The Escapist Presents: Game-X: Gaming Hits the East Coast

Game-X: Gaming Hits the East Coast

Susan Arendt gives an overview of all there was to see and do at this year's Game-X.

Watch Video

for reason i thought conventions would look more lively and fun, but it was interesting and delivered in a nice aand relaxing tone.

swaki:
for reason i thought conventions would look more lively and fun, but it was interesting and delivered in a nice aand relaxing tone.

Well if it's unclear that first sped up shot was taking during the set-up the day before the doors open, not during the actual convention.

I actually really enjoyed GameX's more relaxed pace (as compared to other much larger conventions I've been to). The only frustrating bits were that 1) Rock Band was always playing over whatever else was going on (so loud! wish there were more than essentially 2 giant rooms), and that 2) the party place with the lumberjack wasn't obviously wheelchair accessible (I'm friends with and was helping out one of the Able Gamer guys and we thought we were screwed until we found out about the back door). I really liked the balance of gaming and industry. I definitely hope it will be happening again next year!

GameX was lots of fun. There was plenty to do, lots to see and everybody there was approachable and great to talk with. At least, the people I approached were.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here