There Will Be Brawl: Episode Nine

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

I'll add one more for ya Aktrez:
How different does it feel doing the lines in person and then seeing yourself do the lines later in the finishing edit? Did you have any feeling like, "damn I should've done that better" to "I pulled it off better than I expected it to"?

Awesome, especially love the little jokes thrown in there like 'Your Princess is in another castle' and I laughed out loud when Link said 'Excuse me Princess!'. But again, awesome episode

I think Mercer continues to do a phenomenal job with Ganon; very mafia-esque, even when it appears plenty of characters have all disappeared.

Even though Bowser was short-lived, you got the idea that he was powerful in his time, continued to be incredibly influential, and possibly had the strength to turn things around. Would have been nice to see him hit the scenes a little more, of course, but can understand why that didn't happen.

Ending was sad, as was pointed out plenty. I thought the trainer was a good character, nobody wanted to see him go, he went in a gruesome way, which sucks. But it had to be done.

Liking it a lot, even though it leaves me with dozens of questions. Keep up the excellent work.

Seems I've forgotten one snipit of this forum, sorry for the double post, but it does seem relevent.

Aktrez, if it's not too much trouble to view my query:

I recall a question asked earlier in this thread about the possibilities of future work for yourself and possibly others in the crew. If you were to work together with this crew (or yourself, for that matter) on a different project, would we hear about it through the Escapist, or would there be a different outlet that we would need to reach?

It's all for the purpose of finding the new material, of course. Don't want to miss a good thing, now.

Thanks in advance.

The Excuse Me Princess, the Princess is in another castle, every last bit of it was great. I can't believe killed Link with the Master Sword, though! That's just insult to injury.

Sephiwind:
Wow... just wow. This episode was just freaking amazing. I was surprised to see the length and this episode didn't hold any punches. It makes you really wonder who is the the one pulling all the strings. Judging by what is all said it must be someone from a much older generation of video games.

Jeez wouldn't it be a trip if it was Pac-Man? That and Pitfall Harry are the only 2 actual named original video games characters I can come up with.

Really Pac-Man kind of fits the profile of the killer if you work on loose interpretations. For starters...

Fast: That could be interpreted since he needs to out run the ghosts.

Intelligent: He could be considered that since he had to guide around mazes.

Leaving the entrails behind could be the writers interpretation of when Pac-Man would eat the ghosts and only their eyes remained.

Can anyone else think of much older characters, that were original to the games, that fitthe profile?

I like this idea. Plus, Pac-man and Kirby are very similar, and Bowser mentions that the towers glow when he first appears, so maybe they're brothers... or the same person. I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. Hell, maybe Pac-man framed Kirby all those years ago!

Well, excuuuse me, princess.
Haha, classic!

*Gasp* It was the white Pikmin extract all along!

Oh and, nice use of the Pokemon theme at Red's funeral. That was a nice touch. :)

Sephiwind:

Doug:

Sephiwind:
Wow... just wow. This episode was just freaking amazing. I was surprised to see the length and this episode didn't hold any punches. It makes you really wonder who is the the one pulling all the strings. Judging by what is all said it must be someone from a much older generation of video games.

Jeez wouldn't it be a trip if it was Pac-Man? That and Pitfall Harry are the only 2 actual named original video games characters I can come up with.

Really Pac-Man kind of fits the profile of the killer if you work on loose interpretations. For starters...

Fast: That could be interpreted since he needs to out run the ghosts.

Intelligent: He could be considered that since he had to guide around mazes.

Leaving the entrails behind could be the writers interpretation of when Pac-Man would eat the ghosts and only their eyes remained.

Can anyone else think of much older characters, that were original to the games, that fit the profile?

I think...if we go by what Browser said... that the oldest things are reclaiming the kingdom... that it'll be the oldest one of them all - the Pong Paddle! Not sure how they'd show that in episode, but still...

I thought about that and tried matching it up with the things we all ready knew about the killer. It didn't seems to fit all the criteria for the killer even though you can't get much older then pong. I really think though that the big boss will be someone actually recognized as an actual character. The pong paddles weren't really characters.

True, true. Of course, the oldest character is Pac-man like you say. However... Mario was from the early days too... under the name 'Jumpman' - whether thats old enough to read something into that or not, I'll leave to your imagination... but...well, Mario would be interesting as the killer ;)

EDIT:
Looking it up, Donkey Kong ('Jumpman'/Mario's first outing) was in 1981, only 1 year after Pacman...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_Kong_%28video_game%29

And Luigi didn't appear until 2 years after Mario...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luigi

Also, what I meant was, maybe Mario snapped and his personally split - lets call them Mario and Jumpman, heh. Jumpman is a crazy mo-fo.

I'd say that it's Metaknight that's the killer.

Thank you again for the great questions. Let's see if I can disect these.

wouldyoukindly99: Who makes the costumes for the show? Do you guys make them yourselves or do you pay someone outside to make them? Are there any costumes that are your favorites? Any that you dislike or thought needed improvement?

JoEllen and Diana make most of the costumes. Jenny, Diana, Carly and JoEllen (with help from Vanessa) do the amazing make-up work. I'm always amazed by the prosthetics that are used. Bowser, Sonic, Ganon, the StarFox characters and P.T.'s death scene (which you don't get the full scope of on screen but OMG it looked SICK!!!) have been my favorites so far. Mercer, feel free to jump in there if I've missed anyone specific here!

NRX: How different does it feel doing the lines in person and then seeing yourself do the lines later in the finishing edit? Did you have any feeling like, "damn I should've done that better" to "I pulled it off better than I expected it to"?

