There Will Be Brawl: Episode Nine

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

I hope Link has a fairy stashed away, I was looking forward to the possiblilty of his redemption by the end of the series.

Another great episode worth waiting for. I have to say There Will Be Brawl is my second favorite thing on here besides ZP. What you guys have done with this and how you have brought it out is just so brilliant. You all deserve a medal for all the work you put in.

awsome episode im confused about something
was that flute lugi played suppose to be the orcarnia or something caused it looked like a wooden flute

Aktrez:

NRX:

On another note, epic series and I have questions for Samus!

Ask away, sugar.

How did it feel working on a series like this, and are you saddened that it may be ending soon? b/c I am T_T

Finding the Power Glove would make them a god!

Bowser was greet, and the flute was amazing...

I cried a little at the end...maybe Red will finally be able to catch a Ganger now.

Amazing episode, best one so far and was worth every minute. I enjoyed the "your princess is in another castle" line and the pokemon theme was well done and original

Great episode, as always. I never noticed who the actor playing Waluigi was until now.

R.I.P. Pokemon Trainer, a.k.a. the Kid.

My god I don't want this to end, the acting is awesome I just can't wait to see the next one

I'm a guy 22 years old. And I couldn't help but cry near the end. You guys are doing such a good job capturing real emotions in your work.

NRX:

Aktrez:

NRX:

Ask away, sugar.

How did it feel working on a series like this, and are you saddened that it may be ending soon? b/c I am T_T

AMAZING cast ... AMAZING crew. Will be sad when it ends but, we are all a tight knit group so I'm sure you will be seeing more from everyone involved.

I never knew that song could be so moving. The whole episode was good, but the ending montage was absolutely amazing.

December, COME TO ME! lol that was really good and thrilling. Wouldn't be crazy if the fried remains of Kirby were actually Meta Knight's fried remains and Kirby was actually still alive?

Oh my goodness 25 minutes?! i gotta devote a block of actual time to this! It had better be amazing! I'm really looking forward to this....
*25 minutes later*
OMG worth every minute! Zelda's bangin Ganon should have seen that one a mile away! This is such a good series the costumes are so well done. easily besst gaming drama of all times!

Aktrez:

NRX:

Aktrez:

NRX:

Ask away, sugar.

AMAZING cast ... AMAZING crew. Will be sad when it ends but, we are all a tight knit group so I'm sure you will be seeing more from everyone involved.

Going to insert myself into this little interview *Nudge*

Any ideas for what your next series might be?

10:31 is epic win.

what is the possibility that Meta-Knight is the butcher? he is essentially a blue kirby with a sword and a mask. so shouldnt he be able to do all the same crap that kirby can? and he spends all his time watching kirby, who has a very hannibal lecter logic, which can prolly do some major mind games...also he would be able to open all of the cages. and finally hes still alive, they wrote him off as vanished, which simply means gone for a few episodes. any ideas?

wouldyoukindly99:

Aktrez:

NRX:

Aktrez:

NRX:

Ask away, sugar.

If I did know, I probably still wouldn't tell ya. A woman is more sexy when she's a bit mysterious. ;)

God I love this series.

With the Gamer & Watch clones it makes me wonder if they're following the subspace emissary plot. I hope not. While I hope to see the master hand near the top of the chain (not puppet master, no offense but he's more of an image than a character and a final battle with him would be pretty empty) I really hope all this buildup doesn't lead to a showdown with Tabuu. He was alright as a challenging boss fight at the end of the single player quest, but he lacks the deep roots in video game history that this series is built around. Without him I don't know how an army of Gamer & Watch clones were created, but having a showdown with him would lack and emotional resonance, more of a "FEAR ME, For I Am Powerful", than "Here is an examination of your life and mistakes that took you from a happy children' hero to the bitter shell of a man you are today and how it was your own fault, so be demoralied while I beat your head in" kind of thing I'm hoping for. I want the endgame to be as engrossing as everything else they've put out, showing our childhood fantasy world under the harsh light of reality and examining the tragic paths our heroes were set on as a result.

One last thing is I really wish they could have included more of Ness or Lucas. I appreciate the nonspeaking cameo, but if you look at what either of those children have been through in the plot of their own games you don't to add anything for them to fit into the world. You have two creepy psychic children who have been through mind breaking trauma and conditioned towards violence actions. Japan has built an entire industry over the creepy paranormal child idea. It would work in There Will Be Brawl, I just wish we got to see it.

Loved the K.K. cameo, it put the cherry on the cake for me :) Amazing ep, the ending was so sad! :( I got a little confused in a couple places, but thats probably since I don't recap on the last episode before diving into the new one :P

Can't wait for the last ep. Sad it's almost over :(

Aktrez:

wouldyoukindly99:

Aktrez:

NRX:

Aktrez:

NRX:

Ask away, sugar.

