Escapist News Network: Guild Chat

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Cool, it looks like De Vere took my advice and ramped up the attention to good diction. You go girl.

great episode i just wish jeremy would look at the freakin camera!

Fucking love The Guild!

Taerdin:
Why is Jeremy the only one not looking in the camera, ever. It looks kind of awkward.

Maybe he is reading a script that is just slightly to the left of the camera.

Great episode, the endings to these things are still my favorite. The interview was a whole new level of awkward, nice pony jam shirt though.

That's probably my favourite ENN so far.

I am very appoint.

Jeremy can't look at the camera, which I found sort of funny. Maybe he just needs more practice - other than that, that episode was freaking awesome (like they all are)

Kathleen De Veere if you're reading this please send me your panties so I can finish my love shrine dedicated you. Also, I want to smell your nethers!

lol. the end was awesome.

But yea did anyone else just skip over the Guild interview after about 10 seconds?

Agree with earlier posts, the guild interview was stretched a bit far, but I was astounded Jeff Lewis is the one playing Waluigi in There Will Be Brawl, I did not know that :D

Anyways, nice burn on the end xD

I liked the interview, and the opening lines were great.
"Hello, I'm Kathleen De Vere, filling in for Graham Stark who's away on assignment."
"And I'm Jeremy Petter, filling in for Kathleen De Vere, who is away today filling in for Graham Stark."

KICK ass! vork (aka jeff) had a captain hammer(aka Nathan Fillion) shirt =D amazing!

awesome, the interview was.........interesting (weird). but the intro-outro name slinging was as good as usual

when can i get a black Wii? that way the thing that's collecting dust downstairs can look at least a little bit good.

chickenlord:
KICK ass! vork (aka jeff) had a captain hammer(aka Nathan Fillion) shirt =D amazing!

I saw that and geeked out but I didn't want to be the first one to say so =)

Yeah, I love the show, but wow... that interview landed in uncanny valley of humor.

First time I've ever seen ENN run a gag into the cold cold ground.

Pretty awesome, can't wait for LRR in January

Agent Larkin:
The whole over-credits slagging match was brilliant.

Yeah, that was hilarious

Interview was just a little too awkward. Should have really lead into another joke off of it, imho.

jboking:

Maybe he is reading a script that is just slightly to the left of the camera.

Oh man, if ONLY we posted our scripts like that ;).

Hate to say it but this episode felt rather weak, the interview bit went on a bit too long for me but I know you guys are busy with everything else at the moment.

I love ENN, but seriously, this episode was terrible. The Guild thing wasn't particularly funny (at least, not to me), and the rest was ho-humm. The only good part was the arguing back and forth behind the credits. Better luck next week.

Pony Jam, eh? I am appoint.

This episode was compelling, I am very appoint.

That Sundeep guy looks really familiar... I might know him. Probably not.

Wandrecanada:

chickenlord:

I saw that and geeked out but I didn't want to be the first one to say so =)

be proud of your inner geek! that goes for everyone...its not like your trying to change...so enjoy it! =D

Eudaemonian:
ENN has been a great addition to the lineup (though it sometimes makes me wonder of it's supplanted the time the LRR cast might spend on Failhaus which I also enjoyed)

It's called the Phailhaus.

Sorry, gang, but the whole interview skit, it... well, it sort of died on the table there. Perhaps it's best just to pull the sheet over its head and move on.

Kathleen can trash-talk with the best of 'em, though.

SonicKoala:
Jeremy can't look at the camera, which I found sort of funny. Maybe he just needs more practice - other than that, that episode was freaking awesome (like they all are)

Or maybe Jeremy is secretly a cockatrice, and if he gazed directly into our eyes, we'd all turn to stone. I'm just throwing out ideas here.

littlerudi08107:
Kathleen De Veere if you're reading this please send me your panties so I can finish my love shrine dedicated you. Also, I want to smell your nethers!

...you're creeping me out, and I don't even WEAR panties.

...soft, silky, pretty pink panties, the kind that make you feel like even more of a man....

operagirl95:
Yeah, I love the show, but wow... that interview landed in uncanny valley of humor.

In a way, maybe they did something right there, if the awkwardness (and strangeness) can be felt even through the monitor. A silly little misunderstanding goes horribly wrong. Makes me wonder, is it okay anymore to laugh at this. Iīm appoint.

But I like Paulīs short appearances more :D

I enjoyed the interview bit and am surprised so many didn't, maybe it just wasn't what ENN folks were expecting from ENN?..
And you guys sure got a lot of footage out of that Philly con, I guess!

All too obvious that the interview was staged on both sides.

I have to say I'm dissapointed by this slot, because in an effort to appear funny (albeit with some success), ENN has missed an obvious niche. A straight-faced weekly video news bulletin presented by a couple of clean-cut, well presented people like Graham and Kathleen is exactly what's missing from this website. There are, admittedly, video news sites out there, but they're all too often mired by shrieky internet demagogues, opinionated reactionaries and journalistic plagiarism.

The Escapist hosts a lot of informative articles every week. It's a genuine shame that all the serious/quasi-serious stuff is confined to written form, while far more widely viewed video spots are all toung in cheek spoofs. I'm not saying there shouldn't be fun video spots. Clearly this site would be lost at sea without the likes of ZP. But surely there's room for some more serious journalistic fare on The Escapist's servers?

I like to think we are presenting actual news, with a satirical twist - you still get an idea of what is going on, but also you get some laughs in. Regarding us just presenting straight up news, no jokes - I'm not sure gaming news should take itself more seriously.

I'm glad everyone liked the end joke. Jer and I had a lot of fun with that. The original version was quite dirty:

Jer: Have I ever told you that you're like a sauna?
Kathleen: Because I'm hot and steamy?
Jer: Because you frequently have hairy european men inside you.

Finally: just call me Kathleen! Referring to me by "De Vere" makes me feel like I'm on some sort of organized sports team and I'm being yelled at for being rubbish at it, getting distracted, looking for four leaf clovers in the outfield and then getting hit in the head by a pop fly.

Great job again this week. The sauna and black Wii jokes were superb.

Oh how I love dry humour. The "interview" was pretty funny.

As much as I like watching Unskippable, ENN and the rest, the guild interview fell flat. I understand this was probably a joke they were all in on, but it was too convincing at how uncomfortable and akward the situation was and it went on for far too long. To be honest it probably would have been better if it was recycled GamerX interview footage or outakes.

I must say, I wholly expected Graham to do a runner when he was called out on being horribly, horribly unprepared.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here