There Will Be Brawl: Episode Nine

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Vkmies:

chromewarriorXIII:
That was awesome. I almost cried a little at the end. It seems like the series can't end next episode although I know you guys are only doing 10.

Man i dont want it to end.. :( It's one of the best made show in the site. damnit.

I know. I want the finale because I know it will be awesome, but I don't want it to end because then it's over.

What about Meta-Knight? he has all the same powers as Kirby, plus a sword which i believe was mentioned earlier in the series. and as he is kirbys guard, who knows how kirby may have twisted him over those long periods. i believe that kirby may have corrupted meta knight.

Each week actually makes me want to see it more, like an entire movie put together. Is it just me or does this actually make more sense than the plot (if you could call it that) of the game it is based on? I also feel the production values are higher than the Mario Bros movie. Great job this week, possibly the best yet.

I puked a little when kid began to sing, but other than that this was as good as ever. Also, I feel like crying because of Bowser. I'll miss him deeply.

Still crying...

SkullCap:

Supp:

SkullCap:

I personally think that the "person" behind all of the murders is Master Hand, turning all his kills into trophies (stuffing them and leaving their intestines...) I've thought this for a while, and before Bowser died he said something like "He'll be back, he has a prize to collect"

*Lightbulb* Oh Mama Mia, it all makes perfect sense. He can appear out of nowhere, has a personal arsenal of finger missles & lasers, and he can fly.

Master Hand is the Master Mind to this entire plan.

Master Hand commands the army of Mr.Game&Watch. He manipulated Ganondorf with promises of ruling the Mushroom Kingdom. Ganondorf then manipulated Zelda with false promises of power. Ganondorf used Olimar the Spaceman to create the explosive pills. Ganondorf said they would be used to "take care of the competition" and he used one to blow up Red's house. Why? Simple, because Red's a Pokemon Trainer and a Pokemon trainer basically commands powerful monsters. Red collected so many Pokemon that they would have been helpful to fight the army of MR.G&W's. Master Hand wanted to crush any possible threats.

Master Hand will be the one to truly control the Mushroom Kingdom. Ganondorf and Zelda don't know they are nothing but puppets; Master Hand is literally the HAND pulling the strings!

O_o.....Mama Mia.

Except, the creators have said on their forum that Master Hand and Crazy Hand aren't major characters at all.

Good try though.

Back to the drawing board i suppose.

Well I Think that Ganondorf is the main Manipulator here I think before this end you will see the reason he did it all. They might pull a watchman, where your going to hate Ganon but then at the end he will explain everything and you will just shit bricks and realize he was trying to help all along and you'll all be totally Awe struck.

But yeah really good story, I mean your writer, or writers are doing a hell of a job, and Dam the whole crew is pulling their worth. I love this series and will look forward for future projects from this group of parts of the group.
Needs more Waluigi. =P love that guy.

BustaJonesGavin:
**IMPORTANT**

For those of you wondering if there will be a DVD release of There Will Be Brawl, the answer is a definite YES.

http://therewillbebrawl.forumotion.net/there-will-be-brawl-the-web-series-f1/upcoming-dvd-release-in-2010-t390.htm

Just thought I'd pass that info along to all you very supportive fans. :)

Awesome! Please release it in europe too =p

I didn't think it was possible because of copyrights and stuff

Perfect. Simply perfect.

Awesome episode, one of the best so far.
highlights for me where:
Seeing bowser (no really that costume was 1000times better than the super mario bros movie)
"Excuse me princess" as a refance to the zelda cartoon
Gannondorf saying "your alot like me" to capt falcon
And the jigglypuff at the end xD

I said it b4 Nintedo started AS A TRADING CARD COMPANY in like the 1890's thats the start and im thinkin maybe it has something to do with it and they havent had anything very NONE nintendo so i dont think pong will do anything with it i think its nintedo only (besides solid snake who was in the game)

RobotNinja:
That was really good. Sucks that the kid died, he was my favorite character.

Same here

That was amazing, this is literally my favorite thing here on Escapist.

Although I'll have to agree with a few previous posters, the bleep in the beginning are annoying and kind of ruin the atmosphere. Kind of sad that Escapist is censoring things now.

Is it strange that this series has actually done more to convince me to buy a wii than any advertising by Nintendo? I miss my nintendo days :(

Holy crap, that was so awesome!!

Is that version of the Pokemon theme available somewhere?
It was waaaay too cool for me not to have it.

I38VWI:

Of course it is. Basically all the music is up for download on the apparently little known site, therewillbebrawl.com, along with some awesome wallpapers.

Plus, it's got the cast's portraits so you can see what they're like when they're not playing our favorite video game characters- which I think is pretty damn neat.

