Zero Punctuation: Assassin's Creed 2

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 NEXT

Augg:
great review man
is the "Shot a man to watch him die" text at the end screen by any chance a Johnny Cash reference?

Man, I was just browsing to the last page and was afraid no one else would've gotten that. There's no way it isn't. And man, people, knock it off about the voices in your heads already.

at 3:30

are they force feeding Assassin's Creed 2 up the ass(I'm going to guess the white stuff is semen) I didn't know Yathzee had that fetish???

Doesnt seem like he has a cold, seems the voice is somebody else

He's obviously just upgraded his recording equipment. He trying to give the best product he can offer. Something I wish "movie Bob" would do, seeing that it sounds like he's narrating from within his bathroom.

I dig the way he went back to his older voice. He's using actual comedy instead of just yelling. Keep it up my friend.

fredkruge:

Listen to the other reviews and then to this one, you can tell certain qualities in his voice are much different. You may have hit the nail on the head, since recording equipment doesn't change a person's tone or inflection the way his has in this review. He's either making a very concerted effort to sound different, or someone else is making a very concerted effort to sound like him.

Multi-Kill:

tony2077:
nice review but the game is a lot better then the first and that makes it a great game

He said it was alot better than the first.

it sounded like he didn't like it

jackwooly:
I don't like this new sounding voice

yeah what was with that??!?! did he have a blocked nose or just a really bad hangover...my friend said he didn't think it was different so i thought i might just be going deaf or something....

yeah i was thinking he just had a hangover..

Well Hoo-friggin'-ray, you finally got rid of the giant "PLAY" sign when you pause it to read the smarmy comments at the end. What dill thought a completely redundant reminder covering the screen was a good thing?

Oh yeah and very good with the whole review thing too...

everyone's like "eww new voice" its called having a sore throat, you have to live with it if you wint an ep a week.

Loved this review. I would definitely call AC2 a 20 redemption to the first game.

And I don't mind the 'new voice'. Obviously using a new mic or something, sounds a lot cleaner.

hmmmm What was with the voice change? you sound alot different now, since i met you u in the game expo and said hello (nice coat btw) no way a brocken mic can mess up that badly or can it? but anyway good review just the voice threw me off thats all 4.3/5 over all

clever girl, lol

Alias42:
Blimey, Yahtzee has jumped the shark. I used to watch all of his movie two or three times and laugh throughout, but this one wasn't even chuckle-worthy. I think Wolfenstein was the last proper "funny" review, it was downhill from there.

I wouldn't say he's jumped the shark yet. but I do agree with you that the last few seemed like he was phoning it in a bit...

I disagree on the final boss part, i loved beating the crap out of the pope...it was....SOOTHING o_o

Lerxst:

fredkruge:

Listen to the other reviews and then to this one, you can tell certain qualities in his voice are much different. You may have hit the nail on the head, since recording equipment doesn't change a person's tone or inflection the way his has in this review. He's either making a very concerted effort to sound different, or someone else is making a very concerted effort to sound like him.

That's exactly what I was thinking. A new mic doesn't change it that much. Also, at all live events, Australian Gamer podcasts, Game Damage and the Washington DC trip, he sounded the same, despite it being a different mic each time. There's no way a new set did this. I kind of got the feeling it's someone else. Must be either deliberate or a sore throat.

I actually couldn't pay attention to the video because of his voice, I was trying to decide weather he had a cold or it wasn't him.

I'm not sure which I came to a conclusion on.

Feelin' all right there, Yahtzee? Sounds like you've got a cold or something. Or are you just trying a different tone?

ITT: people in Australia get sick? That is just plain unbelievable.

Good review though, fair imo. :3

Wow, thirteen pages of viewers complaining about how Yahtzee sounds different possible for getting a new mic.

If this proves anything Yahtzee was right about fans, fans are clingy, complaining dipshits who will never, ever be happy for any concession you make.

>>

These "clingy" fans are the reason he has a job doing this show.

So yeah, what is up with the voice? It doesn't sound like the usual warm and cozy Yahtzee I'm used to :(

edward92:
I disagree on the final boss part, i loved beating the crap out of the pope...it was....SOOTHING o_o

Spoiler tags, my friend.

edward92:

Ah you cunt, you spoiled the entire bloody ending for me. Maybe if I hit myself hard enough I will suffer brain trauma and forget the ending.

edward92:

Ugh I hate you now. Ah well guess I got the joys of getting through the game to do that, but I still hate you quite alot.

WILL PEOPLE SHUT UP ABOUT HIS VOICE! 13 FREAKING PAGES AND PEOPLE STILL FEEL THE NEED TO COMMENT ON IT! HOLY HELL! and i didn't use caps because it's "cruise control for cool" or whatever retarded saying you fuckwads like to use. I am genuinely pissed off at the amount of retardation of these people to keep commenting on it like it will somehow magically change and make sense. Fuck all you people.

edward92:

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE. I WILL SHANK YOU IN YOUR SLEEP!

*spotted a Jurassic park reference*

*needs a life, obviously*

"Shot a man to watch him die."? A reference to Johnny Cash?

I actually like this new mic, he's never been TOO HARD to understand, but I think this is just a tad bit clearer.

It is true that it feels stuffed with variety to make up for the last, half the time I have no idea what to use in a given situation.

edward92:

Oh your such a dickhead, you just spoiled the ending for me. I hate nothing more then spoiler spouting twats.

Hang on, you're English, not European. Don't most Brits and continental Europeans consider that a huge distinction?

Have a cold this week?

Sounds like a fairly decent game. Might pick it up once the price drops. I still don't understand the whole Villa-building part. Seems like a pretty ludicrous addition.

1 out of the 450 comments I've read only one so far was actually talking about the game instead of Yathzee's voice

ol' benjamin talkin' slower and clearer so he'll have to write fewer jokes?...meh, maybe he's just sick

tony2077:

Multi-Kill:

tony2077:
nice review but the game is a lot better then the first and that makes it a great game

He said it was alot better than the first.

it sounded like he didn't like it

i'd like to point out that these posts prove that "yahtzee" is a poor reviewer and simply good at delivering funny rants

Acolyt3:
You will both be banned. How can you even have watched the video yet?

Apparently, they [the posters] don't care. Every single time Yahtzee makes a thread, someone rushes to post 'first!!!.' Every single time.

The mods are probably aware of this, otherwise they could have easily put some countermeasure in Yahtzee's threads prohibiting anyone from posting anything for six/seven minutes or so.

Ergo, they must be letting these people get themselves probated as a way of weeding out the undesirables or somesuch.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here