Rebecca Mayes Muses: Wet

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Wet

Rebecca Mayes is finding out that Wet isn't just a walk in the woods.

Watch Video

You couldn't have been clearer. It's a pretty mediocre game, although I did like the song as usual. It had this nice traditional country touch to it. Loved the fact that the guy acting alongside you was using a banana as an improvised gun!

By the way: what did you say during the credits when your mate was down? It sounded pretty hilarious!

I actually liked that game a ton...Especially the surfer rock soundtrack.

You're very brave to go walking though the forest barefoot. If I did that I would be covered head to toe with poison ivy. A joy to watch as always ^-^

I like this song.It had sort of a Country + African tribal music feel.

Was that a banana in his pocket or was he just ha- wait. No. That was a banana.
Never mind, then...

liked the jethro tull reference. got into these videos recently. really good work on both the video and music

liked the song and the review. think its spot on.

epic triangle.

such a small instrument, but when used properly it can make a good song great.

Thank you!. That video made me smile today!

I was actually pretty excited clicking play when I saw this new video up: I'm not saying Rebecca's musings are like the highlight of my fortnights or anything, but...

i liked the song. i never played wet but everyone says it is shitty so i must follow blindly like the nice little sheep i am...baa

Moral of the story: don't steal her hat. She'll fuck you up.

Lovely as always, surely nearing time for an album release by now...

Pretty nice song, I'm a metalhead myself but you have such good talent :)

Are you KIDDING ME! The tree fell apart! How do you make that for a song, how do you catch such a shot? Did you bring a GIANT FAKE TREE in the WOODS? or did a HUGE TREE fell in to apart while you were there? That was insane, looked like a huge shot of luck, even tho it wasn't impressive, it was there, and such a shot seemed very very weird.
Am I the only one thinking this?

Your getting better every time.
But you know what would have been great? Some kind of chorus which goes fast and loud, this song really needed it, because it goes in the same motion all the way trough. You need to shake up a little bit after such a slow rhythms.

Remind me never to steal your hat.

That was a awesome song and the video was pretty good.

Very well done. I agree that maybe the rhythms could have been shaken up a bit here and there, but I really liked how the lyrics all built to very sweet, sad question; you're growing out of being a simple reviewer and are instead using your songs to explore personal issues within games, which sounds very silly, but you pull it off.

My only advice would be to drop all the technical aspects of a game reviewing ("Damn wonky camera") which almost always feel tacked-on or unnecessary, and focus entirely on the deeper themes you explore so well ("I won't find it here.") or Madworld's questioning of violence in games.

Still, very nice song, and I think that every video you improve. And an album, or at least a place to purchase individual MP3s would be lovely :).

I really liked this one, the Tarintino line was superb

I'm not mad about the tune, it seems to be a bit off, still, great lyrics, please make an album, or at least do a tour, and if you do post it on twitter. I love all of your stuff, keep it up.

Great song as always. Love your stuff.

I disagree somewhat with cobaltfram - I think that the technical components of your review are important. Your songs entertain, but as game reviews they should also inform. Since they're songs about games, I think that there should be information about how the game looks/plays.

The balance between review/song seems spot-on to me the way it is now. I think it would be a shame to lose the technical stuff altogether because it's part of what makes your work so cool (at least for me).

Heh, this is a new high. Keep up the great videos! :)

Haven't posted in a while about your videos, but this one was pretty damn great :D. It's good to see you doing new styles and different music each time now, your earlier videos were all pretty similar sound-wise (not that I'm complaining, I'm a Scouting for Girls fan after all), but later ones have changed and mixed it up each time which is great. Nice to see the people who didn't like you much before are now being turned over time, too.

As I say, great video, and keep up the good work :)

cobaltfram:
Very well done. I agree that maybe the rhythms could have been shaken up a bit here and there, but I really liked how the lyrics all built to very sweet, sad question; you're growing out of being a simple reviewer and are instead using your songs to explore personal issues within games, which sounds very silly, but you pull it off.

My only advice would be to drop all the technical aspects of a game reviewing ("Damn wonky camera") which almost always feel tacked-on or unnecessary, and focus entirely on the deeper themes you explore so well ("I won't find it here.") or Madworld's questioning of violence in games.

Still, very nice song, and I think that every video you improve. And an album, or at least a place to purchase individual MP3s would be lovely :).

Ah, but I'd advise the opposite. It's exactly those kinds of touches that reinforce that it is a song about games for gamers. Wonky camera may be hard to work into a song, but it emphasizes the nature of the beast for me. Loved it and it seemed very spot-on!

Yet another nail in the already nailed-shut coffin that contains Wet. Wow. I had no want to play this game when I first heard of it but this site is really picking on the game like it's the fat nerd in dodgeball. Yikes, I'm starting to feel sorry for Wet and its creators.

RAND00M:
I like this song.It had sort of a Country + African tribal music feel.

I just started matching this segment...

It's all very weird...
And strangely entertaining.

Nice! Well worth the wait. Somebody ALWAYS says on every video that it's their new favourite, but I'll have to suck it up and say it: This is my new favourite.

So there.

Rational-Delirium:
Nice! Well worth the wait. Somebody ALWAYS says on every video that it's their new favourite, but I'll have to suck it up and say it: This is my new favourite.

So there.

That only means she keeps getting better, and I agree. Though I might be a bit biased ;)

I like the song - it gets stuck in my head. :D

I love the look she makes when the controller falls

This is my new favorite song of yours, Rebecca. Great job! :O)

Joa_Belgium:

By the way: what did you say during the credits when your mate was down? It sounded pretty hilarious!

I thought it sounded like "Raaage" but it wasn't that easy to make out. Either the croaky voice was put on intentionally, or Rebecca has a frog in her throat! :O

Well, she obviously put on that voice intentionally, but I'm just wondering what she's saying ... curious little me.

Although I agree with the points in the song, I still enjoyed the game. It was worth a rent for me.
As always with the songs though, I can't get past how the lyrics never seem to flow together...

Lovely song, excellent video, great humor.

Great. I'm now addicted to yet another Escapist video series.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here