If I did know, I probably still wouldn't tell ya. A woman is more sexy when she's a bit mysterious. ;)

....damn tease.

Anyway, I've thoroughly enjoyed this series, can't wait for the grand finale. You are all terrific actors and your writers are top-notch, I hope to see more from you guys in the future. :)

Omega 2521:
I hope Link has a fairy stashed away, I was looking forward to the possiblilty of his redemption by the end of the series.

Right there with you. With the deaths and departures this episode I'm sure that if Link was supposed to be gone he'd be out. We're defiantly going to see him next episode. It may be for a death scene, or he might release a fairy, gear up, and head out on the warpath like the hero we know he is. Quadruple extra points to infinity if he hooks up with Midna before joining the brothers Mario.

wouldyoukindly99:

Aktrez:

wouldyoukindly99:

Aktrez:

NRX:

Aktrez:

NRX:

Ask away, sugar.

....damn tease.

Anyway, I've thoroughly enjoyed this series, can't wait for the grand finale. You are all terrific actors and your writers are top-notch, I hope to see more from you guys in the future. :)

I was hoping I Could get a question in regarding the performances? When you take on something like this (a cultural icon for gamers) where do you draw inspiration for the character? Did you go back to the games of the tie in works, or did you draw from more contemporary sources? Your take on Samus is the freshest I've ever seen so I've been wondering how you put it together.

Just watched the whole series, now I must see the conclusion!!!

Otakuman:

I was hoping I Could get a question in regarding the performances? When you take on something like this (a cultural icon for gamers) where do you draw inspiration for the character? Did you go back to the games of the tie in works, or did you draw from more contemporary sources? Your take on Samus is the freshest I've ever seen so I've been wondering how you put it together.

Wow, thanks for all the awesome questions guys.

For me, because this is set in a different "world" than the one that Miyamoto created for us, I didn't draw too much from the original character, aside from obvious traits. Yes, Samus is a badass bounty hunter. She is also a stripper but I felt that there was so much more to her than that. She's a hardened business woman but you can see that she honestly cares about other people and it isn't just about herself. There is a deep connection to Luigi, P.T. A deep hatred for PIT. These were all things that, along with the amazing Z.G. writing skills, were things that I really tried to capture with Samus.

Keep the questions coming! I'm sure the other cast members lurking (hey guys! /waves) would be happy to answer as well.

justblues:
awsome episode im confused about something
was that flute lugi played suppose to be the orcarnia or something caused it looked like a wooden flute

That's known as a Warp Flute, found in the game Super Mario Bros. 3. It allowed players to warp to different worlds.

that was THE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!! EPIC
well worth the wait
and the next one is going to be even more epic i hope

I must say, I loved all of the references:

-"Well excuuuuse me, Princess"
-The Ganon/Cpt. Falcon comparison.
-"I'm sorry Luigi, your princess is in another castle"
-The original Pokemon theme song.

And so on...

Very well done. Looking forward to the finale.

I actuality cried a little at the end

Can't wait to see what happens next!

Dammit, this series is brilliant, I wish there were more episodes ><
But I suppose quality over quantity, which is what Brawl does.
Thanks for another great episode :)

I'm going to mix references here for maximum horribleness.

First the obvious, Waluigi is pants on head retarded and it is absolutely ridiculous that Wario would use him like that. So if you want us to officially hate Wario and hope for his quick demise your attempt was super effective.

Second, Bowser was nailed very well, exceeded my expectations, I am now fully appoint with your show.

Third, YAY!!! for a Gannon reappearance! Favorite character in the show by a mile. I'd say I can't wait for the final episode, but that would be lying, I waited for this one successfully, odds are good I'll survive to see the next one.

Keep being awesome.

EDIT: Yay for being comment 100, nice number, the only thing more awesome would be if I had been comment 128.

Aktrez:
*Le Snip*

More questions eh? Alright.

Who makes the costumes for the show? Do you guys make them yourselves or do you pay someone outside to make them? Are there any costumes that are your favorites? Any that you dislike or thought needed improvement?

Fucking amazing. The best series on the Escapist. I'm saddened that this is all coming to an end, but I'm still damn excited for episode 10.

(Also, it seems to me that Power Suited Samus is the only playable character who hasn't appeared yet. Pretty please?)

EDIT: Oh, and Escapist video editors...STOP WITH THE DAMN CENSORING. It's stupid. You show Zero Punctuation. The word 'fuck' isn't' censored on the forums. There is no point for this.

Well. That was epic to say the least.
RIP P-T. ='(

Wow that was just awesome, one of the most compelling, and I'll confess that the ending brought me to tears, what a sad ending.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here