Reliable Source: Marion Cox Sr. Reveals The Secret Fifth Class in Diablo 3

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Marion Cox is down with the Pig Flu but his dad steps in and delivers with never-before-seen info from Blizzard.

Read Full Article

I already play all my games with that filter!

Crappy graphics filter, ace xD

And I love the subscription fee price. And being able to buy all of your items with your credit card! Now thats just amazing! I won't even have to grind!

Gigantic rofls abound.

Marion Cox:
Another aesthetic choice Blizzard has also addressed is the concern from fans that the game's graphics may be too vibrant. For this reason, Blizzard has given players the option to turn off your monitor and play the game "as it was meant to be played."

Haha, nice.

I still think it's too bright and not athmospheric enough, the color doesn't bother me, infact I welcome it. I don't really care, if the gameplay is good and the leveling complex then I'll happily play it even if they go back to 2D graphics.

"Cyber-Bolshevik" is my new title. Seriously, that's going on my Resume, and if I can swing it, driver's license.

I'm not a communist, that phrase is just too awesome. Actually, I might be a communist, I'm not really sure what that word means anymore. I'm Canadian and I love free Health Care... so... maybe?

The Canadian Communists are trying to corrupt us mericans! xD

Marion Cox:
Gameplay is still largely based on mugging natives and then fencing their stolen possessions to feed your ever-growing addiction to healing potions.

So true!

Also I don't really get the graphics controversy. I could care less if there were a thousand rainbows if it has all the Diablo addictiveness and polish I crave.

You know, i would actually like to play a game where you can pick leprechaun as your class and be as distractive as possible.

Especially if it was a MMORPG. Tee hee hee.

Fifth secret class? Well it's a paladin. They are just too much integrated with the lore to be passed on. Only other alternative is a rogue, but that seems unlikely as we already have a combo based class - the monk.

Now back to topic, I think you greatly underestimeate the inpact Battle.net 2.0 will have on the game. Remember, Blizzard is trying to integrate all of their games seamlesly on it. So we can enjoy Diablo III without ever having to leave Barren's chat. And we can never miss an oportunity to sign a lvl one's guild charter, even when we are in the middle of a high paced SCII rush.

I have very fond memories of Wigtownshire... *sigh*

Kollega:
You know, i would actually like to play a game where you can pick leprechaun as your class and be as distractive as possible.

Can you say "ridiculously silly" and "makes loads of sense" in one sentence? If so, good, you're a prime candidate to play the new MMORPG Ireland Live.

Spleenbag:

Kollega:

Can you say "ridiculously silly" and "makes loads of sense" in one sentence? If so, good, you're a prime candidate to play the new MMORPG Ireland Live.

Rated M for the violence, sexual content, alcohol references, historical content, and potatoes. And it's banned in Australia. And the UK.

Ah, awesome. Great fun to read.

Man, Reliable Source is an annoying article. I don't like lies in my news feed, even if it's comedy :\

Marion Cox:

Marion Cox is down with the Pig Flu but his dad steps in and delivers with never-before-seen info from Blizzard.

Read Full Article

The Rainbowmancers's ultimate skill/attack, is when you get as many enemies on screen and at the cost of 170 mana you can kill the entire screen with the Rick Roll attack.

Indeed up to 60 full hp, blood thristy demons will give up 10 seconds into the roll, But YOU are the one thing....the rainbowmancer can NOT give up!

MajoraPersona:

Spleenbag:

Kollega:

Rated M for the violence, sexual content, alcohol references, historical content, and potatoes. And it's banned in Australia. And the UK.

How canit be banned for the sexual content. JuggF***kers wasn't! AQll the assiues I knew were violent, booze drinking hump hounds!.... how is it offensive!?

blizzard has no influence in my life anymore. The first Set of games up to D2 and Warcraft 3 were perfect. To go and destroy all three of their major titles was pretty harsh to watch over the years. Paying for items from a credit card....in a game....something untangible....is for lack of a better description is retarded. Who the hell in their right mind would buy something from a copany that isnt real? Sounds to me like the Emporers New Wardrobe except its the masses looking quite stupid. Starcraft II is their last chance at redemption but i doubt they'll make anything more than a prettier origial version.

