Unskippable: Left 4 Dead

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Rock 'n' Soul:
I'm just going to go ahead and come to terms with the fact that I'm probably one of few that laughed at the "West Side Story" reference.

That was my favorite joke.

Loved it! :D

ROFL! That one was really good.

OK, I'm big enough to admit it - I was wrong.

I thought you guys couldn't work with good cutscenes, but this proved me wrong - I laughed, a lot :)

'Someones still alive.'
Oh boy, lets kill her! and nevermind, it's only boxes.. Are the two parts that made me laugh.

hazabaza1:
Wait, wait wait wait wait.
Graham, Paul, what the hell is this?
I believe the catchphrase is "Bad cinematic have never been so good"? Then you show up with Borderlands, and now this? Both awesome openings to awesome games.

I'm very disappointed in you, guys. Very disappointed.
Tut tut.

The really bad cinematics don't result in very good riffs, either. (see: Damnation, Radiata Stories, Run Like Hell) The best Unskippables, IMHO, are the ones that hit that sweet spot of "so bad it's good."

OK, now THAT was hillarious. The part about "Alex Mercer" and the zombie wheater report made me laugh the most.

What I still don't get is the random flash of lightning that reveals the witch and the one at the start.
There's no hint of rain and they're the only flashes in the opening scene.

hahaha pretty much everything after the Prototype joke had me laughing out loud =)

JugglerPanda:

Rock 'n' Soul:
I'm just going to go ahead and come to terms with the fact that I'm probably one of few that laughed at the "West Side Story" reference.

That was my favorite joke.

Ha, love the part with the Hunter.

Actually, they are called zombies in-game. Even though we should call them freaks, or biological accidents.

I will give Left 4 Dead's opening props on being what is essentially a training video. Everything done in the opening (saving people, most of the Special Infected, how to use the pipebomb, not shining a light on the Witch) is done in the game.

My fav line, "They told me the zombie hunt would be business-casual, but I feel so overdressed."

I guffawed at the "News Chopper 9" bit. And the "West Side Story dance-off" bit was pretty good too. I always felt like this was one of the better-done intro cinematics, but there's always room for some good snarkiness. Also- remember to always ensure that your batteries are fully charged.

But, seriously, Louis? Do you sneak off every night to shave? I mean, really, I thought my facial hair grew out slowly.

I thought the whole point of Unskippable was to take the piss out of bad cutscenes?

That was alot longer than I remember it being. Did the PC version get a cut down version of the intro movie?

Haha "off the hizzook". I can really imagine Bill saying that.

That was the first good goodscene you have ripped, and it was everybit as good as the others.

Always remember, kids, to make sure your batteries are charged and the commute is clear of the rampaging hordes of the undead.

RAND00M:

GrinningManiac:
We WILL have a party

and it will be off the hizzim

...What the hell is a hizzim, anyhow?

Itīs the same as being of the chizziz.

Word.

Balthassar:
That was alot longer than I remember it being. Did the PC version get a cut down version of the intro movie?

No. You might have skip it enough to not really notice the length of it.

Though, something about the beginning seems off from what I remember...

great episode guys

Breaking down barriers?

Painful!

I haven't played the game but god does this cut scene suck XD

Doesn't let me hold out much hope for the plot of the game.

Balthassar:

Nope, same video for all versions I believe. It's just mice don't run out of batteries as often. :)

Hithlain:
I haven't played the game but god does this cut scene suck XD

Doesn't let me hold out much hope for the plot of the game.

Troll, ironic or just insane? Only you can decide.

Aww, now I feel sorry for him, being smashed by a Hulk Tank like that. How rude.
And I would be more worried about finding a Snake hiding in one those cardboard boxes.

Great episode, guys. Here, have a Palm Dīor.

Borderlands and now Left 4 Dead?
Im out.

"Oh it's just a sad gothic chick, let's leave her to her poetry."

Loved that line and the chopper nine bit.

JSW:
The black guy survived longer than anyone in Night of the Living Dead, and that was the original zombie movie.

(And the only good one, other than the comedies.)

I hate to be such a stickler about this, but the black guy in Night of the Living Dead wasn't the longest lasting survivor - it was the girl.

Poor Kool-Aid Man...
I've always wanted to see him break through a wall in Left 4 Dead.

My favorite Unskippable

JSW:
The black guy survived longer than anyone in Night of the Living Dead, and that was the original zombie movie.

(And the only good one, other than the comedies.)

Well yeah, but what happened to him at the end? I rest my case.

Good job on the vid, I loved the intro bit with the 'skip introduction' button!

I couldn't stop laughing... Thank you for that. "Hey, hey! We can skip this one!" ROFLMAO!

In other news, desert bus! Yay!

Great job, Mr. Stark and Mr. Saunders.

chaosd1:
I will give Left 4 Dead's opening props on being what is essentially a training video. Everything done in the opening (saving people, most of the Special Infected, how to use the pipebomb, not shining a light on the Witch) is done in the game.

I agree. Just about everything you need to know about the game is right there.

It was interesting to see Valve's blog on how they evolved this from what they started with (they were going to play up a love interest between Zoey and Francis, for instance).

When I saw the title of this episode, my first thought was that the comments were going to be full of, "Hey, this is actually skippable!" You took care of that nicely. Well played. :)

eh, it wasn't quite as saturated with jokes as they usually are, I don't know if this cut scene was the best choice

lol, the two girls kissing coupled with the imagery of all of the zombies running was hilarious

Ruffs:
Borderlands and now Left 4 Dead?
Im out.

um, WHY?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist: