The Pocket Gamer Report: All I Want for Christmas Are New Handheld Games

The Pocket Gamer Report: All I Want for Christmas Are New Handheld Games

The handheld gaming line-up is akin to a sack of coal this Christmas.

Read Full Article

I agree with most of what you said except the price part. with the Wii now only being $200 its cheaper than all Iphone/Ipod touch models is cheaper than the PSPgo and just slightly more than than a DSi.

I won't say second. Even though I just did. All credit to the guy above.
EDIT: That doesn't count as a FIRST comment, does it? Anyway, there is SOME good handheld games out. Tekken 6, Scribblenauts if you've been asleep for a while, Mario And Luigi's inside story, and now I'm off to read the article, because it probably says the very same thing.

Nintendo seems to be working on the next generation handheld, cause this is the first time ever in a holiday season the DS will be almost bone-dry of games.

Asassin's Creed bloodlines for PSP came out yesterday i think. Gran Turismo for PSP. can't think of any more.

The holidays aren't going to feature the new Pokemon games for the U.S. market, and Pokemon has always sold ridiculously well.

Yeah, I've noticed a dramatic lack of new handheld games for Christmas. I'm likely going to go for older titles like Fire Emblem DS since nothing good seems to be coming out (I'm not a Zelda fan)

Asasins creed 2 came out recently on the ds

I'm all for new hand held games. Hell I just got two Castlevania games last weeks for my GBA last week. I love hand held games

Well there may not be a werehouse full of new games being released for Xmas but truth be told (at least for psp) there are lpenty of old lpatinum games out there that are waiting for the new owners to discover. Quality doesnt mean new. Just go around the internet or the shop and your bound to find something cool you would enjoy playing.
Unless you somehow have everething released so far then yes...ur a lil bit screwed....

p.p: Gran Turismo for all its grand cars sucks major balls....of course its my own opinion i just cant rly see the game as a good way to chill n relax with its dead serious gameplay-simulation style. Just give me a NFS to break loose n im happy xD
Tho i did enjoy the premium psp edition with the GT mark on it :D its rather cool ^ now im kinda happy i broke my old one xD

To be honest the console list isn't much better. Sequels will always sell well to most gamers, which is why there has been a few in the past couple of months but after that there isn't too much. A lot of gamers will have probably got Assassin's Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2 and Uncharted 2 around release day. Christmas 2009 is a poor christmas all together for gamers. Most of the games to look forward to come out next year like Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2.

Well, I'm going after some slightly older releases, as far as handheld gaming goes, this year, but for someone with most Triple A's already, it might be a little dry. I don't mind though, because I have a shiny new PS3 to play this Christmas, so I'll be getting my fill on that.

Azmael Silverlance:
p.p: Gran Turismo for all its grand cars sucks major balls....of course its my own opinion i just cant rly see the game as a good way to chill n relax with its dead serious gameplay-simulation style. Just give me a NFS to break loose n im happy xD

I find that I'm the opposite. Arcade racing games just don't hold my attention like simulation games.

it i very lacking for the portiable sidei think fantasy star is ot for the ds but other than tat nothing to exciteing

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here