The average wow player has dropped $600 dollars on subscription fees alone. that makes it the most expensive pc game ever made...and blizzard is going to do it again with D3...dont those greedy f*#@s have enough of our money? Wasnt B-net a free service back when it started? i bet theyll add on a few fees for that as well. They have tuned into a money making business rather than a video game company. But the masses will eat it up like MW2 because they dont know any better

That was awesome. I'm playing a Rainbowmancer no doubt. :)

Haha, that was hilariously funny. I want a Rainbowmancer.

"Diablo 3 is a game."

Bravo dear Sir, where would we be without your rapier sharp observation skills?

it annoys me that the necromancer isn't in it, seeing as how it was one of the top classes way back in D2, and my personal favorite. But blizz sure as hell has their barbarian and sorceress in there, and their rip off of hellgates' summoner too. (yes, the witch doctor looks to play almost identically to hellgate londons summoner). god the barbarian was boring.
that other guy in this thread is probably right, the paladin is one of blizz's signature classes, and has appeared in most of their games.

Hiphophippo:
Gigantic rofls abound.

Agreed. That was entertaining, and interesting at the same time, lol.

Well, the old joke of when this game will be released may finally be put to rest!

Fenixius:
Man, Reliable Source is an annoying article. I don't like lies in my news feed, even if it's comedy :\

Then why do you read it? It's a satire, that's what it's supposed to be. If you're trying to get actual news, you're in the wrong place.

-Stranger-:

Fenixius:

Then why do you read it? It's a satire, that's what it's supposed to be. If you're trying to get actual news, you're in the wrong place.

Apologies if I mislead, but I don't regularly read Reliable Source. It's not the article that I object to; by all means, have some fun, guys. It's just that it's in my news feed, at the bottom of the main Escapist page in amongst other, real newspieces. Obviously, the article's title is prefaced by "Reliable Source: ", so it's not like I can't tell quickly, but it's still annoying.

It does seem like Duke Nukem may just beat Diablo3 to the shelves at this pace.

Fenixius:

-Stranger-:

Fenixius:

Apologies if I mislead, but I don't regularly read Reliable Source. It's not the article that I object to; by all means, have some fun, guys. It's just that it's in my news feed, at the bottom of the main Escapist page in amongst other, real newspieces. Obviously, the article's title is prefaced by "Reliable Source: ", so it's not like I can't tell quickly, but it's still annoying.

Fair enough, but doesn't every update, including non news, wind up in the news feed?

-Stranger-:
Fair enough, but doesn't every update, including non news, wind up in the news feed?

As far as I've ever seen, the four kinds of thing that go into the feed are:

#1 - News pieces
#2 - Articles posted (which include Reliable Source)
#3 - Articles which are "Oh hey lookie! This is cool!"
#4 - New video uploaded (Zero Punctuation, etc)

All of which I don't mind... except that Reliable Source is misleading at times. *shrug* It's not like I expected anything to come of me complaining; just catharsis.

Some variation is always nice, but this time it turned out particularly well. ;)

cant wait to look at some girly spell effects and locales, thats one of the things I loved about Oblivion.

Fenixius:

-Stranger-:

As far as I've ever seen, the four kinds of thing that go into the feed are:

#1 - News pieces
#2 - Articles posted (which include Reliable Source)
#3 - Articles which are "Oh hey lookie! This is cool!"
#4 - New video uploaded (Zero Punctuation, etc)

All of which I don't mind... except that Reliable Source is misleading at times. *shrug* It's not like I expected anything to come of me complaining; just catharsis.

Everything published on the site ends up in the news feed.

ihatekotaku:
Paying for items from a credit card....in a game....something untangible....is for lack of a better description is retarded.

Well, many people paying for the video game itself, something intangible (especially in the case of digital downloads), use a credit card and therefore must be retarded as well?

Well, I guess every gamer is a retard just wasting his money on a bunch of stupid pixels on a screen. I guess now that you've figured out the truth, the gaming industry will collapse and we'll all have to find new hobbies. ;)

That Rainbowmancer had better have a magic fairy wand and sparkly butterfly wings or this game is going to get panned by me.

Marion Cox:

Hey Marion, how are you today?
-SaintWaldo

Did I actually say that? I mean, I'm not saying I wouldn't say that, but, I just don't remember saying that. I may have been high. There's a viciously true rumor going about that I do that sometimes...

"Some Mexican game" was possibly the funniest line in the whole article. I do try to like your article, I just...no matter how much I want to, or how hard you try, you're just...not funny.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here