Stolen Pixels #149: Approval Ratings

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Winning the favor of the party's requisite evil bitch is more trouble than it's worth.

Read Full Article

What, so in DA: O, can you make party members like you more or less?
This game is sounding more interesting every time I hear more of it...
And that was a good one. I liked the... actually, it's confusing, but I still found it funny.

Too true, Shamus. Too true.

Dialogue with party members is a mini-game unto itself in DA:O, with approval rating sometimes taking a massive hit from seemingly arbitrary responses. I can't count how many times I had to reload after putting my foot in my mouth in party member conversation.

Well, in regards to Morrigan, there are four things that need to be mentioned:

1. No matter what good deed you commit before Morrigan, you can always shower her with jewelry to make up for it. Seriously, I found 2-3 times as many gifts for her as for any other character, and this is supported by the DA Wiki...

2. The irony is, the more she likes you, the less of a bitch she is to you. Essentially, you need to be a bastard to get her to like you, but then she mellows out instead of you two being a pair of arseholes.

3. Clever use of dialogue and detailed looting for gifts means you can bed Morrigan as soon as you leave the first town. Yep, you can score as soon as you're out of Lothering...

4. She's voiced by Claudia Black. If she tells me to kill orphans, I do it and ask for more! ;)

Oh my god. Poor kittens. Shamus, you're a bastard. And magnificent one, at that.

Indeed.

If its not Morrigan and her hateful banter, its Alister whining about not wanting to be king (the wuzz -Yes you can go kill the dragon and die for all of us you twat) or Leliana and her wierd plot about her talkin to the maker, or was that just a lie to get in on the fun? I'w no idear and still confused about that.

n00b question, how do you give them gifts?

and she is my only mage at this point! so i need her! not to mention i made her the party heal bot XD

JeppeH:
Indeed.

If its not Morrigan and her hateful banter, its Alister whining about not wanting to be king (the wuzz -Yes you can go kill the dragon and die for all of us you twat) or Leliana and her wierd plot about her talkin to the maker, or was that just a lie to get in on the fun? I'w no idear and still confused about that.

So i take it you just want a 3 other AI characters standing next to you without personality... half the fun is listening to them bicker. personally love the dialog between the "swamp witch" and Shale XD

DTWolfwood:

Switch over to their page while viewing the inventory, so they are displayed, and right-click the gift, select the package option.

If you're on pc, on console... yeah, I dunno.

admiraljustin:

Switch over to their page while viewing the inventory, so they are displayed, and right-click the gift, select the package option.

If you're on pc, on console... yeah, I dunno.

Ah i c thanks ^-^ didnt know it was that ez lol i kept trying to talk to them so i can hand them gifts damn i sold all me gifts too XD

and yes PC version ftw!

I had her with me for the entire game, and she definatly quietens down later. Also I didn't have her running around with side boob showing, mostly because the thought of her in chantry robes amused me somehow.

i played a rogue and since she is the only caster dps in the game i had to keep her, i went to the tower of magi quite late so Wynne was already a pretty high level healer.

but i always took her out of the party before going in to a town where most of the choices takes place, so i didn't get to much disapproval.

DTWolfwood:
So i take it you just want a 3 other AI characters standing next to you without personality... half the fun is listening to them bicker. personally love the dialog between the "swamp witch" and Shale XD

that's because shale's part of the conversation :P

Jandau:

4. She's voiced by Claudia Black. If she tells me to kill orphans, I do it and ask for more! ;)

When Claudia Black tells you to jump, you don't ask how high, you jump. :p

MossStone:
I had her with me for the entire game, and she definatly quietens down later. Also I didn't have her running around with side boob showing, mostly because the thought of her in chantry robes amused me somehow.

Putting Morrigan in Chantry robes!

Truly devious. I salute you.

Morrigan and Alistair's dialogs are awesome, and I try to get them in parties together just to hear her snipe at someone other than me.

DTWolfwood:

and she is my only mage at this point! so i need her! not to mention i made her the party heal bot XD

JeppeH:
Indeed.

I love hearing my party argue.
Sometimes I would just stand in one place and wait for them to talk.

Playing a good female character made me less than fond of Morrigan, basically she's a hateful bitch for most of the game and then, in the penultimate moment, she wants me to trick my boyfriend into sleeping with her for very dubious reasons... lovely.

I did do her one favor however...

Well, she's just a bitch.
But I did kill his mom, cuz she was even worse. Plus I hoped to get some loot.
The best party member is obviously Sten, he's just hilariously blunt.

