Review: Forza 3

Review: Forza 3

Forza 3 offers enough to satisfy any hardcore racing gamers needs.

Read Full Article

It's great if you love racing sims, it's great. I don't. I enjoy it, but I won't be playing it for long.
A friend of mine actually spend 300 euro's on this game. 60 for the game itself, 100 for the steering wheel and another 240 to build a tablethingie to put the wheel on. he's planning to put a car stereo, mirrors and neon on it too. nutcase...

I loved Forza 1 and 2.
Although I've only played Forza 3 for a short time because my 360 decided to die, but it was no let down. What little game time I had of it was great, the graphics were awesome and I love some of the new tracks. Good game. I look forward to Christmas when I'll be able to play some more.

Played forza on the 360 with a mate once, I love racing games, but there was really no fun in it for us, we both had similar cars, and once you got onto that racing line the race was over , neither one of us would shift from it, meaning we had lap after lap of the exact same thing because we were doing basically identical lap times, we then played something else xD

Now, good players IRL will follow an identical line, and when i was in a 'good' room in F2, that would often occur, the same drivers often at the front, and others nearer the back.
if there were no lag, and they were silent, and no one went backwards, i'd say the difference between human and computer drivers is negligible.
BUT its the talking and custom skins and community that set online apart, eveen if you only podium 1/2 the time, you can still have a blast.

Well, it was fun for me (mostly cause I spend an hour just in the car dealer menu everytime I play)
:)

Another problem with Forza 3 is that, like in Forza 2, the races towards the end of Season Play become pretty lengthy. You really have to be a pretty passionate car enthusiast to enjoy some of these longer races. For the rest of us, going around the same track for twenty minutes just becomes repetitive.

fuck me..20 minutes?

There are some of the Endurance maps that are just near ONE HOUR.
I know because I'm one of those who still plays F2 and is trying to get the achievements for it..and getting all cars from all regions takes a lot of money and 1 way to earn a bunch of money in one race? Endurance.

akmarksman:
Another problem with Forza 3 is that, like in Forza 2, the races towards the end of Season Play become pretty lengthy. You really have to be a pretty passionate car enthusiast to enjoy some of these longer races. For the rest of us, going around the same track for twenty minutes just becomes repetitive.

fuck me..20 minutes?

I know because I'm one of those who still plays F2 and is trying to get the achievements for it..and getting all cars from all regions takes a lot of money and 1 way to earn a bunch of money in one race? Endurance.

I think the ones in Forza 3 are even longer. The two I've done took me an hour or more, whereas in Forza 2 they'd take 45-50 minutes.

akmarksman:

The 17 laps of Le Mans in Forza 3 took me just a little over an hour in a Bugatti Veyron that was hitting around 240mph on the straightaways.

Forza 3 is a pretty solid game. I really enjoy selling my car designs with the storefront feature instead of having to auction off cars. My only complaint is the Drift Lap achievement only being worth 5GP. Getting that achievement was a royal pain (read: thank god for that rewind button).

I played and completed the 2hr endurance in Gran turismo 3, THOSE TOOK TIME, AND there was no restart race option!
and i was 12 at the time
damn...time flies...
but totally worth it if you're a car-nut.

akmarksman:

fuck me..20 minutes?

Ah, I already finished all of them. They're usually 45 minutes in a good car, but the last ones can go for an hour or more (last one took me an hour and ten minutes).

akmarksman:

fuck me..20 minutes?

Lol, in F2 f I just tuned my car right for endurance and hired the crappiest driver. Free money.

I never liked racing sims, apart from Burnout because it rewarded me for crashing, which it did a lot. I crash a lot in Forza 3 as well, but with rewind it doesn't mean I am forced to restart the race, which I love.

Bit by bit I'm turning off the help, and the game is more fun as I do so, but if I remove them all at once I crash. So maybe this game is for more than just hardcore racing fans.

Oh the multiplayer is good, but there seems to be quite a few Nascar fans demanding that people only use Stock cars, even if the track is something like time square. Also the winnder of a race seems to depend on car choice, rather then skill. I normaly have my custom Lotus Elise 340 set as the best car for whatever race I go in, but sometimes I don't have the best car, and those races are normaly over at the start.

akmarksman:

fuck me..20 minutes?

Gran Turismo is inclined towards even longer races, particularly in the newer installments, and twenty minutes is the standard time that I would spend at a race in the likes of GTR Evolution. It's really not that long a time at all, particularly if you do happen to be a car enthusiast.

(For the record, I am the sort who wants to go to the 24 Hours of Le Mans - and watch the cars thundering down the Hunaudieres at three in the morning.)

Knight Templar:
I never liked racing sims, apart from Burnout because it rewarded me for crashing, which it did a lot.

I've never been a fan of anything that rewards you for crashing. As far as I'm concerned, if you end up crashing, it's usually because you're not taking a corner properly, and therefore, punishment is apt.

RAKtheUndead:

Knight Templar:
I never liked racing sims, apart from Burnout because it rewarded me for crashing, which it did a lot.

I've never been a fan of anything that rewards you for crashing. As far as I'm concerned, if you end up crashing, it's usually because you're not taking a corner properly, and therefore, punishment is apt.

Maybe it is, but it was never fun for me and made the games hard to get into. Because I had the ablity to replay a turn untill I got it right I learned why I was doing so badly, "too fast, bad angle".

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here