Zero Punctuation: Assassin's Creed 2

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 15 NEXT

CuddlyCombine:
On a side note, I'm amazed at how many people are still wondering about this.

And I just checked. This is pretty much tone-for-tone how he sounded in his review of The Darkness. Either that, or my ears are faulty, or my speakers (and headphones) are faulty.

They are faulty if you think just because someone talks at the same speed they sound exactly the same. Using your "Logic" everyone who talks slow sounds like Microsoft Sam because pitch is not a factor.

yahtzee what's up with your voice do you have a chest cold?
anyway good vid.

Are you sick, Yahtzee? You sounded odd.

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Assassin's Creed 2

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Assassin's Creed 2.

Watch Video

I am ever so happy this has been done as this is my Game of the Year! and he was amusingly positive about it, three cheers. It is funny when he has to kind of reach for complaints.

Having seen the video I will now see what all the commoners [commenters?] have to say about game and review of said game.

Would have been a funny review if not for the constantly nagging thought "wtf is wrong with his voice? did I miss the announcement that there would be some new gimmick this week or a guest star doing it????"

jackwooly:
I don't like this new sounding voice

So I'm not alone...

Yahtzee sounds different this week. Maybe he has a new microphone?

what happend to his voice??

Has Yahtzee been replaced by the voice actor of that alien in American Dad or something?

just like everyone else the voice was wierd...but the review was still really good.

Whatever mic he's using, I hate it.

I think it was down to a better mic this week.

Wow, I guess he liked it. It isn't super amazing good (Prince of Persia Trilogy), but it isn't bad (Prince of Persia 2008). It seems like a game that is worth the $65 I guess I'll pick it up when I get money.

I love how PoP is both the good and bad watermarks for Yahtzee.

Awesome video, as always, funny and informative, that's the way it should be. The only problem was the ending, while the gun isn't very fair, it hardly is able to be used with the amount of time it takes to aim, which is quite the balancer considering the short time a group of guards attack.

But an always epic video, the game was definitely worth the playthrough (and second playthrough) and I can't wait until next Wednesday for the next Zero Punctuation.

Oh, and that Escapist watermark really bugged the hell out of me, I'd hope that wasn't a permanent feature of your videos considering you've been here for years, but somehow, I see it staying.

Are you sick or something, whats up with your voice?

I like the new voice, sounds classy, like Jude Law

Hmm, since Yahtzee couldn't find much earth-shaking stuff to complain about, I'm really looking forward to picking up Assassin's Creed II. Also, new mic, new voice, oooh, blah blah blah.

I, too, am quite keen on gnocchi, especially in cream sauce. Mmm.

I couldn't enjoy this as much as I should have, Your voice was fucked up.

Voice, etc.

Achilles007:

jackwooly:

Yeah, what's with the new voice?

im pretty sure his "new voice" is the one he used for his first few reviews

Nice as always. Liked the cheeky little Jurassic Park reference in particular

So this the next Extra Punctuation going to be out games that have money in them but nothing buy with it?

Well the key to this one was to make a game better than the repetition that was the first game. So they nailed it although it would be quite hard to screw up, all they had to do was not make you do the same 3 missions over and over again. They do have side missions for money but one upgraded villa later you never even look at your money you just buy things. Personally I was done upgrading before I even finished the leather armor because I focused on the villa.

However I will happily sit out assassins creed w/e number it is when they focus on the story out of the animus for I hate Desmond.

Furburt:
Yahtzees voice sounds a bit different, new microphone?

Also, I did notice AC2 stretching into Fable 2 'useless money' syndrome.

Once again, YZ accurately surmised my opinion of the game, bravo.

You know, it reminds me of how he sounded in his earlier reviews... Strange

I'm about halfway through the game and I just beat the Da Vinci flying mission AND THAT'S THE ONLY TIME YOU USE IT! >_> DAMN IT!

jackwooly:

yea it doesn't sound like Yahtzee

good review, but I liked the random running around in the first one. it reminded be of banjokazooie in a way

unholyavenger13:

Achilles007:

jackwooly:

im pretty sure his "new voice" is the one he used for his first few reviews

Exactly what I was thinking; that's his Heavenly Sword voice.

So yeah, it sounded different.

And was there always an ugly watermark across the left-hand side of the screen?

For a second there I thought Yahtzee pulled that idiot from Unskippable into the video again when I realized that it could very well have been a bad case of the cold or something else.

Looking forward to getting this under my Christmas tree.

Yahtzee, do you have a cold? Or did you finally hit puberty?

Achilles007:

jackwooly:

I am guessing that he may have the flu or some type of cold

He seemed to stop speaking in an English accent too

Think the turn coat has gone native

Right ok who was satnding in for him!?

jackwooly:

sounds like he is sick

Why is everyone commenting on the voice? I think mods just need to take out comment adding to Zero Punctuation because no one add's anything, "that was a nice review" "not as funny as this one" fucking stupid.

OT: I really liked this game, I ignored most the side missions, climbed every tower, got the badass armor a little less than half way through the game and the glyphs were really fun/Challenging, I'm suprised you didn't say anything about those. However for the last boss...

sunpop:

However I will happily sit out assassins creed w/e number it is when they focus on the story out of the animus for I hate Desmond.

But thats the main story, and in the secound one they did pretty good on it I think, they went more in depth with it and it wasn't like "hey this storyline is still here too." Although I did think Ezio's story was more interesting and they didn't intervene too much with the present time I think they could build off of it pretty well, as long as they don't screw it up.

At first I thought it wasn't even him. Like that time when the Unskippable guy did a guest ZP review.

Anyway, interesting review. I'm actually anxious to play that one (waiting for the PC version, stupid delays!), I thought AC1 was a brilliant game in theory, just not all that well executed.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here