It's funny watching a full episode. Sometimes we film things out of context so, going back and looking at it the way it's SUPPOSE to be really ties it all together. Like with any actor, I am my own worst critic. Usually, I can think of one or two other ways for things to come across in the aftermath but, I've never really hated something I've done. Everything is very raw and in the moment. Yes, sometimes I'm like "Oh, that didn't feel organic in real life but it sounded fine in the end". Those are always GREAT discoveries.

WilliamWhite1: I recall a question asked earlier in this thread about the possibilities of future work for yourself and possibly others in the crew. If you were to work together with this crew (or yourself, for that matter) on a different project, would we hear about it through the Escapist, or would there be a different outlet that we would need to reach?

I can't speak for everyone but, any other projects that I am involved in will most likely be posted on my personal website. That's http://www.aktrez.tv if anyone is interested. Again, it's my personal blog so, there is more than just my acting work on there. A lot of opinion pieces and gaming talk too.

You guys all rock! I'm really glad you like the episode.

marioman360:
"Well excuse me, Princess!"
god that was epic! haha

I heard it and didn't believe it, but yeah, they went there, and it was awesome.

made of win.

I love the part when Pokemon Trainer sings.

Wonderful episode, as usual. I actually just started watching this earlier tonight on a whim and here I am a few hour later having just nearly finished the series. I am eagerly awaiting the finale to the series.

And such a depressing ending, well played guys, well played.

Just started watching this yesterday and I love it xD Pity its only got one more episode left... Anyone else think they'll go for the Silence of the Lambs style of ending with Kirby not being dead? :D

That...that was epic. The ending was beautiful, but dear god the characters are starting to drop like flies.

Bowser was actually way more sane and likeable than I thought he would be, as well.

Awe-fullsome.
No more to say funny and brilliant. The end was the saddest part in whole series.

Fantastic work.

Just seen this posted up on my lunch break and these computers can't play videos!! AAARRRGGHH, now even more reason for the end of the day to come quickly, can't wait for this, 4 and a half hours and counting, this'l be the icing on the cake to an awesome week

Wow the song at the end is disturbingly good.

The ending, wow, speechless.. The writers are amazing

at first i was skeptical about there will be brawl.
but since the last few episodes and now this masterpiece, it takes the prize over ZP,unskippable and all others.

when it's all over. make a movie about it.
i'll be sure to buy it.

spike4072:
"I'm sorry Luigi, but your princess is in another castle"

Hehe its great how you fit bits of humor in and still keep things feeling serious. =D

I agree. :D
I look forward to new episodes of TWBB more than any tv program, great epp as always.

Et tu, Gee Dub?

I thought that this was an excellent episode. The characters are all great as usual, and Bowser was very well conceived, costumed and acted.

I'd say I can't wait til the next episode but I've said that every time and it has always been worth the wait.

Socken:
I love the interpretation of Bowser. The costume is lacking in some aspects (facial expressions), but his attitude and all is solid gold.

You just described this whole show

Thats Grade A stuff. I'm well upset that the kid died but a well these things happen.
Oh and the song was great, hoping for an mp3.

Now its time to kick ass

The final battle is upon this series.

Go Luigi, Go Mario, Go Fox, Go Samus, Go (hopefully) Link!!!!

There's only one question I have, where is Marth?

He seems to have disappeared.

I hope he is also apart of the Final battle

(battle line up possibilities)

Mario Versus Wario
Link Versus Gannon
Sheik Versus Zelda
Fox leading an army against GWs
Luigi Versus the Butcher
Marth (if he shows) and Meta knight clearing the final path for Luigi.

Uh... I think there was no killer. It was just a ruse by Ganon and his associates. I think the murders were done by separate characters.

I know it's been said before: This one was really good.
It saddens me that it does make it seem like the end of TWBB is getting closer.

Hey_look_a_cat:

Link Versus Gannon
Sheik Versus Zelda

Um I'm pretty sure Link is dead and that Sheik and Zelda are the same person

Rex Dark:
I know it's been said before: This one was really good.
It saddens me that it does make it seem like the end of TWBB is getting closer.

Yup, only one episode left... It almost hurts.

And if Aktrez or MatthewMercer are still reading these, i was just wondering if a dvd release would be possible. I understand that there's a good chance of some severe copyright issues happening, but hell, the Rooster Teeth guys were able to make a few pennies, and you guys damn sure deserve something for the amount of effort put in.
Then again, i'm mostly just thinking of myself here... and how i'd rather have the show in hard media rather then feeling bad about downloading it...

That said, you guys do a fantastic job (and i loved Gannon's suit, looked totally badass), and i thought the introduction of Green as P.T.'s girlfriend 'twas very clever.

Eric the Orange:

Hey_look_a_cat:

Link Versus Gannon
Sheik Versus Zelda

Um I'm pretty sure Link is dead and that Sheik and Zelda are the same person

oops sorry typo on the shiek thing Zelda versus Samus

and I doubt Link would die that easily

I was a bit confused by the opening, had to go back and watch the previous episode, but wow, great job. The black humour is still present but you still somehow make moments like the song at the end be both funny and touching, it's brilliant. Here's hoping for a DVD boxset, after, of course, the no doubt explosive finale.
EDIT: I just want to add that Ganondorf's acting was SUPERB! Seriously, you have the ideal vocal tone for him.

Awesome series ... was a late comer to it (episode nine was just released) so i sat down and watched it straight from episode 1 and wasn't disappointed

I'm speechless.

Great job and I'm really looking forward to the final episode.

And damn, Samus is hot!

Art. A truely moving series and I hope you continue with it, has to be one of the most genuinely moving shows I have seen.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here