Bad Neighbour:

Doug:

Erm, I don't really know anything about Cpt. Falcon, so .... yeah, I still don't get that bit, lol.

I'm guessing it's because they both have essentially the same moveset on super smash bros brawl

edit: gah fail, too slow

I thought it was a reference to a japanese politician shouting at a member of the press "I'm not like you"

Where did you guys get the idea to give the series a dark spin? I haven't seen that happen to a game series since 2001 (although it was epic).

Awesome episode as always, but seriously, the Escapist, cut it out with those awful loud beeps...

this series is amazing, i love how well it is written.

Wow, you guys did not disappoint with Bowser. He was just as awesome as I imagined. And poor P.T. I was just starting to warm up to him too.

Also loved the one-liners.
-"Excuuuuuse me Princess!"
-"Ganondorf: You and me are more alike than you'd like to know."
"Cpt. falcon: I'm nothing like you!"
-The Pokemon theme at the end. It was all just amazing.

I eagerly await the conclusion.

I'm sorry Luigi, but your princess is in another castle...

I loved the Pokemon theme cover at the end too. The last one's gonna be awesome!

This show just keeps getting better and better for me.

An amazing movie. I've never been closer to crying over a dramatic miniseries than when "the kid" died. Good stuff and great acting, can't wait for episode 10!

It's such an awesome concept and it's delivered perfectly with great acting, costume design, and writing. I can't wait to see the next one I'll be sorry to see the series end but hopefully these guys will come out with another awesome series. I swear the death of the kid was so powerful. I liked the story but I didn't know how much I cared for the characters until his death, and the thought of a pokemon reference moving a grown man to tears sounds silly but they did it. Awesome episode, and if anyone can post a link where you can download the song I'd appreciate it.

energetic:
It's such an awesome concept and it's delivered perfectly with great acting, costume design, and writing. I can't wait to see the next one I'll be sorry to see the series end but hopefully these guys will come out with another awesome series. I swear the death of the kid was so powerful. I liked the story but I didn't know how much I cared for the characters until his death, and the thought of a pokemon reference moving a grown man to tears sounds silly but they did it. Awesome episode, and if anyone can post a link where you can download the song I'd appreciate it.

You can grab the full song here, on our website:

http://therewillbebrawl.com/downloads.php

"Taylor Wade - The Very Best"

SonicSoulstrike96:

I38VWI:

Of course it is. Basically all the music is up for download on the apparently little known site, therewillbebrawl.com, along with some awesome wallpapers.

Plus, it's got the cast's portraits so you can see what they're like when they're not playing our favorite video game characters- which I think is pretty damn neat.

Hey thanks! I already found the site and downloaded a bunch of stuff; it's a cool sit.

Awsome job, but in all seriousness, did The Kid really need to die?

Amazing as always! I can't wait until the next episode! Keep up the good work!

Achievment Relocked:
Awsome job, but in all seriousness, did The Kid really need to die?

I hate to say it, but it seems there really isn't any character immunity. For a long time I thought Red had done simply because he WAS so good and seemed to be just out of sight, out of mind for most of the series. I didn't expect anyone to even want to have a vendetta against him.

Sadly, when you have all the Pokemon in your corner, you are a target. Ganon even warned him to watch out.

They might pull a watchman, where your going to hate Ganon but then at the end he will explain everything and you will just shit bricks and realize he was trying to help all along and you'll all be totally Awe struck

I think it's more that he wants to take over the Mushroom Kingdom. He rules from the shadows and Zelda seems to want to be the queen. Right now, those two, as Kirby said, have the most to gain. So it seems they're the butchers unless Kirby makes another appearance.

My God...

This may be the best episode yet. It's too amazing for words. Should have sent a poet.

My one piece of advice is to not include the bleeps (as many have complained about) in the finished DVD. I will definitely buy just so I can watch the whole thing continuously.

zapperchamp:
My one piece of advice is to not include the bleeps (as many have complained about) in the finished DVD. I will definitely buy just so I can watch the whole thing continuously.

The censorship bleeps are added by the escapist. Fear not, the DVD release will be uncensored. :)

Can't wait for Ep. 10.

All dues get owed.

To the person who plays Ganondorf:

You ever considered going into professional acting?

This kinda reminds me of the last Harry Potter book.

Everyone dies in the space of 15 minutes.

I just realized the Captain is all set up to pull a Solo. Would certainly suit him =)

Times I have cried as hard as I did at the end of this episode:

1. When my great uncle died
2. When my guinea pig died
3. At the climax of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows [/MaximumNerdyness]

Absolutely brilliant. I've never been so happy to be sad, to be as cliché as I possibly can.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here