JeppeH:
Indeed.

I think I'd be pissed at that spoiler if I hadn't almost finished the game. Seriously, you only find out that *SPOILER* Alistair is the bastard son of King Maric */Spoiler* more than halfway into the game.

I loved how picky she was...made me laugh so much and I still managed to get off with her through the careful manipulation of conversation and gifts!

But seriously, She was funny at times with her arguments, especilly if Alistair was there

Shamus Young:

Winning the favor of the party's requisite evil bitch is more trouble than it's worth.

Read Full Article

Well, she's not THAT crazy. She just doesn't like/trust...well, anyone. So, like, she doesn't want to ally with the mages because a) that would require trusting power with mages, and b) she would have to make herself and her powers known to the Templars, who'd probably kill her outright.....yeah, I've played this game too much.

She is awesome on so many levels, but at the same time, she is crazy...and I always take amusement when ever she opens her mouth, it's just makes me giggle.

And while she does mellow out a bit, it's not enough to be noticeable in public.

PedroSteckecilo:
Playing a good female character made me less than fond of Morrigan, basically she's a hateful bitch for most of the game and then, in the penultimate moment, she wants me to trick my boyfriend into sleeping with her for very dubious reasons... lovely.

I did do her one favor however...

I would love some [Party member] doesn't know what the hell (???) in this game though, maybe there's a mod out there somewhere.

DracoSuave:
Morrigan and Alistair's dialogs are awesome, and I try to get them in parties together just to hear her snipe at someone other than me.

Alistair and Ohgren is better.

The whole conversation about polishing their weapons is absolutely hilarious.

Am I the only one who got off with Leliana instead?

Jaranja:
[quote="DracoSuave" post="6.160034.4047907"]

I could not stand Leliana, a religious nutcase (amongst other things the discussion between her and Frank Horrigan about the nature of the world comes to mind) brrrr... I am also assuming they wanted her dialogue to sound french but it sounded more like she had a couple too many blows to the head, every time she opened her mouth I wanted to turn the sound off.

Alistair + Morrigan conversations = Awesome

I haven't finished Dragon Age yet, but if they convinue like this, I'm keeping them both around if only for amusement.

Poor kittens. Are the good and evil options on that game really extreme from eachother?

But yeah, A more comprehensive dating sim I've never seen. Though it's gotten to the point where I can't decide who to put in my party anymore.

I'm falling for Leiliana, but Zevran is a better rouge, Sten is the best tank and is quite amusing, but Alistair has more plot significance. MOrrigan and Wyne are must haves in my party: Morrigan has mastered all the primal elements, meaning she can clear out whole rooms by herself, and could likely solo a few areas, and wyne's (though I find her incredibly boring) an amazing healer, and has really become a must have.

I love all the companions in DA:O! I like getting Morrigan and Sten in my party. Go to youtube and search for their dialogue.

I also liked how Morrigan described Zevran: "And you're a fool that spends too much time on his hair!"

Great work Shamus, you reminded me how much I love them! I'm gonna go pet Dogmeat (he's my Mabari).

Dialog-wise, Zevran and Wynne are awesome too.

Aptus:

Jaranja:
[quote="DracoSuave" post="6.160034.4047907"]

I could not stand Leliana, a religious nutcase (amongst other things the discussion between her and Frank Horrigan about the nature of the world comes to mind) brrrr... I am also assuming they wanted her dialogue to sound french but it sounded more like she had a couple too many blows to the head, every time she opened her mouth I wanted to turn the sound off.

I thought it was cute in a way, Morrigan seemed too much like a dude.

vivaldiscool:
Sten is the best tank and is quite amusing

BLASPHEMY!

A Maxed-out Alistair with the Champion specialization is the best tank, and you know it! :)

Anyway, does anyone know if there is party limit mod out there?

SilentHunter7:

vivaldiscool:
Sten is the best tank and is quite amusing

BLASPHEMY!

A Maxed-out Alistair with the Champion specialization is the best tank, and you know it! :)

Anyway, does anyone know if there is party limit mod out there?

That would be awesome, though it might make the game a little unbalanced. Cutscenes would be near impossible to coordinate aswell.

Yeah, Morrigan is always bitching about my righteousness, but I keep her along because she's the second biggest damage dealer after myself and her spells are pretty useful for crowd control.

Well that made me laugh.

Point: She's a crazy and disapproving bitch

Counterpoint: side-boob

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook