given us a truly unique story but some games can tell a generic story in a compelling fashion. While some might find the character uninteresting, one must at least recongize that they have exceptional voice acting and, in a rare moment for a game, quality physical acting as well. As such, if one really must level a complaint about the characters, it must be a complaint about the use of archetypal characters as the characters themselves are well fleshed out and don't seem to act in a way that seems inconsistent.

As such, while one can find something to complain about in any game (this is what ZP does afterall), the question ultimately is do the things you like outweigh the things you don't? For most people, I suspect that Uncharted 2 will fall on the happy side of the two possibilities. For those that actually desperately seek story, dynamic characters and the rest of the things that people often point out as being wrong in a game that is generally loved by the masses, I have to say perhaps you need to invest your time in another medium. There will be a day eventually when people who tell good stories will successfuly interact with people who make fun games, but thus far such a marriage has generally been unsuccessful.

This game would be the one to make me buy a PS3 - there's just nothing else that interests me other than inFamous!

Vlane:

duchaked:

RAND00M:

stiver:

boring concepts.

I'm gonna guess that...oh look a kitten!

I don't know what to say about this review. No really, I have no idea.

hahaha =]
but yeah, no need to get upset when he bashes a title game for your preferred console (altho I've seen it more with Wii owners rather than of the PS360 variety, but then again Yahtzee does give the Wii special treatment lol)

don't be a sour puss (aha)
xD

edit: but okay fine let's be serious about it then (see two comments above)
I think I'm gonna get off the forums and maybe go play a game or something (not exactly one to go gonzo on forums lol)

I love it when Yahtzee tears a smug asshole character a new one. I'm really starting to hate these commitee driven games, that do nothing but make you do the same things over and over again.

Ugh..due to my ability to imagine what things look like after hearing about it, I can't the homoerotic noogie out of my head.

Thanks Yahtzee x.x

Was wondering what they were going to do with the villains (and their racial appearance), apparently they couldn't get a good bl....no..not going there..

Anyways! Funny as always!

By comparing his review's of uncharted and Tomb Raider maybe his wish of finding Lara Croft a husband is coming true with Nathan Drake

Startling coincidence how all the console exclusives make Yahtzee spew pure hatred at them >:/

Maybe I'm biased because I love the game to bits but did he even notice the part where the main villian questions how Drake is different from him?

HUBILUB:

duchaked:

RAND00M:

stiver:

boring concepts.

What's with this prejudice? Are you going to accuse him of being a fanboy now?

no! =) I am acknowledging some level of heightened emotions (an observation really)
I own a PS3 anyway
but really I just found the comment on Yahtzee a bit unwarranted (I can almost agree with the arguments there, but it's all in how you say it)

I liked the game but the erotic humping and noogies was quite funny.

well it does look like a bland game nothing I would be interested in since I like to take a big gun & run throw waves of the other team

funny review, really.
I don't know what people see in bestselling games like this or mw1, for me they both suck. Isnt gameplay the most important things in A game?

Eh, I still think its a good game due to the fact that it sets a standard for storytelling that all games should in my opinion be attempting to meet. Nevertheless, hilarious review as always.

I liked the nod to Dragon Age at the end, I hope we can assume that will be in the coming weeks, also still would love to hear Borderlands get ripped apart. Boring overrated pos

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here