Desert Bus for Hope Charity Videogame Marathon Starts Tonight

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

How many of the LLR crew are in on this? Do they take shifts? I see six people in the room as of this typing.

I wonder if they'll do a TV one, maybe a group of gamers who have to watch nothing but a constant stream of lunchtime soaps, that'll be a challenge...

alimination602:
These people should try driving a REAL bus, then they'd realise how draining and challenging it actually is, and that you actually get tired by travelling and not just driving. Regardless whether this is for charity or not its really stupid.

Was that constructive in any way? I think they realise that the game is stupid and tiring, that's why they're putting themselves through the torture of playing it themselves. Just because you've driven a bus before and didn't like it doesn't give you the right to rain on their parade.

I'd recommend you look up "Desert Bus" on wikipedia or some other source you feel comfortable with. While I don't completely agree with Penn and Teller, they do have a point. The most interesting thing happening in the game is when a bug is squashed on the windshield after 5 hours and 33 minutes (iirc).

I watched the show last year, and it was a lot of fun. The game is not really the point, it just gives them something to focus things around and hilarity ensues every time they crash the bus. Did you know that Paul had a full beard about one year ago? Yeah, he shaved it off for quite a bit of a donation. Also, remember this:

Remember - Child's Play is a registered charity, so if you live in the United States, your donations are tax deductible. You can get a tax receipt by contacting Child's Play.

Myself, I will have "Desert Bus for hope" as one of my tabs for the next 6(?) days.

So it's basically all the fun of a road trip without all the fun of a road trip.

Neato!

alimination602:
These people should try driving a REAL bus, then they'd realise how draining and challenging it actually is, and that you actually get tired by travelling and not just driving. Regardless whether this is for charity or not its really stupid.

Bitching about someone doing something for charity is a lot like being an unrepentant jackass.
Just sayin'.

But hey, great first post!
I'm sure you'll have a long stay here.

Y.M.C.A. for the win. :) Watch it...

Damn I've been laughing ever since I started watching this. Good luck guys and keep up the hard work.

Good god, I canīt stop watching this! Itīs just a bunch of people in a room talking and being goofy and playing a ridiculously boring game, and I just canīt stop watching. I should be doing stuff, important stuff...Nah, just kidding.

The best part is, Iīm enjoying this.

Brilliant idea guys, Ima try and donate. Well done!

w00t Graham singing White n Nerdy rules.

What you're missing....

Carmeldansen rules.

Aaaaand its already up on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btgUPnUxrC4

Listening to this (http://www.ustream.tv/channel/desert-bus-drivercam) in the background. It's good company during the wee hours of lonely studying. That and the IRC channels #escapist at ChatSpike and #desert-bus-drivercam on Ustream (chat1.ustream.tv). They make for good combo, for great justice. Also, LRR is awesome for doing this, and so is the Escapist for supporting it <3

Is there going to be like a highlights reel at the end. I've been listening to and watching a lot, but I still miss stuff.

alimination602:

then no one would donate to this charity event by them.

28 DAYS LATER ARE NOT ZOMBIES!!! They are not the undead, just pissed off humans.

I was trying to figure out where to chat as well but still have no luck....

YourNeighbor:
I was trying to figure out where to chat as well but still have no luck....

Try the live chat at http://desertbus.org/.

Desert bus is still going and still needs your money/tweets and suggestions.

Check out Morgan's Double Mohawk.

We're having fun so far, and we've broken $30,000!

We have a long way to go yet, though, so keep tuning in, keep tweeting with the #desertbus hashtag, and keep donating!

Thanks to everyone for watching, and a huge thanks to the Escapist for setting up this portal for us.

Damn. I really wish I could go, seeing as opportunities like these don't come around in awhile, but I just don't think it's feasible right now. I've got a lot of work that needs attending to, but if I didn't, I'd be right there with you guys.

*sigh* Oh well. If anyone in the thread ends up going, please tell them I said hi, and good luck! :)

Just join the live feed and it looks like its goin to be a fun night

My only question is where is the live feed chat window?

-M

midnightalone:
Just join the live feed and it looks like its goin to be a fun night

My only question is where is the live feed chat window?

-M

This http://www.ustream.tv/channel/desert-bus-drivercam will get you both, but you'll have to deal with the feed.

For the Children!

The_Oracle:
Damn. I really wish I could go, seeing as opportunities like these don't come around in awhile, but I just don't think it's feasible right now. I've got a lot of work that needs attending to, but if I didn't, I'd be right there with you guys.

*sigh* Oh well. If anyone in the thread ends up going, please tell them I said hi, and good luck! :)

It's not a destination, per se, but a journey, and you need only watch these brave souls via the feeds shown on the page linked. You can also donate to the cause (Child's Play), which also adds to their driving time.

Did this just go offline for anyone? Did it end already? Or is it some weird problem?

I was cracking up when Paul did a dramatic reading of that harry potter fanfic.

I've been loving this since it started.
So good I had to make an avatar of some s-club singing X3

They should beware. On Tuesday, Project Smash will dump a load of money onto them.

What is... project smash?

I have been watching for 2 days, this is something that I'd love to do, with the Loading Ready Run crew.

Lady Kathleen:
What is... project smash?

Project Smash is the Smash Brothers Tournament at my local Anime Club being resurrected for Desert Bus charity. A buncha' people competing in Brawl whose money thrown in (for buying in and getting into higher rounds if they lose) will raise - they're hoping - a chunk of money for you guys.

It's all looking good so far!
Nice to see you all sacrificing sanity and pride in an effort to raise money.

Everybody at LRR is doing a great job. I plan to get back into it once IRC restores my voice, which might be a while considering how busy the chat can be.

Meantime, here's a blog post.

BlueInkAlchemist:
Everybody at LRR is doing a great job. I plan to get back into it once IRC restores my voice, which might be a while considering how busy the chat can be.

Meantime, here's a blog post.

And another here.

Even if you can't donate something, and one pint or a burger is enough (Ģ3/$5), then put #desertbus in your tweets. For the children!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here